Jun 08 2011

Wow, God - Nathaniel's Hope "Make 'm Smile"

Children with special needs and their families are so inspiring!  My friends Tim and Marie have created a way for you and I to reach out with the love of Christ to families with "VIP" kids.  They have some incredible ideas and resources.  To find out more about Nathaniel's Hope, click on the picture below.  This week would have been Nathaniel's 14th birthday.  He relocated to heaven 9 years ago.  Please pray for the Kucks today, and for their ministry to flourish...  blessings, Lisa

Nathaniel Timothy Kuck, “A Treasured Gift of God,” was born on June 6, 1997 prematurely with multiple birth anomalies including Duodenal Artesia and Craniosynestosis. He was said to have an undiagnosed syndrome. Surgeries, therapies, sickness, and hospital visits all became a normal part of his life.

After proving himself to be “a miracle boy,” beating the odds time and again by overcoming many physical obstacles and challenges on November 13, 2001 at an early age of 4½ years old, Nathaniel relocated to 777 Heavenly Lane. His purpose has been fulfilled, and he has now returned back home to his Creator. At his new home, he is no longer physically restricted, bound by surgeries, feeding tubes or braces, and he is now free to run on the streets of gold.

Nathaniel taught us that to each life there is value and purpose. What may appear to be imperfect in the eyes of humans, really is perfect in the sight of God. He taught us about the meaning of “unconditional love,” perseverance, and he was a great showcase of God’s faithfulness. His captivating smile and the simple joy he brought to all who entered his world were God’s special gift and that is greatly missed.

His memory will always be cherished and his little handprints and lessons he taught us will be imprinted on our hearts forever. We miss “little man’s” smile and his presence in our home, but the memory of his life propels us to fulfill God’s purposes after his death.

Through his death, we hope to bring encouragement and life to others.

Marie and Tim Kuck (Nathaniel's mom and dad)

9/30/2009 5:33:25 PM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
Wow this broght tears to my eyes i just has a baby that was born sept 24th she was due to come dec 23rd she came to soon weighed 1pond wow this is sad,I will keep this family in my prayers i am going through some pain with trying to keep my little girl alive shes fighting to stay alive her name is Lynnzie May please keep her in your prayers and me too thank you for what you do thank i dont want give up Hope,
9/30/2009 6:44:25 PM
Stacey United States
Stacey
I work as a volunteer at a  center for adults with mental disablities. In my 3 yrs there, I have been so blessed.  I fell in love with all the people there, they have taught me so much about how precious life is, and real love. Whenever they have a dance or another event, sometimes I just step back and its like Im getting a little glimpse of Heaven and Gods love.
9/30/2009 7:20:22 PM
Donna United States
Donna
2 of our 5 children remaining at home are autistic: Sara, 12, and Benjamin, 8.
Sara is trying her best to become verbal and Benjamin is learning to read.
11/13/2009 8:11:43 AM
April Mason United States
April Mason
I am a mother of two boys, William,15 and Patrick, 12.  I love my angels very much and wouldn't take anything for them.  They have truely been and continue to be a blessing in my life.  I work as a pediatric home nurse and see many children with special needs.  My son Patrick is autistic and the area I live in has very few chances or resources for parents like us.  My husband and I are going through a transition now due to him being laid off.  I always believed and would tell the parents of the children I take care of that god doesn't give more than he thinks you can handle, and he is there you just have to ask for his hand and guidance.  I am now having trouble believing due to the things happening in my life. But I look into my childrens eyes and they tell me " everything will be alright god will take care of usif we believe".  How do I continue to believe. With so much negativehappening.  I could use prayer. Thank you
April m
11/13/2009 8:17:41 AM
Cathy Collinson United States
Cathy Collinson
Hi Lisa, that was such a touching tribute to your best friend and her family, I just had to tell you about my best friend and her husband and their sadness. Karen and Roy Hobbs have been our best friends for just a couple of years, but the minute I met her there was an instant connection. We had so much in common, namely that both our husbands were retired military men (mine Air Force, hers Navy). She was very stressed and strained, so much so that she had to leave their home in San Diego and come back to Fort Smith, AR due to their youngest sons' drug addiction. They had spent a fortune trying to get him off, but he always went back. But on 12/2/08 the greatest sorrow a parent can face happened. Ryan purposely took an over dose of pills. I cannot begin to tell you what this did to Karen and Roy. Only someone who has been through it could know or understand. Of course our church family came together and helped them through it as much as we could, but there is so much we could do. The first anniversay of Ryan's passing is coming up and I've been trying to think of some way to help her through it (she had a mental breakdown and had to return to San Diego but the 2000 mi. apart will not stop me from being there in thought and prayer). Your story gave me an idea. I'm going to find some organization that works with either drug addicts and their families, or maybe the families of suicide victims and try to start something in Ryans honor. I know this is too long but I just felt an over powering need to write to you and tell you this story. And I have to tell you I feel like someone is using my fingers to type it. Thank you Lisa, and God bless you and all the others at KLOVE that bring God's Holy Word to all.
11/13/2009 8:37:02 AM
Barbara United States
Barbara
My grandson went to be with Jesus 8 yrs. ago. My daughter is as any mother still greaving. Shedoesn't have a computer. So I was wondering if you could send her information on Nathaniels Hope. Not sure if I should post her address here. So please let me know how to get the information to her. Thank you and God bless you for what you are doing. Barbara @ bbennytwo@ g-mail.com
6/8/2011 7:49:09 AM
Barb United States
Barb
Through our network of disability ministries, we've seen the good work that Nathaniel's Hope does and appreciate the important part of the special needs puzzle they minister to.  Our organization, SNAPPIN' MINISTRIES http://snappin.org, serves the parents of these children with special needs.  Thank you for bringing attention to this essential and HUGE part of the mission field on this WOW, God Wednesday!
6/8/2011 7:53:42 AM
Julie United States
Julie
This is so encouraging to hear as our church is about to kick off a disability celebration  weekend at Willow Creek Community Church.  We have a fishing derby for special needs families and the weekend message will be presented by Chuck and Emily Colson, sharing their story about having a child/grandchild with autism and the unexpected joy's they've experienced.  We are so excited to share this with our congregation and expand their awarness of what families with special needs family members experience.  We are praying God keeps growing our disabilities Ministry even stronger, so that we can reach more families for Christ.
6/8/2011 1:19:42 PM
Dana United States
Dana
My older sister, Casey, had prayed for a little baby sister for 8 years! She came after 8 years of prayer. Boy, were we surprised when my mom told us on Thanksgiving day. The Bonus Baby (Chloe) just turned 6 yesterdaySmileShe's got quite the personality.
6/9/2011 12:17:27 AM
Polly United States
Polly
I drive school bus here in Ohio for all special needs and one of my little boys gave me this yesterday on the last day of school..it reads...

