Mar 01 2010

34 Days Until Easter

Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.  He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.

God has now revealed to us his mysterious plan regarding Christ, a plan to fulfill his own good pleasure.  And this is the plan: At the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ—everything in heaven and on earth.  Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

Ephesians 1:4-11 NLT

3/1/2010 4:41:58 AM
Serena Williams United States
Serena Williams
I am giving up facebook and twitter but it maybe longer then a month. I was challenged this past Friday and Saturday to make my life not a balance life but a prioritized life. I am going to take that time to try to so face to face time with some of the people on talking too on there anyway. The second reason is to take that wasted time and spend some o I getting to know my God better. I will probably eventually get back on just to check in but I am not going to get into playin the games on there anymore.
3/1/2010 5:10:05 AM
kimberly Stout United States
kimberly Stout
I usually try to ADD on my lenten list, but i have decided to 'quit' complaining for the next 34 days, hopefully it will be a habit that will stick!  We had an exercise with our Pastor on this nearly a year ago and I have found myself back into my old ways, it's negative and does not produce a positive or encouraging attitude in myself or others.
3/1/2010 5:32:22 AM
Williams United States
Williams
I believe that God has a PLANE for ALL of us as well! So far his plane for me has been:I go to church EVERY Sat.Unless my Family is sick. See it was a Fri. and we never make anyone work on that day(SABBATH)22 years of smoking and GOD said "NO MORE"I picked up my Bible and just stated reading...That was 9 months ago. So YES God Does Have A Plan. And We Who Believe In God And That Plan Of His Can Feel It Just As Well. I KNOW I DO!!!!!!!!
3/1/2010 7:10:13 AM
Cathy United States
Cathy
I just wanted to share why I am glad that it is March,2010. My youngest of nine, Ezekiel(21) graduates from Navy basic training at Great Lakes,IL on this Friday March 5th. My husband, Bill and daughter, Smyrna and her 6mo. old,Tylor are going up to celebrate with him. Love your show!!! I listen on the way to and from work and on-line at home.
Peace and blessings in the name of Jesus,
Cathy
3/1/2010 7:23:16 AM
Jessica Franco United States
Jessica Franco
Yes i certainly am because easter is not a day of which i look forward because of the candy like when i was little. Know that i am older so to be 17 in may. Now I know that god died for me in the cross & for that i am thankful, because i don't think no one else would have done that for me. And well i just love to thank god everyday about what he did for me & for his great love toward each one of use.
3/1/2010 7:33:01 AM
Sara United States
Sara
For lent i'm giving up all electronic game systems like my ipod my d.s The Wii computer games you name it. i'm 12 and I homeschool So if I can do it can't you guys at Klove do it too?
3/1/2010 7:37:40 AM
Helen Jarvis United States
Helen Jarvis
Lisa,
I just heard you talking about giving up something until Easter.  You read Amy's comment about taking something up instead of giving up and then Eric said something about giving up to take up.  Isn't that what you are doing!?!  You are giving up afternoon TV to spend time reading and in prayer which I thing is a very good idea because I've been convicted of the same thing many times.  Although I'm not a TV fan I spend lots of time reading a book (not always "Christian") but do I spend that much time in the word!?!  You go girl...I'll be praying for you.
3/1/2010 7:37:42 AM
Amber United States
Amber
Ideas of things to fast from before Easter... Adorning myself with jewlery and make-up, complaining and being negative, sleeping in late on Saturdays (and instead read my Bible). I'm gonna pray about it and see which, of these is best to do, or maybe all of them! God bless!
3/1/2010 7:54:50 AM
Princess Fame United States
Princess Fame
I thank you. It is always good to be reminded of the goodness of the Lord, especially when I am at work.
3/1/2010 8:49:58 AM
Jessica Jones United States
Jessica Jones
I gave up desert sweets and chocolate for Lent.  It is somethng that keeps me from the importance of what God gives me and wants for me.  It is very difficult because I have found that I fall to it instead of Him.  By giving this up, I will turn to God for my problems....which is what we are supposed to do anyway.  Happy March!
3/1/2010 9:03:12 AM
Rachael United States
Rachael
I was listening to your show Friday about giving something up starting today to get ready for Easter. I am giving up Facebook. I am on there 10 times or more a day and think about it all the time. I know God is moving me to a higher place with Him.  I am so excited about how God is truly changing my life. I am also so thankful to KLove. I listen to you everyday.
3/1/2010 9:49:19 AM
ann <3 United States
ann <3
i decided i am giving up my anger. I have been angry for a long time at me, my family and sometimes even God. I had alot of anger because of my parents divorce, my not haing a good relationship with my mom, and my dads upcoming anger. I relized all this frustaration and anger wasn't a healthy way to live. So I am giving it up to God. I relized i should not be angry at him because he has done wonderful things in my life Smile
3/1/2010 9:49:59 AM
ann <3 United States
ann <3
oops... meant upcoming deployment Smile
3/1/2010 9:57:28 AM
Krissy United States
Krissy
For this season of Lent, I have given up eating out.  It may not seem like much of a sacrifice, but for a single, working mom it truely is!  Besides, I am totally addicted to Chick-fil-A.
3/1/2010 11:10:13 AM
NEDDIE ARIANO United States
NEDDIE ARIANO
I SAY KUDOS TO YOU ALL FOR MAKING THE SACRAFICE FOR OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST! MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU THE STRENGTH TO COMPLETE THIS SACRAFICE AND OTHERS.
GOD BLESS!!
3/1/2010 11:26:57 AM
Salem United States
Salem
I thank God everyday for what I am about to tell you.
   Good friday and Eastern have big impact in my life. My family and I always go to Church on Good Friday but one Good friday I told my mother that I was going a beauti shop to go get my hair done. she asked me to stay and help her with the house work or go to church with my father and my brother but I was 14 and didn't want to listen and I went anyways.
   That day the shop was really busy and the owner asked me if this new lady could do my hair, I said ok but that was mistake I should have waited for my turn because that lady burned my hair and all over my face.
   I am 28 now and just have a little scare on my forhead. It would have been much worse if it wasn't for God. So this Good friday the day that Jesus gave his life for me and make me free from the Devil I am going to give up so much more than before and I will give him my all life so that he will use me.

