Mar 10 2010

Special Needs Amusement Park

How cool is this - the world's first amusement park of it's kind - 25 acres of fun for children and adults with special needs ... Morgan's Wonderland in San Antonio, Texas!  The park not only includes rides, but a water play area, a sensory village - even wheelchair swings.

3/10/2010 7:08:23 AM
Keri Kennedy United States
Keri Kennedy
Thank you for telling me about the Special needs Amusement park.  I myself have a Special Needs child, and have a network of friends with similar conditions to my daughter.
When I heard this news story this morning it brought tears of joy to my eyes.
Thank you K-Love for sharing this with me.  I look forward to checking into this and sharing it with my friends.
3/10/2010 7:25:36 AM
William A Jerome United States
William A Jerome
I was taking my 12 year old son, Patrick, to school this morning and as soon as we heard you do the story about the special needs amusement park, he looked at me and exclaimed "ROAD TRIP".  See, Patrick has an older sister, Jessica (15), she has Angelman Syndrome.  With her physical and mental challenges we very much appreciate the idea of a special needs amusement park.  We also appreciate the environment that being around other special needs families creates.  We have been blessed with having a church home that has its own special needs ministry, the Four Friends Ministry at Longview Heights Baptist Church. (Sorry, I had to get that plug in there)  The beauty of this story is that when Patrick looked at me and said "ROAD TRIP", I saw nothing but pure love and excitement in his face and smile.  He is such an awesome big brother to his sister.  That was indeed one of those priceless moments.  Thank you for letting us know about the park.
3/10/2010 7:26:35 AM
Kathy Henke United States
Kathy Henke
Thank you so much for posting this information.  I was listening to you this morning while taking my kids to school.  We have a daughter with Moebius Syndrome, a condition affecting her cranial nerves, and she has limited mobility.  This will be such a blessing to her and our family.  We are already planning a trip to San Antonio to visit the park.  I have already sent this link to several friends and added them on my Facebook page!
3/10/2010 5:51:08 PM
Victoria United States
Victoria
I think it's awesome that people are really supporting this park.  My family lives near San Antonio and my mom has already registered to volunteer there.  She's been to the park a couple of times for orientation/training, and she always talks about how wonderful this place is.  I think she's had just as much fun playing there as the kids will! Smile  We always drive by it when we go to church on Sunday mornings, so we've watched this place being built from the very beginning.  It is going to be a very special place.
3/15/2010 12:01:26 PM
Suzi United States
Suzi
It would be even better if you took the apostrophe out of "it's" in the phrase "first amusement park of it's kind".  It should be "its" with no apostrophe.  Thanks Smile
1/29/2011 5:07:17 PM
training a labrador retriever puppy United States
training a labrador retriever puppy
hi thank you for the info... i will check back soon. oh yeah and i've never seen so many replys on one web site.