Feb 27 2012

I am in Afghanistan

Scott calls the Morning Show...

Scott meets Ali...

Welcome to Afghanistan and the CURE Hospital....

Our K-LOVE and CURE Intl. trip to Afghanistan has been amazing!  Yesterday we arrived in Kabul.  Tensions are high, as you’ve probably heard, but we are safe and we’re seeing God work in amazing ways through CURE’s work here.

Although the CURE hospital is one of 60 hospitals in Kabul, it is the biggest and the busiest, God is using it to touch lives in an Amazing way.  We have seen first hand how loving people who consider us enemies is changing their lives, and one of the children’s lives being changed is Ali Sina.  We met Ali and his family today, and later this morning, we’ll see his cleft lip and pallet repaired, thanks to K-LOVE listeners.

I am sitting here awake at 2 AM, praying in anticipation of what God will do.  I am writing this because I don’t have access to a phone right now and a WIFI connection that comes and goes, in hopes that you will join me in praying for Ali, the CURE staff and the beautiful people of Afghanistan.

Here is a letter I wrote to Ali’s family after meeting them today:

“I wanted to write and let you know what a joy it was meeting your family yesterday.  We so appreciated meeting Ali, and are praying to God that his surgery goes well.  We are praying for God’s peace, and for a quick recovery.

What I wanted you to know is that there are many more people in America who love Ali and your family, and are praying for you today.  Ali’s surgery is being provided for by families who love the CURE hospital and wanted to help Ali.  We will continue to pray for him and for your family, we look forward to hearing about his recovery in the months to come.  May God bless and watch over you.”

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (29) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/27/2012 9:06:38 AM
diane mccauley United States
diane mccauley
We love you, Ali!  You are adorable!  May God bless you and your family!  You are precious in His sight, fearfully and wonderfully made!
2/27/2012 9:11:08 AM
Ronald United States
Ronald
Praise God! I am thankful for organizations like cure who reach out to those in need who Christ loves and wants to bless. May God bless you Scott and others, I'm praying that the weather gets better!
2/27/2012 10:07:05 AM
Donna U United States
Donna U
God bless Ali and organizations like Cure!  Ali is just adorable and has a wonderful life ahead of him.  I will pray for him as well as Scott and those who joined him in this dangerous place to help make life better for others.
2/27/2012 10:36:56 AM
Heather United States
Heather
You are in the hearts and prayers of so many "back here", Scott, as are those you are with and each of those you will touch with God's love and compassion.  And all of you are held securely in God's love and care.  (And thanks for the updates!)
2/27/2012 10:50:14 AM
Maria United States
Maria
My prayers with you Scott, and what a cute baby that is, God is good, you will all be fine and cant wait for those updates.
Way to go Cure Hospital and all the team with Scott!  What a world without you!
Maria
Antioch, CA
2/27/2012 10:53:21 AM
Maria United States
Maria
Oops, my email is gmail, NOT yahoo!! thanks, cant wait!
Maria
Antioch CA
2/27/2012 11:17:59 AM
LINDA CHERRY United States
LINDA CHERRY
Thank you Scott for going over there and  representing all christians here in the USA.  We will be praying for you and for Ali and that there will be no complications and you will get back home to us safely.

Until the Midnight Cry
Jeff & Linda Cherry
2/27/2012 12:12:24 PM
Sheila United States
Sheila
Awesome!!  God is so good!!  Praying for you Scott and the entire Ali team Smile
2/27/2012 12:15:09 PM
"G" United States
"G"
Thanks so much, Scott (and KLove) for sharing this wonderful experience.  It really gives direction to being the hands and feet of Christ.  We will continue the thoughts and prayers for you and for those who are being touched by your visit.

Blessings and travel mercies,
"G"
2/27/2012 12:39:47 PM
Kate W. United States
Kate W.
Praying for the surgery tomorrow and everyone there - the team, the surgeon, and especially Ali! Smile
2/27/2012 1:31:25 PM
Danielle S. United States
Danielle S.
Such a blessing! My Ali be blessed all the days of his life. My God work through him. God guide every hand that will be performing the surgery tomorrow in Jesus name. Scott it is amazing that you get to meet an awesome child like Ali.

