We are so horrified and heartbroken over the senseless violence at the Conn. school. As humans, we are sickened. As parents...devastated. Please pray.
"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes & death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, crying, nor pain anymore." Rev 21:4
A Christmas Prayer by Max Lucado.
I was listening to "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" in the car yesterday and thinking of the heartbreaking tragedy in CT. These lyrics jumped out at me:
"O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night
And death's dark shadows put to flight."
Grateful for the promise of Christmas. Come, Emmanuel.
Some Words from our pastor. So well said.
From Pastor Ray:
Today is a heartbreaking day. Our nation experienced the second worst school shooting in American history. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and everyone affected by this senseless tragedy. I, like all Americans, am devastated.
During tragic times like this there is inevitably a mad scramble for CLARITY. How could this happen? Why would a good and loving God let this happen? Who’s to blame for this senseless violence?
The problem – Shallow Christian clichés fall short and ultimately Clarity never comes…because at best, we see ‘through a glass dimly…'
During times like this we think we need Clarity when we really need is Certainty.
• I am certain that this senseless act breaks the heart of God because…
I am certain that God understands what it means to lose a son.
• I am certain that every one of todays victims was precious to God
• I am certain that God is near to the brokenhearted
• I am certain that no life ever is devoid of meaning no matter how short.
• I am certain that Jesus meant it when he said, ‘Let the little children come to me’.
• I am certain that life is precious and that every day with your kids is a gift.
• I am certain that America needs to rediscover a reverence for life.
• I am certain that a day is coming when suffering will cease and God will reign.
• I am certain that when anyone closes their eyes here for the last time and wakes up in the arms of Jesus - they will be more alive than they have ever been.