Sep 29 2012
Sep 28 2012

September 28, 2012

Scott is out sick today, he would greatly appreciate your prayers.

Camp for grown women (TODAY)

Katie Couric speaks out about her struggle with Bulimia (GMA YAHOO! News)

Son's DNA found in mom's brain (CBS News)

Genius Ways to Save on Gas (Shine from YAHOO!)

Homeless Filipino Boy Wins $130,000 (Huffington Post)

Cute Kid Note Of The Day: 'What Is Love?' (Huffington Post)

Enjoy Autumn with iPhone Apps (Appolicious)

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Sep 28 2012

Ohio Teacher With No Arms, Instructs And Inspires

Mary Gannon instructs and inspires with her feet. She uses her toes as naturally as if they were fingers, writing on the board, typing on the computer and passing out papers.

Gannon, born with no arms, teaches math and science at Harding Middle School in Lakewood, Ohio. But it's her handling of a disability that provides life lessons.

“If it’s going to inspire or help people for them to be or do better in their lives, then I’m OK with that and I hope that people gain something from me,” Gannon told Fox 8.

(Read full story)

Special Guest Artist Interview
Jun 08 2012

Special Guest Artist Interview

Big Daddy Weave  our special guest today, listen to the interview below.

Fans willing to pay 400% markup for Kanye West sneakers. USA TODAY

This hovercraft can be yours for $190,000. CBS News

Texas testing 85 MPH speed limit on highway segment. CBS News

Ryan Gosling & Eva Mendes Cause A Stir At Brock University Graduation (VIDEO). Huffington Post

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/8/2012 2:37:55 PM
monica United States
monica
I am listening to your interview with Mike Weaver in tears. It is EXACTLY what I needed today. I have fought the battles in my head of unworthiness that he has been speaking of. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
6/8/2012 2:39:57 PM
Penni United States
Penni
I wish I could tell Mike everything I'd like to say to thank him for his song, "Redeemed," but I don't have time right now. I want to take the time, instead, to tell him that I think he is SO wise and I can relate to his feelings of low self-worth and am trying to see myself the way God sees me...Anyway, thank you and God bless you!
6/8/2012 2:46:24 PM
Becky Jennings United States
Becky Jennings
I'm listening to your interview with Mike Weaver, and I'm amazed to hear how he has felt about himself. He is such an amazing and shining example of what we all should be, the hands and feet of Christ.
I saw him in concert in Lawton, Ok. a few months ago, and his show was awesome. I must say that I love his new song Redeemed, the first time I heard it I looked it up so I could get it on my conputer and listen to it anytime I want to while at work. I can't wait to get the CD.
I'm so thankful that he has realized that he is Redeemed. And I pray that he will continue to be open and honest with his music.
May God Bless you all,
6/8/2012 2:50:18 PM
Rod United States
Rod
Thank you for this interview I myself have struggled  with self worth and my weight for years. Thanks to s lot of good people and the Grace of God I now know who I am.
6/8/2012 2:51:59 PM
Camilla United States
Camilla
I just heard Big Daddy Weaves new song and it's AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOVE it! Thnx Big Daddy Weave!!!! U guys r AWESOME!
6/8/2012 3:00:31 PM
Barb United States
Barb
The song "Love Come to Life" is perfect to what God has done in me recently.  I'm realizing how much God truly loves me and how that empowers me to love Him and people.  I know longer do it in my own strength, but in the strength of Jesus!
6/8/2012 3:46:54 PM
Stacey United States
Stacey
I got to work out with Mike on the KLOVE cruise in 2010, with Biggest Loser contestant Sean Algier.  Mike, you and Sean put me to shame with your ability to do the exercises Sean lead. It was a pleasure to be there with you, and if you were to walk up to me on the streets, I would know you by the peace and kindness in your eyes, and that God blessed smile.  You guys lead an awesome, energetic worship on the ship.  What you have gone through is teaching you hat you will pass on to others.  Bless you brother.
6/8/2012 4:29:20 PM
Sherry United States
Sherry
I am so sad I missed Mike's story about self worth I definitely know shame, guilt and low self worth. I loved your story about helping the poor with basic needs. I have always worked since Jr. High and taken care of myself. But, I have been without a job since November and I am now sooo aware of how quick this can happen and how precious the smallest things are! Someone gave me $5 for gas today and I was in tears. I plan on using the money to go in this weekend and help feed the poor. Thank you so much for your beautiful gift of worship. I pray every time "Love Come to Life" plays that I may be that example of Jesus here. God Bless
6/8/2012 6:59:57 PM
trying to heal United States
trying to heal
I needed to hear his comments as well.  As a survivor of childhood sexual assault, I struggle every day to know God doesn't see me as worthless and dirty.  I love the song "Redeemed."
6/11/2012 12:37:34 PM
Brooke Colungo United States
Brooke Colungo
This is a great picture! Ya'll have encouged me a lot, when i'm at school I have all these songs stuck in my head, and i just start singing and everyone says stop singing but instead of being rude, I just say "i'm not singing for you, i'm singing for Jesus" K-Love is the only radio station I listen to! If i didn't listen to k-love, I have no idea where my life would be right now.(: I love you guys so much! THANKS!!!!!!