Dec 22 2011

"In The Stable With Mary"

Maybe you feel this too this time of year…a little inadequate.  It’s the time of year that you have such high expectations for plans, gifts, dinners…expectations you can’t possibly meet.

You also get this feeling when you become a parent, and you realize another human beings life depends on you...image what Mary would have thought.  She’s got the task of raising Jesus.   There’s this poem by Beth Moore called “In the Stable with Mary”…that sheds light on that moment we all have about not feeling up to our tasks in life, but realizing we don’t have to do it alone.

The poem is taken from Beth Moore’s “Jesus the One and Only”.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/22/2011 11:23:36 AM
J.E.S Canada
J.E.S
Hi Amanda,
I was just thinking it'd be nice if you told people that they could comment on this page as well, not just your facebook page because some people (like me) do not have facebook.
I love listening to you here in Canada and thank you for all you do!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
12/22/2011 11:57:12 AM
Heidi United States
Heidi
What an incredible experience for Mary. I suffered sever post partum anxiety right after my daughter was born 15 mo's ago, it lasted 10 months, until I got on med's that relieved it. Hearing Mary's experience giving birth to Jesus, I can live through her, how a mother sees her newborn, connects, and loves, I love my baby girl more than anything, she's the love of my life,but my experience was very different. I feel like I missed out on the 1st 10  months of her life though I was there every day. I envey Mary.

xoxo, Heidi
12/22/2011 12:09:54 PM
Erin United States
Erin
Hi Amanda,
I was hoping that you could pray for my family. My husband has told me today that he will "more than likely leave me" I have three daughters from a previous marriage and the thought of facing Christmas in this condition is almost unbearable. I dont even know if my husband will be home with us or stay away on Christmas. Please pray for me, my children and my husband.

Thank you so much.
12/22/2011 1:06:38 PM
Michele United States
Michele
is there a printed version of this sound clip, or just the whole book? my mom wants to read it at christms.
12/22/2011 1:23:22 PM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I would like to know if there is a printed version too!
12/22/2011 6:37:15 PM
Joyce Leotta United States
Joyce Leotta
What a beautiful poem. I too would like a written copy to share with my family & friends. Merry Christmas!
12/22/2011 9:46:28 PM
Judy United States
Judy
How tender!  A moment with a mother and her child...but this child was different!  Our Savior, Christ the Lord!

Amanda, thank you for sharing and God bless you and your family as we celebrate the birth...of our King!

We are all going through different hardships...but, He is there for us.  So, settle into the warmth of His arms and take comfort!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas;  may this one be extra special!

12/22/2011 10:00:26 PM
Gary Canan United States
Gary Canan
As a dealer trade driver for a dozen OKC car dealerships, I am on the road a lot.  I usually listen to my Sirius Radio, but today I left the car radio on K-Love for my hour and a half drive to Ada.
The poem about Mary was so touching, I called ahead and stopped at a fellow youth minister's office to search for it on his computer.  When I called your 800 number, I was told you'd post a link on your FB page later.  500 miles later, I'm home and just shared the podcast of your reading with my wife. Thank you for sharing. I plan to use it Sunday morning in my teen class.
12/23/2011 9:27:39 AM
sherry hoggard United States
sherry hoggard
when I got on your facebook last night I was thinking "she's way too busy to answer this". I checked first thing this morning and there was your answer. I just sent it to my four girls who are stressed with raising children, holidays,etc. I told them it was a present from you and me just for them. thanks and Merry Christmas