The Choice
You could have chosen to drive bus where kids laugh and play,

Instead you chose to drive the kids who don't quite know their way.
You pick me up each morning, waiting patiently in your seat. You know some mornings it is hard for me to get up on my feet.

You drive me home at the end of my day, tired and worn out. Again you patiently wait for me to get up and about.

You may not think I noticed all the extra effort that it takes, To drive me to school and home and make sure that I am safe.

Words can't come out to tell you how much it means to me. My eyes look up to yours and it's my hero that I see.

How I wish I was able to come to you and say. How much I will miss you when I am grown up and on my way.

If only you could hear the gratitude spoken by my voice, instead just know how much I thank you for making this your choice. Love Preston

I wanted to share this with the listening audience. I listen to K-Love on my school bus each day when I have a chance. Lisa and Eric YOUR THE BEST!
6/9/2011 4:31:48 AM
Cindy United States
Cindy
I have a profoundly challenged son.  Without out the help of the loving people that God has put in his and my life I have wondered if I honestly could do it at times.  His father passed away from brain cancer when he was only 8, he is now 18.  I am so very proud of him and know that he has jesus in his heart and he is one of the best children that I ever have known.  I am his mom so I know I'm a little prejudice.  I want to thank Nathaniels mom and dad for sharing their story and to remind me how fortunate and lucky I am to have my son healthy and happy.  I needed to hear that so badly.  Thank you for sharing.
6/9/2011 12:26:46 PM
jim trowbridge United States
jim trowbridge
Eric, you've talked about Crazy Love, but I want to know what has changed? What will you DO about it. It sounds like you'll read another book. Our small group has also just finished this book. We had a game night and now a lunch, both comfortable and safe experiences. They are not shining examples of crazy love. One of the guys in our group is looking forward to doing another book. I want to scream "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT" Jim
6/10/2011 8:59:18 PM
Brandi D United States
Brandi D
I work for an organization in Indianapolis, IN called The Arc of Indiana, that advocates and helps family and individuals with disabilities advocate for themselves. We also help connect families with services and resources in the state of Indiana. If any of the Klove listeners needs help or more information for a person in their life who has a disability, please visit our website www.arcind.org or call us at 317-977-2375.