Jan 31 2012

Parenting Bucket List

You hear it all the time, “they grow up so fast”, it’s a cliché.

Playing around on Pinterest last night, I saw where this woman had created a board of “stuff I should do with my kid before she’s old”.

It’s like a Bucket List of Parenting. Loved it. Things like take her to the Grand Canyon, build a Dollhouse, find the book that makes her love reading, be there when her heart gets broken, see them stand up for what is right.

Love this idea of not guessing through the process of parenting, but take is seriously, professionally.

It really has me thinking about making the most of the time I have. Funny though it’s not the big outrageous trip to Europe that’s on my list, but taking them to see my favorite spot overlooking Jenny Lake in Jackson Hole, ha ving a water balloon fight, making mud pies, most of all be there when they decide to follow Jesus.

Let’s create a Parenting Bucket List together. Maybe it’s stuff you want to do with your kids, or stuff you wish your parents would have done with you.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (9) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

1/31/2012 9:08:08 AM
Diana United States
Diana
I am listening at work today on what would be my oldest son's 29th birthday. He went to Heaven 2 years ago. A bucket list for parenting should be # 1 goal to make sure your children are ready for Heaven. To know Jesus as their personal Saviour because you just never know when it may be their last chance or yours as a parent. Then to always give them your time when they ask. Many times my children would want to just sit and read or cuddle, and many times I did that. But there were also times I said honey mommy doesnt have time right now, later. Well o ne day "later" never came. So make the most of EVERY single opportunity you get
1/31/2012 9:19:40 AM
Liz Prince United States
Liz Prince
I LOVE this!  my good friend just called me and told me this darling idea and I am totally going to copy this.  We do a "summer list" every year and my kids LOVE it.  I have looked on Pinterest for an example of the "life list" you are talking about and cannot find anything.  Is there a link that you can post to your blog?!

Thanks so much!
1/31/2012 9:30:35 AM
Tamra Partin United States
Tamra Partin
My bucket list would be to hug, kiss, and tell your kids you love them everyday even when its hard because your mad!  (When they are teens)  My 14 year old daughter went to heaven on Dec. 21, 2011 and I sure am glad I did!
1/31/2012 9:35:02 AM
Amanda United States
Amanda
Yes!  Here's the Pinterest board link:  pinterest.com/.../
1/31/2012 10:08:58 AM
Rachel Skwortz United States
Rachel Skwortz
Hi Amanda! I was looking at the link you sent to Tamra. Where are you? I can't find you! ?? Smile Tanks
~Rachel
1/31/2012 10:10:46 AM
Laura United States
Laura
I love this!  My daughter is 12 and there is some great ideas for my husband and I to do with her or separately.  One thing my daughter and husband can do is play basketball together Smile Thank you for the great idea Smile
1/31/2012 10:16:40 AM
cristina aragon United States
cristina aragon
I think being there when they decide to give their life to Christ is my number one on my bucket list!! Its an amazing feeling to see your child make that commitment!!
1/31/2012 10:19:07 AM
Gordon United States
Gordon
I wish my parents had read the Bible to me and my siblings, nightly!

I thankfully read the bible to my youngest nightly instead of fairy tales!

Smile
1/31/2012 10:34:48 AM
Laura Miller United States
Laura Miller
Thank you for this I just wish that I could do this with my children, grandchildren, great-grand children, but the problem is I live in Tennessee and they live in Indianapolis, In. Although I do do some of it in bits and pieces few and far between. At this moment I am crying as I send this note to you wishing I were there,but God has had other plans for me. I do want to be in His will more than anything, still I wish He could use me there where I could read Bible stories to my g-grandsons and g-g-daughters. It will be a wonderful act of God if any of them accept Jesus as their savior without a Damascus Road experience. Please pray for me that God would remove this painful desire or make come to be. It's all in His hands.
thank you in advance for your prayers
Laura listening on line