Nov 28 2011

Go All In

You probably know what it feels like to be teased, made fun of.  If you have a pulse, you’ve been ridiculed.

Certain things you can brush off, maybe it’s being teased about your forgetfulness, or your cooking skills, I’m realistic.

But certain things are off limits.  Like for me, it’s my clothes, don’t make a comment about my outfit.  For others, maybe it’s what you believe.  There’s a guy that’s pretty well known for how he displays his faith and he’s being teased for it, and he doesn’t care.

Talking about the young quarterback for the Denver Broncos, Tim Tebow.  He prays on the field, he gives God credit for everything in his life in news conferences.  The guy won’t stop talking about God in public and showing his faith on the field.  Some people say it’s too much.  I say, why aren’t we all like that.

If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, that you can live forever with him in paradise, and that while you’re here living in this tough world he will hold on to your right hand and lead you through it, I think you would feel like taking every chance you have talking about how God has gotten you through things life, has loved you anyway.

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling challenged.  If you’re going to take up this mission of believing in Jesus, Go all in.   Take every chance you have to talk about God, to let others see you praying and reading your bible.  Don’t worry about if people think your weird, maybe next time they have a crisis in their life, they’ll turn to you, and you can turn them to God.

Our world is too broken for us to hide.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

11/28/2011 8:36:26 AM
Sabrina United States
Sabrina
I'm going ALL IN.  I've not followed sports since my divorce this past January; but last night I sat down with my 15 year old son and we watched the Broncos game and CHEERED for this young man!  God is blessing Him because Tim continually gives Him praise! It is time we stand up for Jesus because even in the midst of our hurts and disappointments, HE IS PRESENT!
11/28/2011 9:07:15 AM
Richard L. Jessip Sr. United States
Richard L. Jessip Sr.
Knowing we love all, but not loved by all. This young man out in front, leading the way for others on a different playing field. God Bless Him. I watched another football team pray before they played last season and won most all their games. This year, they lost most all of their games. I asked many if they pray before they play? what?, the power of prayer and the peace of heart and mind I have and see others enjoying after wards. Thank you. God Bless.
11/28/2011 9:53:50 AM
Rich Bergstedt United States
Rich Bergstedt
If you watch ESPN Tebow is not being teased but he is being hated on by some on their shows.

One critical comment - grammar police not checking your post - Don’t worry about if people think your weird  - should read - you're weird

A couple of other words left out in a couple of places, tease - tease. But really shouldn't you have a proof reader look at what you are going to post.

11/28/2011 10:16:18 AM
Tamarra A. Calixte United States
Tamarra A. Calixte
Hi Amanda, I am curious to know is it about the word black that is concerning. "Black Friday"  seems just fine. Black is a beautiful color calling it black is just like calling pink or blue. It bothered be to hear you and others having the need to change it from Black Friday to something else. Just so I understand what would that something else do that the "Black" is not doing?

I wish to also say that KLove sustains my faith and thank you for the work that you especially Amy in the morning.
11/28/2011 10:18:54 AM
Tamarra A. Calixte United States
Tamarra A. Calixte
Hi Amanda, I am curious to know what it is about the word black that is concerning to you. "Black Friday"  seems just fine. Black is a beautiful color, calling it black is just like calling pink or blue. It bothered me to hear you and others having the need to change it from Black Friday to something else. Just so I understand what would that something else do that the "Black" is not doing?

11/28/2011 11:28:35 AM
Marybahmgoodfriend United States
Marybahmgoodfriend
About Amandas comment:Go all in:God Love and Abuntantly Bless you,Amanda,for,always going out of your way,to LIVE the precious Gift that your faith is.....All of you,Listners,Listen,and follow in Amanda s footsteps,then pay attention to how very blest YOUR LIFE WILL STAY.My prayers won't ever leave you,and,I'm grateful,to have yours,in return.
11/28/2011 12:06:35 PM
John United States
John
The term "Black Friday" is based in accounting.
Way back when before computers got involved, accouting ledgers were maintained by hand...red column markings meant a loss was taken & black column markings meant a profit was made.
So when "black friday" rolls around it means that the businesses are (should be?) making a profit and nothing more.
11/29/2011 5:45:26 AM
Sidney Clark United States
Sidney Clark
Why does the media always have to emphasize the negative and always critize any glimmer of positive that someone in the public eye may display?

It is ok for continuous excessive celebrations to take place and for players to play "dirty", however, someone do something positive and all of a sudden it should be banned from the game.

The sad part is the individual greed that each sport breeds is what our children are seeing and imitating their own life experiences.  No one individual can accomplish great feats on their own.

Nothing is impossible with God on your side.  It even says that when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, there I will be also.  A TEAM is made up of more than 1 indivdual.  I always want to be God's TEAM!!!!
11/29/2011 11:01:45 AM
Dawn United States
Dawn
Hello Amanda,

I really enjoy you being one of the KLOVE family! You are a wonderful person and mother! I enjoy how you're such a godly woman, and all the things you share. There have been many times when I would cry from the things you shared. Anyways, I think it is awesome that Tim Tebow is is bold and proud to share about Jesus. He does it in a very kind and humble way, and that way will really impact people in a positive way. Every Christian needs to be like that. I have been more and continually try to be like that more. We are the light of this world because of Jesus in us. We need to be the leaders. Thank you, Amanda, for all you do too because you make a difference. Love you! God Bless you!
12/5/2011 9:00:25 AM
Wayne United States
Wayne
We all have gifts given to us through God for a specific purpose.  To give God the glory & praise and to draw others to Him.  Tim is a blessing to use those gifts he has been given to share the gospel.  I am a Charger fan but I cannot help to get excited when I see him use the opportunity and lift the name of Jesus for all to hear.
12/5/2011 1:15:18 PM
Richard L Jessip Sr. United States
Richard L Jessip Sr.
Knowing not all have the same gift, knowing when Tim stands up, his witness for Jesus Christ is shinning bright from within. People see, hear credits given to Jesus Christ as Lord, and ask questions. These questions about who Jesus Christ is? well, we all need to be ready to answer these questions when asked. If a person ask a question now, does anyone know when a person' time is up on this earth. Tim shinning sparked questions which has and will continue to lead unbeliever's to Jesus Christ as a Believer in Christ, thus a new family member adopted into God's family.
12/5/2011 1:38:42 PM
Richard L Jessip Sr. United States
Richard L Jessip Sr.
When we stand out and up for Jesus Christ with our Love shinning outward from our heart-soul, the spiritual home of the human physical flesh body, sharing our faith in Jesus Christ, and we are rejected. Remember who was rejected 1st. Don't take it personal. Pray for them. Move on to the next one God has picked out for you to witness to.
12/6/2011 8:54:13 PM
Josh Trim United States
Josh Trim
Tim Tebow is becoming one of my favorite players and people in general to watch on TV. He is inspirational and encouraging in so many ways, on and off the field. I love his positive attitude, no matter what situation he is in. Him giving all the credit to God on every opportune time is a joy to see in professional sports. His influence to our young generation will hopefully be seen and well known. I know it has made a difference to many already at this point.
Keep up the great work!