Jan 06 2010

Fashion Comebacks!!!

So we were talking about fashions that have made a come back... like Argile sweaters and leg warmers... Is there anything that surprises you??? or that you would like to see come back???

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (31) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/9/2009 8:41:42 AM
GINO DELEON United States
GINO DELEON
the old atari game system.. i loved that game..
12/9/2009 8:42:12 AM
James L. Hall II United States
James L. Hall II
Whet about bell bottom blue jeans
12/9/2009 8:45:18 AM
GINO DELEON United States
GINO DELEON
Penny Loffers..
12/9/2009 8:45:23 AM
Collin Jones United States
Collin Jones
I would love to see Micheal Jackson Thriller leather jackets!!! Those are awesome looking!!!!!!
12/9/2009 8:47:19 AM
Leia Skywalker United States
Leia Skywalker
I would like to see the 50's clothes come back but please lets not go back into the age of shrooms.
12/9/2009 8:49:06 AM
Nj United States
Nj

FROSTED JEANS!

THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL IN THE 80'S, THEN JUST DISAPPEARED. WHAT HAPPENED?
12/9/2009 8:54:22 AM
Nathalie United States
Nathalie
This isn't from any era we know, but bloomers and bridesmaid petticoats (the shorter ones)! I wore them with a costume, and they were just SO cute and comfortable! Sitting is tricky, but it gets easier.
12/9/2009 9:12:02 AM
Laurie Bradford United States
Laurie Bradford
Scott & Kelli,

FYI, leg-warmers started as accessories to those of us who were dancers back in the '60's. We used to have to knit our own in order to keep our legs warm in drafty ballet studios. Tights just don't cut it for warmth. Once we'd warmed up our leg muscles, we shed the leg warmers for the rest of ballet class or rehearsal.

I have to laugh at the back-to-the-sixties trend in womens hair-styles. Whereas I was a long-haired dancer, almost every girl I knew in my 1967 high school graduating class had hair cut short in the back and longer in the front, like we're seeing today. Now gals think it's high-fashion, but to me, it's back to high school.

Only one thing is missing, those cute, little "poodle bows" the gals wore above their bangs. Oh please, Girls, don't let those come back!!!!

Laurie
12/9/2009 9:18:03 AM
Christie Spencer United States
Christie Spencer
How about STIRRUP PANTS!?  I actually saw some in the store the other day...I used to wear them all the time.  I would be surprised if they came around again!
12/9/2009 9:18:34 AM
Ashlee United States
Ashlee
I'm 14, and I had a pair of shiny gold bell bottom jeans that I absolutely loved, but I unfortunatly out grew them. I still think that they are cool, along with Corduroy pants and, yes, leg-warmers. I only hope that the poodle skirts never make a comeback.
12/9/2009 9:18:54 AM
Kathi Pelton United States
Kathi Pelton
Those stirrup pants with the fat push down socks along with the white leather high top shoes!!!  We all looked like clowns because we would add huge oversized sweaters with them in bright colors...and great big hair do's.  Thank you Jesus for your deliverance!
12/9/2009 9:19:12 AM
aunt b United States
aunt b
oh how i wish pretty, feminine dresses would come back - - not frilly, fussing ones -- and certainly not the ones cut down to there & slit up the there. Also, i know black has been cited as been slimming - - but i am sooooooo sick of black.
12/9/2009 9:22:45 AM
Emma Guardarrama United States
Emma Guardarrama
I would like to see the two-tone jeans come back!!Smile)
12/9/2009 9:24:48 AM
Kim Green-Hailey United States
Kim Green-Hailey
Butterfly sleeves and maxi dresses.  My mom was famous for dressing myself and my 2 sisters as triplets in maxi dresses.
12/9/2009 9:25:32 AM
AK-Cindy United States
AK-Cindy
The sizzlers out fit- these were the short dress with the underpants that matched- it was usually poka dots.. LOL
How about the elephant ear pants.
Hair do's - parted right down the middle, withthe length to the chin and it would look like they took a jar of gel to keep it that way..
Bless you ...
12/9/2009 9:25:47 AM
susan United States
susan
I think hats would be great!  fedoras for men... very nice looking and women's hats from the 30 and 40's what fashion statements!
12/9/2009 9:27:43 AM
mamati United States
mamati
Bright neon colors are coming back Smile)
12/9/2009 9:31:31 AM
Tim Norwood United States
Tim Norwood
How about those Angel Flight pants. How bad were those. I had to were them one time. I like to think God had a good laugh. after all he had to know I'd get stuck wearing them. I love your show, and you are a blessing to all who listen.
12/9/2009 9:31:49 AM
Margaret United States
Margaret
So glad to see the kids wearing their pants back up above their underwear!  But I would like to see stirrup pants return.  So comfortable.
12/9/2009 9:33:08 AM
mamati
mamati
Remember the parachute pants and cardboard boxes people danced on.
12/9/2009 9:33:17 AM
Allison United States
Allison
High waisted jeans from the 90's -think Jennifer Aniston in Friends - they fit my body type so much better than low - rise... I just might have to bring them back! Smile
12/9/2009 9:36:26 AM
Mohan United States
Mohan
Do you remember the Newspaper print shirt? I enjoyed wearing them when in High School and others did too and it had news and instead of watching the teacher we used to read the news in others shirt....M
12/9/2009 9:37:10 AM
Lisa Elliott United States
Lisa Elliott
awwwww what a cute baby love it he looks cute wereing those leg warmers love it,
12/9/2009 9:37:44 AM
Ben United States
Ben
disco clothes and hair
12/9/2009 9:41:36 AM
becca United States
becca
Fun classy dance clubs like in the all-time favorite, winter movie- White Christmas!
12/9/2009 9:43:42 AM
Chuck Cooper United States
Chuck Cooper
Gotta love the old Nehru jackets!
12/9/2009 9:51:43 AM
Janice United States
Janice
I would not want to see elephant pants come back.
Or, Back in the day when people wore baggy pants because they were hand me downs. They wore hand me downs because they counldt afford new pants for everone. And today they buy them baggy on purpose for everything to hand out.
GROSS!!!!
12/9/2009 9:56:50 AM
Kandy Broderick United States
Kandy Broderick
How about those Members Only Jackets???  Use to love the double wrap belts.  So much fun!
12/9/2009 10:09:29 AM
Vonda United States
Vonda
Cordoroy Bell bottoms and Platform Boots
12/9/2009 10:15:39 AM
Marla United States
Marla
There was a brand of pants and clothing for girls and women called Dittos. They were known for their perfect fit. To this day I have difficulty finding pants that fit as well as Dittos. Loved those pants. Although I am pleased to see that Gouchos haven't made a come back. Some things just belong in the past!
10/14/2010 8:05:34 PM
NJ United States
NJ
Still waiting on the Frosted Jeans to show up. Its been another year and a no show so far.
They were so pretty.