Apr 07 2010

Revive a dream today

A 99 year old man just graduated from college.  If you thought it was too late for you to do something, think again.  Click here to read the story...

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/7/2010 6:28:42 AM
Danielle Smithen United States
Danielle Smithen
My prayers go out to the girl that called in and was writing a paper until 1:00 in the morning.  I am 32 years old, and I just graduated from college in December.  It took me 5 years, even with credits from before, to finish.  Being a wife and a mother at the same time, I had SO MANY nights when I was just done, and emotional and wanted to quit.  And for 5 years, I had to say NO to alot of events because I had homework to do.  But she needs to stay strong because there is no better feeling that when you walk across that stage and receive your degree.  For some people, it is just a piece of paper.  For me, it was a true accomplishment, and one that was not easy, so it means so much more.
4/7/2010 6:43:35 AM
Lacey United States
Lacey
I was so encouraged by the story that was shared about the 99 year old college grad. I am pursuing a degree in elementary education and I have been so discouraged but finding comfort in the Lord as I know he will provide and make a way for me. Many days I wonder if I am doing the right thing or if I should pursue something else, then something happens that reminds me that I am right where I need to be.. like hearing that story this morning on my way to class. THANK YOU for sharing!! Fellow college students.. stay strong and take heart.. the Lord has a plan, seeking him for strenght and guidance, he will make your paths straight.
4/7/2010 6:59:33 AM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I have 2 stories for Lisa and Eric, I do not know how to do Facebook. Please get these to them.

2 year old daughter who is now 24 and married, always called Bob Evans Restaurant,"Bob Heavens" and we STILL do to this day.

On way home from a mini vacation, 2 year old son told his sister he was "concentrating"....she did not say anything, so he told me....I asked what are you "concentrating" on....he got frustrated and said NO mom, I can't poo...he meant he was constipated.....LOL
4/7/2010 7:12:30 AM
Sarah United States
Sarah
I'm 37 and have been thinking about going back to school to change careers to something I used to dream about but never pursued.  I was driving to work this morning thinking about this and feeling regret that I didn't pursue my dream in the first place, when I turned on K-Love just as a song was ending.  Lisa started talking about reviving dreams and my ears perked up.  I got tears in my eyes hearing that it's never too late.  Then later I heard the caller say that she's going back to school at 35 and just turned on the radio at that moment too.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to know that I'm not the only one going through this!  Thank you so much K-Love, you have truly blessed my life!  Smile Sarah
4/7/2010 8:34:08 AM
Betsy United States
Betsy
I am loving the comments about what sticks when your child renames something.  To this day we call the Disney Movie Snow White, Nose Wipe because our now 15 year old daughter, when she was 2 called it Nose Wipe and got mad if we said you mean Snow White sweety?  She would say, that's what I said mommy, NOSE WIPE! VERY CUTE AND FUNNY!  Love ya'll very much!
4/7/2010 8:53:44 AM
Leandra United States
Leandra
that is so cool!
4/7/2010 2:43:40 PM
Nancy United States
Nancy
We bought my husband a papasan chair to sit in for Christmas one year. We have a godchild named Lucas who was about 3 at the time...he called my husband Papa.
One weekend when Lucas was visiting...we misplaced him for a little bit. I found him laying in the papasan. I called out to my daughter that I found Lucas in the papasan and Lucas corrected me saying that he was in the Lukiesan. So to this day we call papasans Lukiesans.
PS...Lucas is 18 now and a freshman in college!
Nancy
4/8/2010 2:20:09 AM
Bonnie United States
Bonnie
Thank you Klove for this encouragement to revive a dream, and only GOD is restoring what the enemy has taken away from me, happiness and to be free and be me.  It's not easy, but I know GOD is in control. Every single day, i submit the day to the LORD, it is his day, and I am in peace, and when I hear your music, it helps me big time. Thanks Klove
4/8/2010 7:35:55 AM
Beverly Ross United States
Beverly Ross
I was fighting cancer, my Mother was fighting cancer.  I lost my Mother a year ago. The storms were raging in my life.  God is that calm in the storms of life. Today I am cancer free.  My safe place is in the word of God and listening to KLOVE. God is so good. Thank you God for what you have done in my life. Thank you KLOVE.  Love to all.
4/15/2010 7:20:40 AM
Rapidshare Search United States
Rapidshare Search
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
4/27/2010 8:29:57 PM
BenKleiner Iceland
BenKleiner
Fascinating weblog, not such as the other people!
5/1/2010 2:02:29 PM
Vonta Leach New Zealand
Vonta Leach
It sounds like you're creating problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at why their is a problem in the first place.
10/8/2010 11:38:49 AM
casa vacanza Siviglia United States
casa vacanza Siviglia
Visita il Siviglia e godetevi le vostre vacanze come un andaluso: in un appartamento nel cuore della città di tapas e storia con tutti i comfort.
<a href="www.friendlyrentals.com/.../...gio-114.htm>casa vacanza Siviglia</a>