Jul 27 2012

Seeing God in Nature

A few weeks ago, I got a chance to soak up God's beauty on a trip to Denver, Colorado. Ever since I was a kid, nature has spoke to me just how immense and great God is, and this trip reaffirmed that. It's amazing that our God, who created all of nature, still loves me and each one of us. What reminds you of God and how amazing he is?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (10) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/27/2012 1:29:51 PM
Linda United States
Linda
I am blessed to be a third generation Colorado native.  My family has vactioned in Estes Park since before I was born. My favorite place to go is to the Rocky Mountain National Park!  It has always been one of the ways that God speaks His Awesome Greatness to me.  Do you think that God could have made the world just in black-n-white, but instead He made it in vibrant colors? ... just for us! Praise Him!  Hallelujah!
7/27/2012 1:39:08 PM
Dee United States
Dee
I happen to live and work in one of the seven wonders of the world, the Grand Canyon! Everyday I hear about how geologists have estimated the age of the layers of rock.  I look into the Canyon and all I see is God's hand at work.  I find peace when I look or hike into the Canyon.  This is definitely God's creation.
7/27/2012 1:40:56 PM
Lisa Cadwell United States
Lisa Cadwell
I love your pictures of the mountains. When I'm needing a boost of the awesomeness of God, he reminds me of how things in the body work. Today he reminded me of the Krebs cycle (metabolism).
7/27/2012 1:42:29 PM
Michele United States
Michele
Being from Florida, I witness God in nature on our beautiful beaches. Just last weekend I stood in awe at His creation watching the calmness of ocean on the surface, while the power of the  surf crashed on the shore.
7/27/2012 2:00:11 PM
Tonya United States
Tonya
I find beauty and restoration in God's amazing wilderness, but it is in child's eyes that I find His inspiration. You see I teach Sunday school to children/teens who have behavioral or developmental special needs. No matter how great or difficult my work week has been, I am eager to be with the kids. That is where you will find a differnt kind of beauty and acceptance.
7/27/2012 2:00:53 PM
Hope United States
Hope
The vastness in variety of nature. Just think of all the different kinds of plants from lichen to oak trees, from duckweed to cacti, from bluegrass to a redwood tree. And all the beautiful flowers that bloom in their turn snowdrops, crocus, daffodils, tulips, lilies, daisies, black-eyed Susan's, chicory. Thank you God for such beautiful variety. Thank you for variety in people as well.
7/27/2012 2:45:42 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I see so may beautiful things that God has created so that we know that he is God but I think his greatest master piece is people because people are able to tell us of God's love and share their love of God just for being who they are. I know that God knows just when I need the right encouragement he will send me one of my friends or family to speak to me and they won't know what I'm going through but God does and he send's that word through people who care. I'm thankful for the blessing that others bring me and the blesses that I can bring others just by being who God created me to be.
7/27/2012 5:09:35 PM
patrick United States
patrick
through people came to mind right away and especially the children (my friend Hannah who is 7 and I miss very much). But ultimately it is THE CROSS. everytime I see one I am reminded of how much Jesus Loves me despite myself and sometimes others. 10 years ago while dieing drinking 30-40 beers aday I started seeing crosses every where. Especially when I went to get my beer at 7am as the gate went up at walmart for the alcohol. Even telephone poles were crosses. It seemed everywhere I turned there was a cross and it was burning into my forhead. I could get away from them. Thank you Jesus because I love the cross today because it is the power of God. Nothing can defeat it. Something intended as a symbol of such horrible, aweful suffering and death has become a symbol of such LOVE beyond my understanding. That you God Our Father for THE CROSS in Jesus name. Earlier today I was looking at the back of a cross and a message on it FORGIVENESS-Luke 23:34. At one time in my life I hated the sight of the cross and today it inspires me to continue and gives me such joy when I see them. Only Jesus could turn something like the cross from something so ugly and horrible to a symbol of TRUE everlasting LOVE - POWER! Thank you for asking. Psalm 29 and Ephesians 6:10-20 at ya. Peace.
7/27/2012 10:22:56 PM
Eileen United States
Eileen
I have always been fascinated by nature and woodland plants in particular. I spent hours walking in the woods - exploring the acres of mountain ground around me. God created such amazing things! I started a business based on woodland plants after I got laid off from my job and I have never been so happy in my life! Not only am I earning a better living than ever before but I get to spend my days surrounded by nature with the Lord by my side.
I want to add that I am so happy right now that I crying because today I was able to buy a new computer that has speakers that work and I am listening to KLOVE! I never was able to do that before at home! God is so good!
7/28/2012 3:28:38 PM
Becki United States
Becki
When I am by a waterfall, I know I'm in the presence of a great Creator! Nature has to be the most amazing of his creations.