3/1/2010 11:53:52 AM
Ronda Messer United States
Ronda Messer
God told me to I gave up the games on facebook for lent.  It has been a really good experience.  I have had more time for reading my Bible.  I feel like am able to just fellowship more with Him.
3/1/2010 12:48:03 PM
Diane Danielson United States
Diane Danielson
We are doing both, giving up and adding to! One of the gals in our bible study felt like the Lord was leading her to open her home on Saturday mornings until Easter from 7am to 9am for prayer.  We met last week for the first time and it was better than sleeping in! So...we are giving up sleeping in on Saturday mornings and ADDING in prayer with each other! Smile I came with pain and left with joy in the midst of that pain!
Thank you Lord for extreme love!! Diane
3/1/2010 1:43:14 PM
Nadine United States
Nadine
Lisa and Eric,
Thank you for talking about this.  I always think of lent as giving up chocolate, something I would fail at.  This year, I am giving up television.  Most of the time I use it as background noise, but sometimes it distracts me from doing things around the house like praying, reading the bible and cleaning.  Today this has been very hard because I am off work, but I have read, cleaned and prayed more.
3/1/2010 3:35:20 PM
Mindi Mintken United States
Mindi Mintken
Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you. <a href= www.bestmoviestrailer.com/star-trek-2009/>star trek reviews</a>
3/1/2010 3:45:32 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
I heard you all talking about giving up things for and getting ready for Easter.  I have decided that I am also going to give up sugar.  I am a diabetic, so that is a good idea anyway.  Now, I need to find something to replace it with.  They now say it takes 90 days to form a habit and that you must replace it with something else.  I also am going to add something.  I am going to try to be more like God in all I do.  I have been so wishy washy in my faith.  I feel like David.  I love God dearly, I even am part of a ministry to help people deal with their issues and become free of bondages... but then when I have a tough time at home with finances or with my husband, I fall apart.  Help me, Lord!
3/1/2010 9:48:12 PM
jodona United States
jodona
I have been fasting from facebook since Valentine's day thru Easter.  After my second week of this, I am finally seeing some results towards my purpose.  To put God above all things in my life, and to focus on my relationship with Him. I want to spend that time reading God's word.
3/2/2010 4:05:08 AM
Ann United States
Ann
Thank God for your station!  I am an American doing a short work project in Breda, Netherlands.  Through iTunes, I am even able to catch your show here in Breda.  It keeps me uplifted and ministered to!!  God has a plan for me, but hopefully I'll be home soon.  Thanks and God bless all of you!
3/2/2010 5:40:19 AM
Beth United States
Beth
I usually try to add something for lent as well.  This year I'm trying to spend time extra time in prayer and exploring the bible.  Made easier by the fact that my 8 year old is now choosing to read his bible at night before bed.  I think he spends more time exploring Gods word than I do these days.  That definately means I need to increase my time.
3/2/2010 6:11:04 AM
Staciemae Brown Czech Republic
Staciemae Brown
Hi Lisa and Eric =)
I am living in the Cz Republic as a missionary and I have been here close to 4months. For Lent I gave up SUGAR like every year, but i gave up internet as well and replaced that time with worship and studing the word and expressing my love to GOd. I am only on once a day to check my email due to finacial connections i have to be in touch for. Then I chose Saturdays as my one day to be online to connect with family and friends back home, and to blog my intire 40 day fast. I felt God wanted to disconnect me in a way so he can connect me to this new life in him and to focus more on situations here in the city I live and with the people.I usually spend alot of time connecting with and lifting up the very people I had to leave back home and was losing the vision or feeling not so focused on my call to the CZ. I know my purpose here in some ways but as I fast and lay it all down with my savior, I know that I am being prepared and stretched and changed for my journey here.I am in the word everyday,worship and prayer. I have discoverd some hiddend talents and giftings as I have fasted these past couple weeks. I have really just opened up to Jesus on a new level. I know that on resurrection day I will rise once again with him and begin to walk in a new life and have so much light to shine for his people here. This fast has been one of my most intense, reveiling and most difficult fasts, yet I have rejoiced in every moment. God Is SO GOOD!!

