Apr 02 2012

Be the Solution

Wonder if you did this too over the weekend.  Imagining what you would do with all that Mega Millions money.

The $640 million jackpot will be split by at least 3 winners.

Even with the split, they won’t ever have to worry about paying their mortgage again.

You might have issues with playing the lottery, I get that.  But, it is interesting to think with that kind of money the difference you could make.  You could pick a cause, and solve it.

You could bring a village, a country clean water.

You could vaccinate a whole country of children from curable diseases.

I was thinking what cause I would pick.  I think I would buy houses for single moms.  To be their provider.

Then I had a gut check.  What are you waiting for?  If I can pick a cause that I believe in now, and think oh I’d help that if I hat $640 million.

Why not just help the cause now, with what I have.  You may not be able to be the whole solution, but you could be part of it.

What cause would you pick?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (12) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/2/2012 8:53:49 AM
Lorenzo Terrazas United States
Lorenzo Terrazas
I will give it all to Klove ministries. Glory all to God!!!!
4/2/2012 8:59:09 AM
Pepper United States
Pepper
Trash Island Frown I want to fix this!
4/2/2012 9:15:18 AM
Vicki Pellegrini Cooper United States
Vicki Pellegrini Cooper
I am a mom to a son with autism and in light of World Autism Day, I would give my lottery money to Talk About Curing Autism.  We need to know how to prevent Autism asap as it is increasingly causing serious brain damage to our nation's children.
4/2/2012 9:16:53 AM
Rodrigo Carrillo United States
Rodrigo Carrillo
I would fully fund the URBAN LIFE SKILLS PROGRAM/New Life Community Church in Chicago that I volunteer for. It helps high risk, gang involved, abused and even homeless youth in the Little Village neighborhood of Chicago. There is a great need of space for after school activities and most importantly to provide for the mentors and advocates that build relationships with the youth in Chicago. Our youth are killing them selves on these streets over corners and colors. But I have seen personally, with the love of Christ, that with compassion, care, trust, honesty and true love, that we can make a difference in this city. I might not have a good job but I do have the time and love to share with the children of God. And make a difference one youth at a time. www.urbanlifeskills.org
4/2/2012 9:25:37 AM
Cristy United States
Cristy
I would devote mine to Child And Elderly Abuse!  Its amazing how many children return back home after being severely abused.  Its time to educate and fight our systems to protect those who cannot speak for themselves!
4/2/2012 10:38:51 AM
Janet United States
Janet
I would buy more clean water filters for Bangladesh and more lunches for AIDS orphans, and contribute to providing more food and clean water projects for others, medical needs and shelter as well. Try this website. Go to 'Gifts That Give More' and choose where you want to help. www.theanimalrescuesite.com/.../hunger-and-poverty
4/2/2012 10:45:31 AM
Janet United States
Janet
Couldn't find how to adjust my post... I can't forget my family as well, they come first, would take care of the needs my sons have - then help those who've helped me and then give to the needs of others.
4/2/2012 11:12:16 AM
ANTOINETTE L KEEL United States
ANTOINETTE L KEEL
I would get the best Doc's for my husband as he has Cancer an in Jesus name we are looking for healing.. I would also get the best Doc's for my youngest Granddaughter as she has nero issuse an I want the best for my family, I would help my children out by getting them new houses as well as pay off their bill, I would help out women that are an or have been abused (near an dear to my heart) as well as Cancer, C.F I would also pay off an fund what ever is left owing on our church land... May you all have an amazing day God Bless one an all
4/2/2012 11:16:21 AM
Marvin DelCid United States
Marvin DelCid
How manny things we wish to do with the kind of money, because we don't have it.
What we really shoul to do is this.
2 Corinthians 8:11 NLT

Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. GIVE IN PROPORTION TO WHAT YOU HAVE.
God bless you Amanda.
4/2/2012 1:06:53 PM
Anne United States
Anne
I would start a program to decrease teenage pregnancy.
4/4/2012 9:17:55 AM
Annette Wilson United States
Annette Wilson
First I would pay my tithe and give an offering.  I've  wanted to open up several transitional homes with onsite educational resources, training for jobs, business developement,  counseling and help for the homeless, clothing and support the need to get on their feet and stay there.
4/4/2012 10:33:42 AM
Jean-Luc A. Schieferstein United States
Jean-Luc A. Schieferstein
Honestly, I would probably spend a lot of time, if not my lifetime, trying to figure out what to do with that much money. I would not want to be unwise in my decisions or hasty to give it away.