Jul 20 2012

In Response To The Colorado Shooting

A few responses to the crisis:

DENVER FIRST CHURCH:

We have offered our facility and pastoral support to the Aurora PD if they need it.

Denver Sharefest is still encouraging people and K-LOVE listeners to come down to WILLIAM ROBERTS School in Denver (2100 Akron Way) to join them in praying for the community.  William Roberts is 6miles from the theatre

Mississippi Avenue Baptist Church beginning at 2pm will be having licensed counselors on site of their church for immediate Family and those present at the shooting

o   303-344-0226 is the church number (Chris Hayes is a youth pastor)

o   They are also having a prayer vigil tonight at 6pm

Focus on the Family FREE Booklet: "Parenting in the Midst of Crisis"

Why God? Pastor Steve Curtis

Pastor Shawn Siegfreid, Denver First Church

Responding

Psalm 61:2

Level Ground at the Foot of the Cross

Tragic Phone Call

Coming Together

Prayer

Kelli's Text Message

Practical steps to take to help you cope with National events

1.Pray and read your Bible, read about those who faced trials, difficulties so that you may find comfort and peace. Pray even when you don’t know what’s or the how’s, be assured His Holy Spirit will help you

Romans 8:26

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter, He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. (The Message Bible)

2.Give yourself and your family a break from the news reports. Watch movies, play music or play games with your Kids.

Proverbs 27:10

Don't leave your friends or your parents' friend and run home to your family when things get rough; better a nearby friend than a distant family.

3.Take some time for yourself to process the very changing events.

Proverbs 19:8

Grow a wise heart—you'll do yourself a favor; keep a clear head—you'll find a good life.

4.Talk to a friend, neighbor or your Pastor or someone about what you are feeling, your thoughts and your emotions.  We all will have some grieving to do and that’s OK

Psalm 35:14

I went about mourning as though for my friend or brother. I bowed my head in grief as  though  weeping for my mother.

5.Take care of yourself.  Eat properly, exercise and give your brain a break

Psalm 116:7

I said to myself, "Relax and rest”. God has showered you with blessings

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/20/2012 1:00:05 PM
Lisa French United States
Lisa French
Joining With You In Prayer.
Thank You For The Blessing That You Are KLOVE<3>
7/20/2012 1:54:44 PM
Joy Robbins United States
Joy Robbins

Please remember the Police Office, Investigating Team, Doctors and Nurse, Counselor’s and Pastor’s that are responsible for working at the Theater and the Hospital and Church’s in your prayers, they have a difficult job ahead of them with long hours to come.

Thank you Kelly, Scott and Klove for your words of comfort and the wonderful music.

Joy
7/20/2012 2:45:07 PM
The Reverends Debra and Andy Watson United States
The Reverends Debra and Andy Watson
We live in Eden,NC and have been praying through the day for the Victims, their families, the injured their families, all Drs, Nurses, Nursing Assistants, Police, Fire,Rescue Personnel, and the accused and his family. May the God and Father of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob, the God and Father of Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ in Unity with the Holy Spirit bring everyone in need HIS COMFORT, GRACE ,LOVE, PEACE ,be with you!
7/20/2012 3:39:19 PM
Robyn @ The Birthday Project United States
Robyn @ The Birthday Project
People can send cards with notes of encouragement, gift cards, children's artwork, flowers, or any other form of support for victims and/or appreciation for first responders & medical personnel to:

Century Aurora 16 Theaters

Aurora Emergency Management
15151 E. Alameda Parkway
Aurora, CO 80111
7/20/2012 11:07:34 PM
Randall United States
Randall
Why, we wil never know. Till we reach Heaven!!!!
7/21/2012 9:53:59 AM
Ainsley Rawlings United States
Ainsley Rawlings
Praying for victims and families from Bialystok, Poland!!

Chris and Ainsley Rawlings
Lakewood, Colorado
7/22/2012 1:59:24 PM
Jacquelyn Nacopoulos United States
Jacquelyn Nacopoulos
Hello Friends,

How are you? Nice to meet you. I am From Massachusetts.

I am here for you all.. Everyone.

I will always pray for Everyone. I will light all the candles for Everyone. They are in my Heart Forever.

I will always love them forever. I wish I was here for all the people, many families,many relatives,many good friends,more forever.

I just want to hug and kiss them forever.  We will need Peace for all the people. They are all the parts of my Hearts...inside.

They are like Family to me.  I will always love all Sisters,all Brothers,all Mothers,all Fathers, all Grandparents,all Cousins, all Nephews,all Nieces,all Uncles, all Aunts,all Friends.

I never forget it forever. Because Everything changed forever.

All The People need Second Chance. that's it.

I love you Everyone.