Mar 05 2012

Back Home & on Air

I am glad to be home, but there is a part of me that still lingers in Afghanistan, and honestly, probably always will.  This past week has helped change my life forever.  Thanks to CURE Intl., I have seen first hand that sharing the Gospel, begins with caring for people.

In Matthew 25, Christ calls us to share our faith by caring for people, he tells us to feed, clothe and love even the “least of these”, and that is exactly what this past week was about… And we saw God move in amazing ways.

The lesson here isn’t that we have to travel to a place like Afghanistan to do that, it is simply that we need to take advantage of those opportunities, whenever and wherever they present themselves, this is what it means to “be the light of the world”.  In living our lives this way, people will want to know why, and it is then that God opens the door for you to share the Gospel.  I can only imagine how God can use us to change the world, for his glory, once we have learned to love as he does.

Airport adventure on my way home.

Recap of the impact of CURE's surgery on Ali.

Ind. mom loses legs but saves kids from tornado. U.S. News

An Indiana woman lost both her legs when her family's home collapsed on top of her Friday as she was shielding her two children from a devastating tornado. But thanks to the woman's efforts, her kids survived.

Levi's 'All Shapes And Sizes' Campaign Only Applies To Skinny Girls. Business Insider

Study:Banning too-thin models could help curb anorexia. TODAY

Bounty scandal has Saints in disarray. ESPN

3/5/2012 12:28:21 PM
Monica United States
Monica
Amen!, i agree. What you all did in Afghanistan was an amazing way to show God's love. it inspires me, even though i wasnt able to go( i really wanted to), but it inspires me, because God can use us where ever we are when we simply s tep out andshow Gods love!
3/5/2012 1:32:38 PM
julie oliver United States
julie oliver
praise jesus what a wonderful thing you have done for these loving people i hope you recieved all the blankets and hats i sent before you left to take with you. god bless cant wait to hear all about your trip on the air. and dont forget the pics god bless you and k love for all you do. you are the light in a very dark world thank you again
3/5/2012 2:58:31 PM
Jordan United States
Jordan
Ali is so cute and healed. Thank Jesus. He has a future now!
3/5/2012 3:27:35 PM
Cary Sove United States
Cary Sove
I was so excited for you Scott when I heard that you were going to make this trip and I knew that it WOULD be life changing.  My husband and I travel to India once a year and minister to the Dalit (the "untouchables") in many tribal villages in two separate states of India and I know that it totally wrecks you to Western Christianity.  And our money does SO MUCH overseas!  Like you shared, for just $1,000, little Ali's life is changed forever.  We are trying to raise $2,000 for a village near Vizianagaram that is a leper colony and has about 125 families.  The government built concrete buildings with no windows, just a door, for the lepers, and the village has a well, but with no electricity they have no way to get the water out of the well and no way to run fans in the concrete "homes" these precious people live in.  I cannot imagine having leprosy and living through 125 degree weather for months on end and no running water in the village.  This is but a drop in the bucket (no pun intended) of the things we see and the opportunities we have to radically change peoples' lives in the Name of Jesus.  It is an amazing thing to experience these types of things and to be Jesus with skin on to so many people that have no hope.  May the Lord bless you (and CURE,INT'L.) for the awesome work done!
3/5/2012 7:04:25 PM
RobfromVA United States
RobfromVA
Romans 10:13,14
13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." 14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?
3/6/2012 12:12:34 PM
Tracye Harris United States
Tracye Harris
All I can say is WOW and praise be to God!