Sep 22 2009

Oz turns 70!!!!

One of my favorite movies growing up as a kid was the Wizard of Oz.  It was like one of the only movies we got to see, because we only had one TV channel in the little Minnesota town that I grew up in.  I am curious, if you could pick one Wizard of oz Character that best describes you, who would it be???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

9/17/2009 4:03:09 AM
Leandra United States
Leandra
No way!  I can't believe it!  That is one of my favorite movies!!!!!!!
9/24/2009 6:16:21 PM
Esther hamaty United States
Esther hamaty
The Wisard of Oz always scared me as a kid. If I could be one of the characters it would be one of the munchins
9/27/2009 8:20:33 PM
Katie Goehring United States
Katie Goehring
Hi there Smile  I am glad you have this "up 'n running" ... good job Scott (and Kelli).

Yes I myself am a great lover of the wonderful movie named "The Wizard of Oz."  Hmm... think, think, think ... only one?  Ok well here it goes.

I think actually I might be the most like Toto.  No worries, I am not growing fur or a tail (yet ...) But really I think I am like Toto in several ways.  If I remember correctly it was Toto who first noticed Tin Man.  It's been a long time since I've watched this classic! (An idea for this winter-y feeling evening here in South Dakota Smile  I often respond as Toto did to the Tin Man.  I bark and make noises so as to let the others around me know that something strange is happening.  I love to run around with close friends - you know how I'm sure many times ... timelimit difficulties here, got to run to class!

Hope to hear from you soon. Katie <><
9/30/2009 10:38:14 PM
Karen & Hala Green United States
Karen & Hala Green
Scott, I guess when I first heard you mention this on the air one night with my 11 yr old (and she chose Totto 'cause she likes animals). I thought I wanted to be the scarecrow (He was funny) because my life has been a lot of many types of pain and lots of forgiveness, but now since I've been sick so long.....I know as GOD has always lead me in my life to know we have to take the good and the bad to know how to arise above the bad!! So, with that being said; I wish to ALWAYS be the Tin Man who needed a heart and the Wizard granted him one, but in OUR life GOD gives us one!! Thank GOD for our hearts and him telling me to wrap mine around my neck and HOLD on tight!! I LOVE YOU GOD!! I LOVE YOU too K-LOVE. Karen & Hala
10/21/2009 9:05:10 AM
Mary United States
Mary
I would say the The Tin Man with the heart of gold.
10/24/2009 9:08:18 AM
frfred United States
frfred
the Lion-big am big hearted but not weapy like Bert Lahr!
11/5/2009 4:49:24 AM
Valerie Pratt United States
Valerie Pratt
The first time I saw the Wizard of Oz I was sick and the movie scared me. But now that I am older is is one of my favorite movies. I love Toto.
1/18/2010 8:14:14 AM
Falco United States
Falco
I love the Wizard of OZ. I used to watch it when i was little.