Mar 25 2011

Shawn McDonald

K-LOVE artist Shawn McDonald stopped by to share his story of how God transformed him from a life of drugs and crime to someone writing and singing songs for Christ.  Click here to listen to Shawn's story!

Click here to watch Shawn sing his hit song "Closer" from the CD Closer which came out March 22.

3/25/2011 8:17:56 AM
Dora Moua United States
Dora Moua
Wow.. what a beautiful story... the Lord is so awesome...All Glory to God..continue living for Him...
3/25/2011 8:53:51 AM
Kathryn United States
Kathryn
I pray for our youth group, Synergy at EFC in Newport RI. Shawns story touched me and I am going to share his interview with the youth directors for them to share with the group. God is great!  He touched Shawns life. He will touch our teens as they struggle! His grace is all powerful!
Thanks for sharing Shawn and thanks for posting!
3/25/2011 9:15:59 AM
Melissa United States
Melissa
Tears came to my eyes hearing Shawn McDonald's story! And the song he sang was great!!
3/25/2011 7:05:45 PM
Emma United States
Emma
You dont know how much I learn from you two.I am 55 years old.I look forward every morning getting in my car and going to work with K-LOVE,stories like this open up my eyes,and my heart.God is there with KLOVE.Ifeel he blesses me with K-LOVE.GOD BLESS  AND THANKS FOR BEING THERE FOR SO MANY PEOPLE.
3/26/2011 6:24:32 AM
Amanda United States
Amanda
Thanks for replaying your interview with Shawn yesterday. Shawn's youth was so much like those kids that me and my staff work with daily, so it is an inspiration to see how God has worked in his life and helped him to turn it around. I also noted that his friend/neighbor, took the time to invest in Shawn, which is something the rest of us need to remember when we are ministering to others...that it takes time and change doesn't always happen in our time, but always in God's!
3/26/2011 1:48:09 PM
Debby United States
Debby
Shawn's story is so touching and wonderful. God is so good!! I shared the link with my son through email and pray he will listen. He has struggled so many years trying to find peace and joy. I continue to plant seeds for him. Thank you, Shawn, for sharing your story.
3/27/2011 8:22:25 AM
Christina United States
Christina
wonderful, extraordinary, awesome, amazing, just a few words that came to mind of how great gods power really is .....
thanks for sharing you story shawn,
keep living in gods love!
3/27/2011 9:23:31 AM
Alexandrea Sward United States
Alexandrea Sward
Hi Lisa,

Amen is an agreement with God. Amen is truth. God is truth. Amen is God.

Amen can be used three ways:

To agree that what God has said is perfect, the absolute truth, and faithful

To agree with what is being read or preached as Gods truth to which we are dedicated.

To agree that our prayers and petitions in accordance to God's will are pleasing to God and will be heard by him.

Sorry for the long response. I hope it is helpful.

Have a awesome God filled day.  Amen.

Alex Sward

References: Mountain Retreat. org, Wikipedia, and My church teachings.

The root meanings of Amen are:

Firm, confirmed, reliable, Faith, to have faith, believe.

3/28/2011 6:30:47 AM
Julie United States
Julie
I am so excited this morning! My home is in Florida but my job takes me back and forth between Chicago and Florida. When I am in Chicago you are always on in my car.
I do not have a local KLove station so I had not been able to listen to you while I was home. I have 'finally' figured out how to listen to you on my computer at home this morning (I am technically challenged..lol) You are such a blessing!  Thank you!

Julie
3/29/2011 8:08:11 AM
Sheryl Culpepper United States
Sheryl Culpepper
His story gave me goose bumps. Unbelievable story of deliverance.