Jul 30 2010

Bowen's Heart

Many of you continue to ask about "baby Bowen" - the little boy Matt & Sarah Hammit (Matt is the lead singer of Sanctus Real) are expecting in about 6 weeks. Bowen has been diagnosed with a serious heart defect known as Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.  Bowen will need to have several heart surgeries the first couple years of his life, including one within the first five days.  Continue to pray for Matt, Sarah and their entire family.  In the midst of all the uncertainty and this difficult time, the Hammitt's are seeing God at work every day and are thankful for all of your support and prayers.

You can reach out to the family and follow their journey, by checking out a special blog Matt & Sarah have set up (here)

To hear our interview with Matt, including his update on Bowen, Sanctus Real "onesies" and his recent experience in Chic Fil A, check out the links below the picture.

This is Matt with Eric and Eric's son at Ignite Chicago last weekend

Matt hears a Sanctus Real song in Chic Fil A

Update on baby Bowen

Sanctus Real doing 2 different shows in 2 cities on 1 night!; Sanctus Real "onesies"

Kelsie, the young lady, who waited on him at Chic Fil A

7/30/2010 6:49:47 AM
Cathy Collinson United States
Cathy Collinson
I just heard Matt on KLOVE talking about baby Bowen and that doctors now consider him to be a "best case" scenario. All I can say is PRAISE GOD! Of couse, that by no way means he's out of the woods, but we will continue to pray for all of you. Pray not only for little Bowen, but that his mommy and daddy and big sisters will continue to lean on Him, give all their worryies and fears to Him, and that you all have the strenghth and faith to face whatever is coming. God bless you all, Cathy Collinson (Fort Smith, AR)
7/30/2010 7:05:07 AM
Zephan Wade United States
Zephan Wade
My name is Zephan, which means protected by the Lord, and there is not a more perfect name for me. I'm 16 now, but I was born with HRHS (hypoplastic right heart) in Wichita, Kansas. My parents knew there would be a time when I would need to have surgery. That time came when I was two years old. My parents took me to Mott's Children's Hospital in Anarbor, Michigan. Where Dr. Bove performed the Fontan Procedure. Since then I have led a pretty normal life, I have been able to run, play, jump, and climb trees with the best of them. Nowadays I'm very involved in my church and my high school debate team, with a full life expectancy ahead of me.
7/30/2010 1:54:30 PM
Rita United States
Rita
Our prayers fo up for Baby Bowen and his parents. We know God can work miracles. I work with a man who had twin boys born with this type of heart. We great to say God chose to take one of the twins home by his 1s B'day, his other son just celbebrated his 3rd B'day! The doctors gave these parents no hope,just a few days for the boys to live,  but these parents trust is in God, and He has worked many miracles in the life of this child, as we know He has HIs hand on the life of you Baby Bowen. because Baby Bowen ,God has a purpose for you to fulfill for HIm. Praise God for answering prayers and always being faithful.
7/30/2010 8:39:14 PM
Bonnie Belle United States
Bonnie Belle
Eric, I listened to your conversation with Matt this morning.  Not to take away from Baby Bowen but I was so thrilled to hear wonderful Christian men talking about their families and their love for the Lord. I have not been around men who share their feelings and emotions; their trials and misgivings.  Thank you for showing me what real men, Christian men can be like.  I thank God for opening my eyes.  I know God's will is done and Matt and Sharah will receive God's grace.
7/31/2010 7:59:05 AM
Debbie T. United States
Debbie T.
I am praying for your little Bowen and praise the Lord you have strenght through him.
7/31/2010 7:47:42 PM
Claire United States
Claire
I have been praying for Bowen everyday!
8/2/2010 7:03:14 AM
devon adams
devon adams
I too have a son with Hypoplastic left ventricle syndrome...he is now 12, going into middle school and loves to play golf, baseball, basketball and fish. He is an inspitation to all that know him, a very compassionate young man. He is a miracle and only takes a baby aspirin a day. When he was diagnosed the internet was not available, I felt so alone and soooo scared.... God works wonders and tell them to enjoy this baby, he will bring them closer to the Lord!He is a gift from God, given to them because they are special parents!!!
8/5/2010 5:10:55 PM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
PLEASE LET US KNOW WHEN BABY BOWEN IS BORN!!!!! I've been praying for himSmile
2/24/2011 5:11:12 AM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Father, I come boldly before you in Jesus Name, and declare you are the God that heals. You are the God that restores and makes whole. I set myself in agreement with you Lord, for you are truth. I now speak fortrh your healing power over this baby Bowen, and know it is your will that none should perish. I ask you to pour out your strenght, your dunamais power,that trhe same power that sustained you on the cross as you took baby Bowen's infirmities and bore his sickness. I thank you Lord, that rthe enemy of sickness and diseases have been defeated on Calvary. I declare I have every right to ask for healing in Jesus Name. I believe that if I ask anyrhing according to your will God, it shall be given. I know Healing is your will Father, and so I thank you that you are the God that heals. I appropriate your covenant promises of health and wholeness for baby Bowen now in Jesus Name
2/24/2011 5:55:09 AM
Vicki Williams United States
Vicki Williams
Remember that there is power, glory, majesty, healing, and victory IN The Name Of JESUS! On Nov. 18, 2005, one of my grandson's Matthew Spicer died in the water at a swim competition and then drown. He had cardiac arrest. He was dead for 10 minutes before an EMT came in with a AED (Automatic Electronic Defibillator). CPR was administered with no effect. During that time every person was quiet, which is usuallly chaos. I started saying IN THE NAME OF JESUS I take authority over this situation and Satan be gone.God gave JESUS a name above all names. People surrounded us praying . I could hear every faith represented. My daughter was saying God Spare My Child. I said God you are our MASTER, not Satan. 5 days later, Matthew woke up, no brain damage, lungs healed from the pool chemicals. People all over the country was praying due to a prayer chain started by our church in Kentucky, and my Aunt's church in Michigan. E-mails started coming in from everywhere. So many were praying. God answered those prayers. He had a mutated gene that caused a condition called CPVT. He has spoken at churches and places in Florida, Calfornia etc. He is a walking miracle, even though he has an INternal defibillator in his chest. He is on a mission to have AED's at all schools and sporting events. He wrote a bill with help from a lawyer friend for the Legislature. I know that God answer prayer. The devil would not want us to know the truth. God is your Master. The word says Ye Shall know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Satan is a defeated foe. He is a liar. I pray, and will pray as often as I can. In the name of JESUS Bowen is healed. That name above all names was for a purpose. God said we have the right to use that name. In the name of JESUS Satan be gone! sickness be gone! You stand free! For I know the truth,and you know the truth, and the truth has set you free. Demons, evil spirits, sickness, etc. and Satan himself are subject to the NAME OF JESUS. God raised Jesus from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand,far above all principalities, and poweres, and might, and dominions. God gave Him that name, JESUS, and that name belongs to you, your wife, and Bowen. I proclaim deliverance and victory IN THE NAME OF JESUS! God bless all of you. Bowen I will hear you on K-Love in a few years testifying to the wonderful name of JESUS, and what he brought you through. I will be listening and watching the website for great news. God is in control. God is the MASTER! My families prayers are with Bowen.
2/24/2011 7:21:31 AM
Yvonne United States
Yvonne
Heavenly Father, I ask that you wrap your loving arms around baby Bowen. I ask that you give the doctors the steady hand and knowledge to know how to operate on this baby and help his heart to heal.We know You already know the outcome and we thank and praise you for your love, kindness and forgiveness. Please comfort baby Bowen's family in this time, please give them peace. Heavenly Father, I thank you and praise you for all our daily blessings which are many. In your holy name I pray. Amen.
2/24/2011 7:50:43 AM
Lydia Valenzuela United States
Lydia Valenzuela
Almost 3 years ago when my nephew was just months old, he had  to be taken to the Children’s Hospital in Dallas, we are from El Paso, because of a heart condition needing emergency surgery to save his life.  It was a desperate feeling of fear because we did not have the facility to help him.  It was even more heart breaking to see his tiny body loaded onto a plane with only nurses and no family.  However, our God is grand, great and amazing.  He made everything possible to get my sister in law to the hospital before our little Ryan arrived so that she could meet him in the hospital lobby and walk up with him to waiting doctors. The nurses and pilot on that plane took on the role of instant family and will always be remembered and regarded as such.  He is now a happy healthy 2 year old (almost 3) running around full of life thanks to our God who I know was with those doctors and nurses the day he traveled to have his surgery.  I pray that God will comfort baby Bowen and your family.  I know our God will heal his heart and give him many blessed days where he will be able to read these stories and prayers and know he is loved by many of Gods children.

