Dec 28 2009

One Last Look

I saw this on ESPN over the weekend and it really touched my heart ... I thought it might touch yours, as well ...
Tags: ,
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (23) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/28/2009 6:20:07 AM
Barbara United States
Barbara
There are no words to describe the awesome inspiration this kid is.
We all need to relize every moment is a gift from God and we can never go back so live like this child and appreciate in a new way what we have.
GOD BLESS YOU JAKE! THANK YOU!!!!!!!
12/28/2009 8:07:14 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
It always seems that when I get to the point where I think I've hit rock bottom financially-emotionally-physically, the LORD sends me a story like this to show me just how blessed I really am.  Thank you K-Love for being there for me, reminding me that HOPE lives!  You guys are such a direct blessing from the LORD!
12/28/2009 8:09:38 AM
Joan United States
Joan
Thank you, KLOVE for sharing this amazing story of such a courageous young man.  As I heard the story on KLOVE.com this morning, and as I watched the video, my two young sons, who are 10 and 8 years old, are outside playing football with their friends.  Seeing and hearing a story like this makes me so thankful to the Lord for them, and their health.  I will certainly keep Jake and his family in my prayers.
12/28/2009 8:11:38 AM
Mary United States
Mary
Wow - my daughter had retinoblastoma as well as a baby.  She is now almost 16 years old and one of the toughest soccer players around.  Don't ever underestimate these kids - it seems that they can teach all of us someting.  Way to go Jake!
12/28/2009 8:15:10 AM
wanda United States
wanda
This kid gives me such love and understanding that no matter what life throws at you we still go on. Love you Jake

From The Capitonoff Family
12/28/2009 9:13:02 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
The Lord has a plan for that little guy! I wish him the best.
12/28/2009 9:35:15 AM
Tony Park United States
Tony Park
This proves what is said in Phillipians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strenghthens me.
This reminds me of how small my problems are.
12/28/2009 9:43:49 AM
Michelle Ziter United States
Michelle Ziter
Everyone can learn from Jake's amazing attitude.  I am humbled and moved.
12/28/2009 11:19:45 AM
valerie United States
valerie
I have four children and we all gathered around our computer to witness the video of Jake together. My older boys are huge football fans and could completely relate to Jake. What an inspiration he is to our children and to my husband and myself. We have another courageous human being to add to our prayer list daily, as a result of this video. Thank you for sharing. May God grant Jake healing and a long life of "heart" vision. He has already taught us a lifelong lesson as a family. God's blessing Jake on your new journey. We remind our children often of how God is going to use them for great things in this earthly life and He has already shown us what He is doing with your life. A young boy with such an humble and accepting spirit. Thank you!
12/28/2009 11:28:42 AM
Grace Norton United States
Grace Norton
This is truly inspirational. I was in tears. We should all be able to be as strong as a young little boy, but we aren't. May God grant us the faith, the strength, and hope that we need each day to face our challenges.
12/28/2009 4:42:03 PM
Diana Tingle United States
Diana Tingle
What a beautiful young man Jake is, and SO brave!!
What we see with our eyes, he will see with his heart. God bless Jake, his mom, dad and sister too!
12/29/2009 6:01:29 AM
DJ Russell United States
DJ Russell
I love listening to you guys, God is using you guys so much and what he has planned for you guys is awesome. No whether you read this or not. I just want let yall know your music impacts alot of people here in Utah and its great. Doing a great thing for Gods Army bringing spiritual truth to everyone everywhere in the World. Keep it up God Bless you all.
Sincerely
PRAYER WARRIOR 89
12/30/2009 3:58:02 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
I was listening to K-love thinking how close I felt that I was from hitting the bottom with finances.  I had been reminding myself that "With God all things are possable".  I heard Jakes storey and God reminded me just how much I have going for me in life.  Jake you have blessed so many people with your out look on life that God has something great in store for you.  God bless you Jake and family.

Sincerely
Gods Child
12/30/2009 11:55:46 AM
Ruth Pinchi Peru
Ruth Pinchi
God bless him!!!
12/31/2009 7:40:34 AM
Caroline Smith United States
Caroline Smith
KLOVE thank you so much for showing this video. It is so moving and it brought me to tears. I am 17 years old and it amazes me how much i take for granted. This video is a fantastic reminder for me to kick myself in the butt and start being more grateful and not only being grateful, but giving people less fortunate than I the opportunity to be more grateful. you guys are truly an amazing blessing to the people of radio and i just praise God so much for KLOVE
1/4/2010 5:47:13 AM
Shari United States
Shari
Wow.  How could that not touch my heart?  Jake is an inspiration to every person on the planet who is or has undergone trails and come out victorious.  As I am facing cancer, and an upcoming surgery, in less than two weeks, I know that it's young people like Jake, and the Lord, who really know just how to persevere through trails. Thanks for sharing.
1/4/2010 6:46:14 AM
Shannon Kosub United States
Shannon Kosub
Jake~ YOUR AMAZING! Your lack of eyesight will change the vision of SO MANY in more ways than you ever expected! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story! GOD BLESS!
1/4/2010 7:23:03 AM
Shannon Kosub United States
Shannon Kosub
Jake your an AMAZING young man!!! Your lack of eyesight will give others a new vision in their own life. Your story is a beautiful one, and will be an inspiration to others! Thank you for sharing and touching my heart! GOD BLESS!
1/4/2010 9:36:24 AM
Kimberly B. United States
Kimberly B.
My husband & I were watching the bowl game and saw Jake on the sidelines w/his Dad. The reporters talked to him and he described the game thanks to his Dad's details and the sounds. Now, days later I get the whole story. Jake has courage through God...we all could learn a thing or two from this kid. Blessings to Jake, his parents, sister, family, & friends. He has no idea how many hearts he's touched! The Trojans will forever be changed; thanks to the coach & team for opening their hearts.
1/4/2010 5:37:52 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
What an awesome testimony of how we should be thankful for what we do have!  Jake is an amazing young man!
1/5/2010 12:28:04 PM
Marsha Rottman United States
Marsha Rottman
God Bless you Jake!! You are quite some kid.  Your belief in God just shines through as you tell your story.  You are truly amazing and strong.  God bless your parents and your sister too.  I cried when I watched the video, but watching it made me think how lucky I am to have my health and sight.  You are an inspiration to many people with your positive thinking and belief in God.  Again, God Bless you Jake and your family.  You are truly amazing!!!!!!
1/8/2010 3:02:59 AM
Pam United States
Pam
What an amazing kid!
1/8/2010 10:56:35 AM
Dyana United States
Dyana
You know I've been reading everyone's comment on this story about Jake but have been having a hard time viewing it, I finally was able to view it and this story touched my heart because Jake was such an inspiration, and such an encouraging child to even us adults. I couldn't stop crying and still can't. With God All Things Are Possible and I hope that one day, according to the Lord's will that Jake will wake up one morning and be able to see the beautiful sunshine, and may he one day walk on that same football field but as a player. God Bless you Jake and may he heal you. Thank you for being such a strong encouragement to everyone.