Jul 16 2010

Newsboys - Born Again!

It's a new day for the Newsboys.  With new lead singer (Michael Tait) the band has a new passion to share God's love with the aptly-titled new album "Born Again".  Hear our conversation with Michael, Duncan, Jeff and Jody this morning on K-LOVE.

And if you are an uber-fan of the Newsboys, you can check out the entire (raw & unedited) video recording of our interview with the Newsboys below ...

7/16/2010 4:58:50 AM
David United States
David
That is awesome. I had just really got into the Newsboys after Stay Strong came out, was itching to see a show, never could make it - then Peter retired and I was disapointed.

Then I heard "Born Again" - I had to grab my wife and get her ti listen. Going, wait, this is the Newsboys, but it isn't, but it is. That sounds really good.
7/16/2010 8:37:15 AM
joseph cabrera jr United States
joseph cabrera jr
peter fuller will always be the real newaboys to me
7/16/2010 8:47:27 AM
joseph cabrera jr United States
joseph cabrera jr
i stated to listen to newsboys when in  the hands of god came out i too was excited to see them in concert someday but than peter fuller retired  no one in my opion  no can match his voice he was the newsboys and will always be in my mind but god bless the new newsboys amen.
7/16/2010 12:44:44 PM
Christen Leggett United States
Christen Leggett
AWESOME INTERVIEW!!!! You should have "the boys" on more often! Thanks for puting  the interview on your website. So excited for the "new" newsboys!!!!! LOVE Born Again! Thanks Lisa & Eric for having them & thanks Newsboys Coming!!!!!!!!
7/17/2010 2:37:55 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
Oh my gosh, I love the Newsboys! I got up too late this morning to listen to the interviewFrown but i'm watching the video right nowLaughingLaughingLaughing:dLaughingLaughing THANK GOD FOR MICHAEL TAITLaughing (And Jeff, and Duncan, and JodyLaughing!)
7/17/2010 2:56:24 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
man, i saw the newsboys@winter jam and ichthus... you should've seen michael tait's shoes- they were a bright greenLaughing i luv green THE NEWSBOYS NEED TO BE AT WINTER JAM AGAIN NEXT YEAR!!!!!LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing
7/18/2010 6:28:13 PM
Joy United States
Joy
I've never really thought of myself as a Christian Rock fan--more gospel ballads, etc. But hearing a song like "Born Again" makes me so excited about this music! This is a song that is just inspired by the Holy Spirit, and I wasn't aware of the Newsboys until I heard this song, and I am so glad I've gotten introduced to Michael Tate--he just has such wonderful energy, and that smile is one you know that God created specially. I'm excited for these guys and to witness how God uses them to bring more people to Him. God bless them all!
7/20/2010 7:50:52 PM
Jeanette United States
Jeanette
The only christian music I had heard was church music until I was asked to volunteer at christian concerts in my home town of Pittsburg, KS, those concerts included Newsboys and DC Talk and I have been hooked since. They returned again and I was thrilled, the guys in both groups were so nice to us volunteers. I have seen Tait in Joplin and the Newsboys several times-they are great. The Newsboys in Tulsa at Winterjam was so awesome with Michael repelling-I loved it all, by the way I really like When the Boys Light Up also
7/21/2010 7:23:28 AM
RJ United States
RJ
I LOVE NEWSBOYS! Their new song "Born Again" is fabulous! Thanks KLOVE for being such a great station! You are such a blessing to me and my family! Thanks, my Aunt, and Cousin got saved by listing to KLOVE!

In Christ,
RJ
7/21/2010 7:55:51 AM
Nate United States
Nate
I wish this band would change their name ... they are so far removed from the "Newsboys" actually are it isn't funny.  This band is more like Tait than Newsboys
7/23/2010 2:05:15 PM
Joseph Kelly United States
Joseph Kelly
I have mixed emotions.  I have been a Newsboys fan since 1989.  I saw them at AGAPE in Greenville, IL.  I have almost all of their music and many videos.  I remember John James, Peter Furler and the others throughout time.  John left and Peter took the reins.  The group is a pioneer and foundation in Contemporary Christian music and my favorite group of all time.

I got to see them in 2007 at AGAPE again, with my teenage daughter. What a thrill.  She has always been a fan and fell in love.

I also have been a DC Talk fan and Micheal Tait/Toby Mac after their departure.  I saw them in Marion, IL when they first started in the early 1990s.  They are also another part of the foundation.

I wish the "boys" success.  The "new" music is definitely different from the classic sound, but understandable due to the change in lead singer.  God Bless you in your future endeavors.

Good job Lisa/Eric.  K-LOVE is my station away from home (Illinois) where I work in Western, KY.