May 25 2013

Honoring Our Servicemen & Women

Thank You!!!

We are so grateful to the men and women who have served and continue to serve our country and allow us the freedoms we enjoy in this great nation. Today we honor those that have made the ultimate sacrifice. Tell us about the person you are honoring this weekend!

Memorial Day museum fun for military families!

Before the storm strikes: Take a home inventory.

Pizza Delivery in Afghanistan breaks Guinness Record!

Oscar Mayer goes to church?! :)

Another reason to love Target: Wedding Dresses!

Categories: General
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (7) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/25/2013 4:55:29 PM
Shirley Shaddock United States
Shirley Shaddock
Thank you to service men and women for protecting  our country.  Thank you to my husband John who served 20 years in the US Army, retired for 10 years.

5/26/2013 5:19:29 AM
Penny Carson Burnet United States
Penny Carson Burnet
My brother Johnny Carson has served in three wars so far. Dessert Storm, Dessert Shield and Afgan. He is now a Cheif Master Sargeant (sp) in the US Air Force. He works with Medical Evalcuation. He was honored to bring back the POWs from Dessert Shield. He loves the Air Force and I am very proud of him and his service. I think he is a super hero! A man of God who loves his family and friends and would do anything for anyone. He is also a deacon in our church and a boy scout leader. The finest man I know!
5/27/2013 2:18:33 PM
Deb Corey United States
Deb Corey
I honor my Son Master Sargent Jeffrey Stanhope. He is leaving today for what we hope is a very short deployment. Jeff has served in the Air Force for 19 1/2 years and has accomplished a great deal. Along with serving our country he also serves as Coach for Two high school girls soccer teams in California, and started a competitive soccer league for the youth in Yuba City. My son amazes me and I thank God for him and his brothers every day. All of my sons amaze me but today we honor out military.
5/27/2013 2:29:23 PM
Benji United States
Benji
My Uncle Terry Tople was in the Vietnam war and he fought for his country he is a good man with a good heart and it messed him up mentally. He told us stories about what happened over there and was in therapy for years. He paid a big price to serve just like so many other veterans. They are all Heroes.
5/27/2013 2:55:45 PM
Aaron Scogin United States
Aaron Scogin
I wanted to Honor My Dad today His Name was Richard Lee Scogin Vietnam Vet Drafted and served 1969 He passed away September 17 2012 I am very Proud of My dad and all are vetrans past and present and wish everybody a happy memorial day Love You Dad
5/27/2013 8:46:06 PM
Stacey Barnett United States
Stacey Barnett
I know it's late but I wanted to tell you about the man I want to honor, my dad, Timothy Haas. He retired from the Air Force about 17 years ago. He served 8 months in Oman during the Desert Storm Desert Shield war. But I don't remember much of him being gone. What I do remember is him putting on his gas mask and making my brothers scream and run because he looked like an alien. I remember him tickling my feet until I laughed so hard tears streamed down my face. I remember him building an entire snowman family for me and trying to shoot the neighbors bird down from the power line with a water gun. I remember him crying as he sang Butterfly Kisses at my wedding. I remember him crossing us with oil and praying over us when we had a sick stomach or bad dreams. I am almost 33 years old and I have never once seen my dad take a single sip of alcohol or heard him say a single curse word. You see my dad is also a Baptist pastor. I have never been more proud to have someone in my family. And I only hope that I have made him proud of me.
5/30/2013 9:18:35 PM
Women and Pregnancy United States
Women and Pregnancy
I am very Proud of My dad and all my past and present ..he struggled a lot for us and wish everybody get dad like this ..love you dad..