Oct 26 2011

The Lingo We Live By

You know how your family has terms that you only understand, or maybe you have sayings that you use to inspire yourself and others.  I realize that I do that on the show.  I use terms like "mamarazzi", "mompetitor", and "mully".  I say acronyms like FIDO!   So, in an effort to not drive the K-LOVE receptionists crazy with questions about all my terms, I thought's I'd post a "glossary" if you will of sayings that I use, and give you an opportunity to submit yours!

Feel free to add the lingo you live by!  It just might make it on the air!

Definitions

Mully

Mom-Bully;  one that appears to be perfect; exaggerates the capability of her precious children, thereby making you feel bad about yourself

Momarazzi

Mom-Paparazzi; ones with the big cameras and telephoto lenses at soccer games that are on the field as if they were a ref

Mompeditors

Mom-Competitors; constantly one upping you on what their child is doing that’s far superior to yours

Momicoptor

Mom-Helicopter; ones that always hovers over EVERY move their child makes

from Derek on Facebook

Momiteer

Mom-Volunteer; ones who volunteers to help with everything

from Tina on Facebook

Mompreneur

Mom-Entrepreneur; ones striving to have our own businesses in addition to playing all the roles of "mom"

from Linne on Facebook

Hope

not a "wishy washy" thing.  It means a confident expectation of good things from God.

MaMa Bear

Mom-Crusader; someone who doesn’t just think someone should do something about that, she is that someone

OMO

On My Own.  Those times you find yourself alone can be tough.  Personally, my OMO time is when my kids are visiting their Dad.  I call it OMO to make it positive, plus you get to carry a small purse!

Acronyms

F.I.D.O.

Forget It and Drive On; When things are not going right, then just FIDO

F.E.A.R.

False Evidence Appearing Real. The Lord says, Do not fear for I am with you always.

Sayings

"Love the life you live."

This is not the life I dreamed of but I might as well love it and just make the best of it.

"Embrace the crazy."

When life is crazy, then just embrace it.

"Choose the full life."

Live your life to it's fullest potential, John 10:10.

"Just when the caterpillar thought life was over, she became a butterfly."

"Life isn't about waiting until the rain subsides, it's about learning to dance in it." (submitted by Rhiannon Smith)

"Don't let the details ruin the good, because there's a lot of good." - My Mom

"The best thing you can do for the ones you love, is to believe in them."

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (11) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

