Aug 16 2012

Special Guest Lysa TerKeurst talking about "Unglued"

Lysa TerKeurst talking about what causes you to come Unglued and how do you handle it.

Plastic versions of Christianity shut people down.

Four types of reactions.

Why did you write the book?

I am this kind of person, now what?

Strategy

Inside Chatter

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

8/16/2012 1:21:20 PM
Josie United States
Josie
The thing that Unplugs me is my husband not taking charge of his health. He ask me to get him water, sweet stuff from the store, he is over weightand needs excerise and lots of movement. but don't do things that help. I've done everything wrong that you have talked about and I need your book so I can learn how to take back control of how I act and react... soooo sad in denver. I love my husband dearly and just  don't want him to die.Or be more sick then he is. So now anything I say  annoys him. I just want a vacation from him for at least 4 months. He really needs to take care of himself. I say forgive me all the time to God because I did say for better or worse. I feel lucky becaused some people lost their spouse.
8/16/2012 1:22:01 PM
Peggy Matzer United States
Peggy Matzer
I come unglued when I am in pain.  I have a torn ACL and my knee is weak because of this.  This past Saturday I had my 3 grandchildren and while they were over my knee went out and I fell down a few stairs.  I was very uncomfortable and I was mean to them.  I warned them that they were getting on my last nerve but I yelled at my middle granddaughter and am still beating myself up over it.  They did not see the loving Nana that they are used to.  I have decided to keep praying so I never yell at them unnecessarily again.  Thanks for letting me get this out of my system.
8/16/2012 1:47:36 PM
Allison United States
Allison
I was driving home this afternoon when I heard Lysa share the four types of reactions. When she explained the "Stuffers that Builds Barriers" my heart sunk into my stomach. Hours earlier I had let Satan create doubts in my heart to the point where I unfairly came unglued towards my husband. Wanting to avoid confrontation, I physically put up a barrier between us by more-or-less running away from my problem (hence why I was in the car).
Thank goodness my husband fights for me (and not against me) when I come unglued!
And thank you, Lysa, for making me aware of how I react to stressful situations. God bless you!
8/16/2012 1:56:20 PM
Sandy United States
Sandy
I came unglued when people would pass judgement on my son-in-law when they did not know the whole story of why he went to jail. I have learned to listen to God and not the uninformed stone throwers.  He is in jail for "violating" city codes when he continued having Bible studies in his home.  After a five year struggle to satisfy the city, they gave him 60 days and a large fine.  He was once lost but found forgiveness and a love for God in prison and now he has a family and a passion to preach teach
8/16/2012 2:57:19 PM
Katelyn Rekoske United States
Katelyn Rekoske
I have a boyfriend that loves me very much, what I need to know is engagement and be happy to be together unglued. And we always find each other.
8/16/2012 3:26:30 PM
Nancy United States
Nancy
I come unglued when I try to loose weight and I'm not able to make it, it's so hard for me and I need to loose weight for many reasons, but I can't. Thank you for your time, God bless you.
8/16/2012 4:11:02 PM
Julia United States
Julia
There are times when I know that I can’t be everywhere at the same time, but as a single parent I’ve learned that I have to magic happen. There are times when I come unglued because my plate is overflowing with projects at work, one kid is sick and needing to be picked up from school while the other kid forgot something and needs me to bring it to them and then to top it off I don’t feel well myself. I have to remind myself that this is just one bad day and tomorrow will be better and that I need to rest in the Lord.
8/17/2012 11:59:00 AM
Amy Wood United States
Amy Wood
Most of the time I don't come unglued instantly. I usually pack it all it all in and let it fester, before I just blow up.  It's usually a combination of things like my ex-husband and his wife trying constantly stir up strife with my daughter.  Or my ex-husband and his mother trying to put me in the middle of their disputes.  It's so selfish and childish the way they act, and it really hurts my daughter.  I try so hard to maintain the peace and keep my cool, but when it just piles up on the inside, that is when I come unglued. Sometimes it's the constant swirl of change going on at work with a serious lack of communication. Anyone who is a single mom like me knows how easy it is to come unglued when dealing with your ex-spouse and ex-in-laws.  May God Bless us all.