May the peace of God be with you today and always, and may He continue to be the source of your strength. Amen
2/24/2011 8:51:29 AM
Erica Thomas United States
Erica Thomas
Matt and family,

I have felt called today as soon as I heard this story about your baby Bowen to be part of this prayer chain for him and you and your wife.  Through your music, Matt, especially "Lead Me" in my life right now has brought me through some rough times with my husband, he has left but the song still helped me to realize what a man of God would do for a woman of God.
Being a Christian, I with all my heart and soul pray the Lord uses his unrattled power and heals Bowen as we know only HE can.
Lord, please send your healing powers to Bowen. Please send the doctors taking care of him everything they will need on this earth to help heal him. With YOU ALL things are possible!!!
I cannot wait until Matt and his wife and Bowen can come on to Klove and speak of his miraculous recovery and healing due to our Lord's awesome power!
Love from my family to yours! I'll keep all of you in my prayers!
2/24/2011 1:00:19 PM
Suzie Williams United States
Suzie Williams
My family will pray for your little boy's heart and that God will touch him and heal him completely! Your song Lead me has really touched my life and others I'm sure.May God bless your family richly and give you xtra comfort and strength and peace!
2/27/2011 7:53:30 AM
ken and heather snover United States
ken and heather snover
We pray for peace, comfort and faith as the Lord continues to work through Bowen. May his surgery be a success and may others come closer to our Savior through the love and courage that all of you share.

God bless you all!
2/27/2011 9:14:21 AM
Peggy United States
Peggy
Heavenly Father we just lift up this precious baby boy to you. Lord we know with you all things are possible through you,you have brought him so far and your Love shines him to be a light for others to follow, and you said and A Little Child Shall Lead Them.Father, Please just wrap your arms around this family give them strength, and peace knowing no matter what lies ahead, It will be All Right.Father it in is your Precious Name we Pray and Give You All The Glory. Amen!