Feb 29 2012

Afghanistan Day 3: Get Out Of Your “Comfort Zone”

Scott and Kelli talk...

Ali Update

Premature Babies

Coming Home

There Together

This trip with CURE Intl. has been such a great lesson in why we must get out of our “comfort zone”.  Coming to Afghanistan, with tensions extremely high, certainly gave me a chance to get out of my “comfort zone” this week, and it has been life changing!

Looking down at Ali on that operating table yesterday, I saw myself… Ali was lying there vulnerable and in desperate need of help, just like me.  When I was vulnerable and in desperate need of help, it was Jesus who came and rescued me!  He left his “comfort zone” to save me, and change my life…Forever!  This week the K-LOVE family helped rescue a little Afghan boy, and your efforts will change Ali Sina’s life… Forever!

My hope is that this week has demonstrated what can happen when we work together to make a difference for someone else.  I don’t know what getting out of your “comfort zone” means for you, but I am guessing that you have a pretty good idea what it looks like.  If Jesus set the example for us, by leaving his “comfort zone”, than I am not sure what makes us think that we can excuse ourselves from doing the same?  He has called each of us to love as he loved, to treat “the least of these” as we would Jesus, himself.  Jesus left his “comfort zone” to change our lives forever…now it’s your turn to leave your “comfort zone” to change someone else’s life!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (26) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/29/2012 9:57:17 AM
Terry United States
Terry
I am so proud to see Scott and Klove team over in Afghanistan helping Ali. I am praying for all of you and that very blessed baby. May God Bless all of you and Ali. What a wonderful life he will have.
Thank you Scott for your sacrifice from being away from your family and job to make this all work.
Simply amazing!
2/29/2012 9:59:06 AM
Cheryl United States
Cheryl
I AM SO BLESSED TO FOLLOW THIS STORY OF ALI AND THAT I COULD BE A VERY SMALL PART OF HIS SURGERY!  I WANT TO DO MORE...THANK YOU FOR BRINGING THIS NEED TO MY ATTENTION!  THANKS TO SCOTT FOR MAKING THE TRIP AND BEING THERE FOR ALI AND HIS FAMILY...YOU SPEAK FOR ALL OF US HERE THAT HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR ALI.
2/29/2012 10:02:21 AM
kathleen United States
kathleen
How wonderful. God bless you guys. xo
2/29/2012 10:06:43 AM
Tracey United States
Tracey
Happy tears... Many blessings on Ali and team Smile
2/29/2012 10:30:17 AM
Donna United States
Donna
Blessings and prayers for your safety and the safetly of the doctors and soldiers that serve.  What an experience to be a part of Ali's life.  He may not understand now, but, oh, my, what God can do!
2/29/2012 11:03:12 AM
Wilbut Tankersley United States
Wilbut Tankersley
You are truely an inspiration for us all as you allow the blessing of God flow through you!
2/29/2012 12:38:52 PM
Rebecca Heath United States
Rebecca Heath
Thank you for your support of kids with a cleft pallate.  When I was born I had a cleft pallate that was surgically repaired and now 40 years old and doing great.  I hope Ali has a long and happy life.  Prayer for him and his family in these trying times of war in Afghanistan.  Please bring Scott safely home.
2/29/2012 12:47:15 PM
Hailey United States
Hailey
So happy he is doing so well. Hope to here all of your stories when u get back !!!!!!! Be safe!!
2/29/2012 12:50:13 PM
Jamie United States
Jamie
Thank you for your support and investment in Ali's future. My son was born September 2011 with a Cleft Lip. He had surgery this January and is doing great. This story has personally touched me and I want to thank you again for all your support for those cleft affected. It means so much to so many. May God continue to bless.
2/29/2012 1:14:54 PM
Getsemani United States
Getsemani
God bless everyone who help do this miracle
2/29/2012 1:18:37 PM
Debby United States
Debby
God is Awesome!  What a beautiful and precious baby.  I pray God will do wonderful things in Ali's life.  I pray Ali's parents will see and come to know Jesus in this miracle.
2/29/2012 1:21:58 PM
Maria United States
Maria
Thank you Scott for the updates and for waking me up to "come out of my comfort zone", what have I been doing all this time?  So glad KLove was the only radio I could get clearly in my office on my small memorex, I just got stuck with it and what a damn good thing it was.  I have learnt a lot from your show and am sure am closer to knowing God than ever before.  Thanks for all you do, cant wait to hear your stories 12-3p, M-F!!
Maria
2/29/2012 1:45:23 PM
Germaine United States
Germaine
Thanks for sharing the photos and inspiration. Now Ali will have a chance to be "normal" in his society and God can help him touch more people as he grows and is allowed to go out in the world.
2/29/2012 1:45:49 PM
sherry United States
sherry
I heard you counting down the days on KLOVE until you would be making your trip. Hoping that it is everything you ever expected and more. The child is beautiful and I am so thankful to God that he was able to get this done. God is so good!!!
2/29/2012 1:46:52 PM
Julie Walsh United States
Julie Walsh
God Bless you and thank you!  What a blessing!
2/29/2012 1:50:44 PM
Carmen United States
Carmen
Praise God that Ali will be able to go forth and touch other Afgan lives by demonstrating Christ's blessings. God's love is contagious! Thank you KLove for allowing us to participate in this healing.
2/29/2012 1:56:03 PM
RobfromVA United States
RobfromVA
I pray that Ali and his family will come to know the saving grace of Jesus our Lord!

Act 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved.
2/29/2012 2:05:54 PM
Getsemani United States
Getsemani
God has changed my life with this story
2/29/2012 2:07:35 PM
Getsemani United States
Getsemani
May God work thourth our lives just as God did with Little Ali.
2/29/2012 4:21:05 PM
Patricia Fellows United States
Patricia Fellows
Ali is adorable.
2/29/2012 6:56:00 PM
martha galvan United States
martha galvan
Our GOD is so awesome,and THE KLOVE fAMILY, which is all of us ,the Body of CHRISTSmileSmileSmileSmilemartha
2/29/2012 6:57:55 PM
J. W. Bauman United States
J. W. Bauman
I am so glad that Ali is doing so well post-op!

Scott, it is so cute the way that he is looking at you and holding your finger so tightly. Certainly a tear-jerker;  get the Kleenex!

May God continue to work through you and may others come to know Him.

For God so loved the world...
2/29/2012 8:08:16 PM
Grace United States
Grace
So beautiful. Just seeing that precious child's face and knowing the impact this will have on his life is so touching. Every time I hear the commercial for Cure on klove I just get chills down my spine. Praise the Lord for rescuing those in need!
2/29/2012 11:20:06 PM
Kelly V United States
Kelly V
I am literally in tears. God is so good. What a beautiful little boy. He will do great things. My heart and prayers are with you Scott and all the children affected by this condition.
3/1/2012 12:49:15 PM
Nadine Jamaica
Nadine
Watching that video with Scott and little Ali brought tears to my eyes.  What a precious gift - the gift of love and life. Continue to spread the love of God to the ends of the earth through your ministry K-Love.

I wish you many blessings -
In Jamaica we would say  - Blessings plus Tax!

Nadine
3/2/2012 8:47:17 AM
Regan United States
Regan
That is so amazing!! You are all SUCH examples to kids like me!! And just like Ali I am blessed with getting to know who you are and how wonderful you guys are!!