And I am very grateful that i get to hear you all still. I felt lost thinking i could not be connected to K-love. I have you on everyday and I have music to worship to and brothers and sisters to encourage me. Even if you know you are or not. So thank you K-LOVE. Blessings to you and yours,
3/2/2010 7:38:30 AM
Tracey Skinner United States
Tracey Skinner
Picked up Crazy Love before Christmas when the pastor of Northside Christian in New Albany, IN challenged the congregation to read it.  Read a couple of chapters & became distracted (wonder if I could give up getting distracted for lent?).  Think it is time to pick it up off the shelf & finish it.  Thank you Lisa
3/2/2010 3:12:32 PM
Joe Perry United States
Joe Perry
I have been fasting since Ash Wednesday from 6am to 6:30pm everyday and will continue until Easter.  Along with this is giving up alcohol and soda.  Its been tough so far, but very much worth it.
3/3/2010 11:25:20 AM
chips zynga United States
chips zynga
wow a couple of of the opinions bloggers post are a bit spacey, alot of times i wonder if they actually read the information and threads before posting or if perhaps they just simply skim the subject of the post and submit the very first thought that pops into their heads. anyhow, it is really pleasant to read smart commentary from time to time as opposed to the exact same, classic oppinion vomit that i continually notice on the net
3/3/2010 2:35:10 PM
johnny renewable Australia
johnny renewable
Good morning, I often read your blog.I love it, you talk about anything from sport, news, entertainment, adult topics or just general topics. Keep up the good work. Have you ever thought about blogging for money? there is a website http://www.article-pie.com/alternative-energy/ that pays you to write articles, you would be good at it.
3/3/2010 7:13:14 PM
johnny alternative Australia
johnny alternative
Good afternoon, I don't agree with everything in this write-up, but you do make some very good points. I'm very interested in this matter and I myself do alot of research as well. Either way it was a well thoughtout and nice read so I figured I would leave you a comment.