If you've been to the dentist for a checkup lately, you probably left with a little baggie of goodies. Toothpaste, mouthwash. And maybe some....uh..dental floss. Confession time. I don't use dental floss like I should. In fact, I often wait till the day before a dental appointment and then I floss to show the good doctor that I have been flossing! I'd rather use a Water Pic actually, but hat's another story.
So, what to do with all those little contains of dental floss in the back of your bathroom cabinet.
1. FIX EYEGLASSES. Thread a piece of dental floss thru the hole the score on your glasses goes thru. It's temporary. And it looks a whole lot better than duct tape.
2. SEW A BUTTON. If you have buttons floating around in a drawer, use dental floss to string all the same color buttons together. At least you'll feel more organized.
3. CUT THE CHEESECAKE. Dental floss will cut a cheesecake better than most knives.
4. CLEAN FURNITURE. If you have furniture with hard to get at crevices, take about 12 inches of floss and wind the ends around your fingers. Clean out the furniture's wedged in dirt.
5. TIE IT UP. When shoelace tears and you have no string around, use floss to keep your shoe tied until you replace the lace.
DISCLAIMER: Good dental health is important. That said, apologies to those dentists and others who use dental floss faithfully. You are a great example to others, like me!