10/26/2011 8:51:09 AM
Jennie Valdez United States
Jennie Valdez
Your Speed- a comment the ladies made in our family when we we would see an outfit that looked like something they would wearSmile Yup that's your speed! Lol
10/26/2011 8:59:56 AM
Rachel Karimi United States
Rachel Karimi
I wanted to comment on your issue with moms that are bully's. I have three young kids and we are a little on the different side but that is how God made us. At different times in my life I have been in the same situation as you are now and I wanted to incourage you a little. If I was you I would continue to pour the love of Christ out on this woman, do what Jesus would do, and allow God to convict her heart. Then you can feel good that you have reacted the way God would want you to. I am not saying that it will be easy but God will give you the strangth. God Bless and hang in there. Rachel (Utah)
10/26/2011 9:35:39 AM
Anomonous United States
Anomonous
I want to comment on your issue about mom's being bully's, unfortunately for a lot of kids its more than what you put, for example i know a mother who, constantly is critizing her child, the mother is jealous, and never even wanted her. All she ever wanted was a boy, instead God gave her three daughters, and she abuses her first, and pretends in front of people in public that she is a great mom. So, for some kids, mom's bulling them goes far beyond what you put down.
10/26/2011 10:59:14 AM
Liana United States
Liana
Some of my 'words' are Whatzappenin’: What’s Happenin’, Chilax: Chill Relax. I have more but I can’t think of them now. Smile
10/26/2011 11:26:51 AM
Jenny United States
Jenny
I need you to ask your ministers to pray very hard for me.  My niece's baby died and I will be going to the funeral.  I was divorced from my high school sweetheart after 33 years and he married one of my frieds after mixing antidepresents and alcohol.  He walked out and never looked back.  I haven't seen him in years.  I don't want to not go but I don't know if I can handle it.  Please Please pray that God gives me the strength to be able to go.  This woman has what I worked for all my life.  She took my best friend.  I know the drugs and booze did it but she helped and encourged him.  I am so afraid. I didn't drink or smoke and she did.  She was on the same meds and ended her marriage too.  I need help from the Almighty.  Please pray for me!
10/26/2011 12:42:33 PM
Jenn United States
Jenn
Not impressed with this topic today. I don't see how this is positive and uplifting. It feels defensive and accusatory.
10/26/2011 12:56:29 PM
Dawn Hawkins United States
Dawn Hawkins
I think you hit the nose on the head with several of these. I know when I was growing up my mother would say some of, what I thought back then were the strangest thing that I had heard, until I started saying them to my own children. Woperjawed, katywompus, and several others, mind you not sure if the spelling is even correct on those. Smile I do believe that we all have our own language within our family that when others are subject too may just giggle or have their own "lingo"!
Thanks so much for sharing. I know I say myself in several of yours!! xoxo
10/27/2011 8:14:09 AM
Winner Torborg United States
Winner Torborg
Momitor-- the mom who always wants to know what her kids are doing, where they're going, with whom, and everything else. the mom monitor.
10/28/2011 5:06:17 AM
Coral United States
Coral
I am thoroughly enjoying your definitions especially "mully", I have watched this go on for years...my kids are grown now and I could never think of a way of putting this so accurately as you have. Here's a challenge....can you come up with a name for women who scam on and flirt with other women's husbands? Yes, in church, and yes, in ministry...I am a pastor's wife and missionary (and a pastor myself)Sometimes I have thought that church is the replacement for the bar scene for some women...so irritating. The best I have come up with is "she's got the man thing goin' on" I love to laugh and am a fun loving, cut loose kind of person, but this tends to cramp my style...love you and your show. What is your saying life is not a series of events to live through but...I forgot the rest....love it!
10/29/2011 8:49:44 AM
sojourner United States
sojourner
   Thanks for you comments about the playground equipment having bacteria and the like on it. Maybe that mom should not take her kids to those places any more. Hum, I wonder what the playground equipment at the local parks are like... I wonder if she Lysol's her children's play equipment in her own home?
   Amanda, if this was a Christian woman, I believe she went about thing the wrong way. She was looking for instant gratification instead of trying to work things out civilly with that manager. It seemed that she was leaning more to causing that pain and loss of business. If, there was or is a standard in cleanliness for playground equipment, I would hope that that manager knew and adhered to them for the sake of his business.
  You know Amanda, I didn't hear you say that she tried to talk with the business owner. It sounded
like she went straight for the juggular vein. As a Christian in an important position as your, it seems a little cavalier to root for a thing such as this, for your voice carries with it so much weight of authority.
   I do hope this woman make amends with the business owner; then too, I hope she applies the same standard to her own home. Oh, as far as the trashy elements, I do hope that business was made aware of this so that he would have a chance to remedy the situation.
   Whether you speak about this comment on air is up to you, but please don't use my name or e-mail extension on air as this comment on meant only for you Amanda, and not the masses. I do like to K-Love constanly and happen to be near a computer this morning. Just before I send this, I hearing the song "Let the Whole World Hear" and a phrase said 'so we can let the captives free'. It made me think how some people are so captive and captivated in their own little world - us for and no more.
   Good Morning, Amanda.
11/1/2011 10:34:16 PM
Renee United States
Renee
Amanda thanks for your prayer with me today.  I asked for you to play Addison Road Hope Now. You prayed for an appointment that I was going to for an apartment, I was approved now I'm waiting fot God to say it's ok.  Thanks again for your kind word's and your prayer.  God's blessings to you and your children   Love in Christ Renee