Blessings and continuous love!
The Stilwell Family
2/27/2012 1:36:19 PM
Hailey United States
Hailey
Thank God u r safe and I pray that the surgery goes well tomorrow. She is soo cure!!!! 💗😘😃🐹
2/27/2012 2:18:13 PM
TImothy United States
TImothy
God is so wonderful and great!!!!
2/27/2012 2:21:17 PM
Colleen United States
Colleen
Wow .... God Bless you and keep you safe...did not know it snowed there like that, more snow there than in Vt. You are in my prayers and I will be praying that the surgery is a success... loved watching you give the family the hats... again God Bless you
2/27/2012 2:26:01 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
You and Klove have been a huge blessing in my life.  I pray for your saftey as well as a successfull surgery for Ali.  Thank you for sharing God's goodness and being a disciple of Christ!!

God Bless and Prayers
Lisa Mengeu
2/27/2012 2:31:29 PM
Twila United States
Twila
What a blessing. This is what we are suppose to do love one another. Can't wait to see more updates. I am loving being able to watch someone so cute and special get his healing through the hands of doctors.
2/27/2012 2:55:51 PM
Erik Longenecker United States
Erik Longenecker
Scott,

You certainly have been prayed for by so many people for your safety and God's will to be done. Thank you for representing Christ with your actions of love, smile, and character. We are all eager to hear all the amazing things God has been teaching you on your trip!

Blessings from here and there,
Erik
2/27/2012 3:27:05 PM
J. W. Bauman United States
J. W. Bauman
"Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world..." and that means you too, Ali!  Wish I could hold you just like Scott is doing!

Thank you Lord Jesus for all you, K-LOVE and Cure Hospital does!

Be safe, Scott;  we are praying for you all!
2/27/2012 3:35:03 PM
Susan Voglairdo United States
Susan Voglairdo
We are praying for you Ali and love you so much.  May Jesus' surround you with His loving arms and may you know how much you are loved!!!
2/27/2012 3:45:11 PM
Mary Jeam United States
Mary Jeam
God bless u for going to be with this family for suport ,hope everything goes well  may god bless you and keep you out of harms way.   God bless you all.
2/27/2012 4:03:45 PM
J. P. United States
J. P.
God bless you, Scott and CURE International. You have no idea the difference you are making! Our son was born with a bilateral cleft lip, and because our awesome God, he no longer does. Blessings to all the missionaries and doctors! Our prayers are with you.
2/27/2012 4:08:55 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
Wow, what an amazing video of Scott meeting Ali and giving the family the hats that he has talked about learning to knit!!  I can't imagine the amazing feeling that he is feeling being a part of this miracle that God is bringing to Ali and his family!!
2/27/2012 4:09:39 PM
Charisse United States
Charisse
thank you, Scott, for going to Afghanistan and for helping that adorable little baby Ali.  Thank you for being representative of those of us who would like to go but can't.  The prayer you prayed here (on this post) is beautiful Scott.  I have never met you, but I listen to you & Kellie on the radio sometimes.  I wish I did know you and could give you a big hug, you are an amazing young man!  God's love and compassion are shining through you, Honey.

Be safe, and give my love to the family and Ali, if you get a chance.

Looking forward to hearing from you once you are back.

An Old Gramma in Texas, USA
2/27/2012 4:15:58 PM
RUBY SANCHEZ United States
RUBY SANCHEZ
Children are precious gifts our heavenly father, you beautiful Ali and you are in my prayers Smile
2/27/2012 4:40:16 PM
Kathye United States
Kathye
God Bless Ali & his family. Scott, you & everyone at K-Love are doing amazing things with your ministries.  I am a new follower & my life is forever changed.  Have a safe journey & God Bless.
2/27/2012 5:34:24 PM
Pam C United States
Pam C
Scott,
As many others have said, I am praying for all of you.  God Bless and stay safe.
2/27/2012 7:56:53 PM
Martha V United States
Martha V
God Bless you Scott and Cure Hospital.  May the Holy Spirit be with the surgeon's hands as they perform miracles for Jesus.  May God keep you safe.
2/27/2012 7:57:44 PM
fran United States
fran
hi scott liitle ali he so cute god bless him im glad you got to meet him how is he doing? we wish you a safe return home god bless you have fun.
2/28/2012 12:55:37 AM
Cheryl McK. United States
Cheryl McK.
Dear Scott,

It's a blessing to serve others.  You are doing GOD work and representing HIM by being there. May HE continue to bless you and keep you safe. Keeping you in prayers always.