Aug 06 2010

Regret Free Living - Steve Arterburn

If past mistakes are holding you back ... if you need freedom from unhealthy patterns, founder of Women of Faith and New Life Ministries, Steve Arterburn joins us this morning to talk about regret free living. To learn more about Steve's new book "Regret Free Living" and his New Life Conferences, go here.

8/6/2010 5:01:10 AM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I totally agree with what Steve just said. I applied that principle to my life. In 1994 I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus, in Feb of 1995 I was sent home from the hospital to die. God got my attention... ALL OF IT! I asked and He delivered... I did whatever I could to improve my life nutritionally with vitamin and nutrition therapy... all brought to me through people God used. In six months I had turned the diseas around to where it was managable, and it had never been done before. My doctor is on staff at Harvard Medical, he is an excellent doctor! BUT, I did what I had to do while waiting on God to take care of whatever I could not... Seven years later I was totally healed!

I always tell people to do what you can to make your life better, change whatever you have to. Don't just sit and wait for God to "fix it", you may be waiting for a very long time...
8/6/2010 5:02:26 AM
Robin T United States
Robin T
Reframing the undesirable, painful events in my past, as discussed in Steve's book by a similar name, has opened a new life for me.  Thank you for being open, honest, and compassionate in your writing, Steve!  God is shining brightly through your ministry.  I finally believe that God loves me just for being me; I know that He sees me through Christ Jesus' righteousness, not mine.

What a relief!  And what a blessing!!  ;->
8/6/2010 5:03:55 AM
Cindy United States
Cindy
There is so much more to this story... but we have to take care of changing ourselves to allow God to work within us. Those rare instances where God just flips a switch and you are changed, happens to everyone when you receive Him as Savior. It takes commitment from each of us to continue that change, by taking the steps we need to take to change!
8/6/2010 6:02:58 AM
Fara United States
Fara
Steve's advice to Stacy resonated with me in a powerful way today. I cried in my car as I parked at work. Three years ago, I went through a very painful divorce. His words reminded me that even though I prayed very hard for our marriage to be healed, I couldn't make my ex husband choose to do the hard work needed for the healing to come. My heart breaks that he didn't choose to fight for our marriage. I have had to seek forgiveness for my own part of the divorce also. The healing for me has come just not how I had anticipated 4 years ago.
8/6/2010 7:35:27 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
My husband and I have some issues that we need help with and I want so badly to talk to a counselor and he flat out told me he refuses to go talk to someone, he thinks we can work it out without help. I don't know what to do!?
8/6/2010 7:42:06 AM
Kellie United States
Kellie
My best friend is REALLY struggling in her marriage.  I know that I have only heard her side of the story, but .....
They have been married less then a year.  They only dated 6 months before he asked her to marry him.  When she told me that she was getting married to him and that they were getting married at the church where he was a member, I prayed that they would be blessed by the pre-maritial counseling.  That they would learn that marriage is a lot of work, conflict resolution and how marriage takes 3!
Well their pre-maritial counseling was VERY short and she was able to tell me about it in a 30 min conversation!
Whenever something goes wrong, her husband brings up how she has been with more people then he has.  He resorts to name calling and is very derogitory (sp?)to her.  She has enrolled in marriage counseling, but he refuses to go.  I have been praying earnestly for them, is there anything else that I can do for them or advice that I can give them?
8/6/2010 7:42:35 AM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
Thank you Steve for being on the radio today with Lisa and Eric..I dont normally work in the mornings here at work, but for some reason i had to come in early today and i believe God wanted me to here you talk about not feeling guilty about past sins. And praise God for his forgiveness!! We listen to KLove all day here and i love it! YOu all are truly a blessing!
Thank you so much!
8/6/2010 8:45:25 AM
eric United States
eric
For Jennifer and for anyone else who is looking for answers or help, we always suggest you reach out to a K-LOVE pastor. There is a toll-free # 800-525-LOVE (5683).  It's a starting point to get help.

God bless,