Nov 25 2011

Friends and a great church. - Scott

Nov 24 2011

Thankful for ___? Day 4

Jesus!! - Kelli

Christ’s sacrifice. - Scott

TURKEY! - Both

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (3) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Nov 23 2011

Thankful for ___? Day 3

NEWSBOYS Interview 11.22.11 by K-LOVE Radio

What are you thankful for?

My job and the fabulous KLOVE listeners. - Kelli

God’s wisdom & that He uses us to share the Gospel. - Scott

Holiday feasts mean plenty of tasty temptation for you -- and your dog or cat. Though you may not plan to give people food to your pets, they'll still be cruising for handouts. 6 People Food No-Nos for Pets. Shine from YAHOO!

Thanksgiving is about eating, drinking, and making merry-not making people sick. Poultry causes 15% of foodborne disease outbreaks, and with recent Cargill turkey recalls it's more important than ever to be fussy about food safety.  10 Beggest Thanksgiving Food Safety Mistakes. Shine from YAHOO!

7 biggest holiday money wasters. msn.com

Heartbroken Dog Refuses to Leave Owner's Grave, and Facebook Rewrites Six Degrees of Seperation. YAHOO! NEWS

Kids say thanks with your Turkey Day traditions. TODAY

5 must-have apps for holiday shopping. CBS News

5 Top Nail Colors for Winter. Shine from YAHOO!

Avoid Black Friday madness (and still get great deals). msn.com

'Gamer' Husband Auctioned Off on Craigslist. Good Morning America

Plummer on Tebow: 'When he accepts that we know that he loves Jesus Christ. I think I'll like him a little better.' YAHOO! Sports

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
CATS or DOGS???
Jan 08 2010

CATS or DOGS???

There is a new poll out asking you whether you like Cats or Dogs better! I am not sure who they ask for these polls, but they never ask me! So here is your chance... Kelli says Cats... I say Dogs! What do you say???
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (81) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

12/26/2009 10:52:42 PM
vicky United States
vicky
Dog Smile
12/26/2009 10:54:28 PM
Jack United States
Jack
Dogs!!!!!!
12/26/2009 10:54:37 PM
Greg Frederick United States
Greg Frederick
Check out 'Cat and Dog Theology' with Google.  Best Bible study I ha e done and I was leading a team on the mission field in Asia for over ten years.
12/26/2009 10:54:53 PM
elizabeth United States
elizabeth
Cats!, especially cuddly, long haired cats!
12/26/2009 10:55:14 PM
Arielle United States
Arielle
DOG Smile
12/26/2009 10:55:15 PM
Grace United States
Grace
Cat, but my huband and son would both say Dog
12/26/2009 10:55:43 PM
Teresa Hooker United States
Teresa Hooker
dog   We have a boxer.
12/26/2009 10:55:46 PM
Tina United States
Tina
Dogs. We have two, Bandit and Skittles (Chihuahua and Rat Terrier). They are very loving and always make us laugh.
12/26/2009 10:55:52 PM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
I have 1 3-legged dog, 1 cat and 2 kittens.........but overall, I would have to say dogs I think!
12/26/2009 10:56:06 PM
Nathalie United States
Nathalie
Big dogs all the way! I've had Kelsey and Francis both for 14 years, and God has let me love them both up until now. Kelsey was just diagnosed with a ruptured stomach tumor an hour ago, and I'll have to put him down this weekend, but I wouldn't trade a moment with him. I love them both so much, and they have given me amazing, funny memories and more love than I could ask for. Dogs laugh, cry, love and lounge with you.
12/26/2009 10:56:45 PM
Thomas United States
Thomas
I am more of a wild animal type person since I had a baby wolf, squirrels, a goose, a skunk, snakes, a possum, and always picking up wild animals that are hurt and taking them to the Nature Center. But, if I had to choose between cat or dog I would say dog since I have a 8 year old beagle/min pin mix. Had her since she was 5 months.
12/26/2009 10:56:59 PM
Janet Elliott United States
Janet Elliott
I grew up with about 1.5 million cats (lived in the country & everyone dropped off strays in our neighborhood). I like cats, but I love my dogs. I have a Shorkie named Bailey and a Cockapoo named Jazzy. They are the BEST!!! Always so excited to see me when I get home. DOGS RULE!
12/26/2009 10:57:04 PM
Jornay Deaton United States
Jornay Deaton
I love both cats and dogs. But my favorite are cats. They are much easier to take care of. ex: you don't have to walk your cat out in the rain or frezzing temps!!!
   Dogs that I had were named: Dakota and Cherookee.
    Cats that I had were named: Chris
     Cats that I have NOW are: Merry and Little Bit
12/26/2009 10:58:26 PM
Kate United States
Kate
*DEFINITELY*
DOGS!!!!!!!  (over 50 lbs., too)
12/26/2009 10:58:55 PM
Tim United States
Tim
Hi - I am 45 years old and have had dogs all of my life. Different breeds and sizes - all are great but the best is the Rottweiler. I have one now, his name is ADAM, he weighs 115 lbs and he loves CATS!!!
He's great!!
12/26/2009 10:59:16 PM
shanna United States
shanna
of course Dogs I love dogs!
12/26/2009 10:59:34 PM
Pam United States
Pam
Dogs definitely i95.photobucket.com/.../dogs.jpg

- although I do have one cat Smile
12/26/2009 11:03:04 PM
Jane United States
Jane
Cats....take care of themselves..independent, but can be very lovable when they choose....they are like "little tiny women in cheap fur coats!"
12/26/2009 11:03:48 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
definitely dogs! We have a 4 year old malti-poo named Molly. She is so precious and fluffy and we love her sooo much. She comes to snuggle in my bed with me at night and I am so glad I have her in my life!
12/26/2009 11:04:38 PM
Jane United States
Jane
Dogs drool, cats rule...just ask them :o)
12/26/2009 11:06:47 PM
Brenda United States
Brenda
Dogs,  Saved three and would have more if I could afford it......
12/26/2009 11:08:36 PM
Donna United States
Donna
I absolutely LOVE dogs! We have 3 of them. A Schnauzer named Harley, a Black Lab/Shepherd mix named Max, and our newest addition-Logan, a 3mo. old Rottweiler. I've had a cat before but he was as big as a dog! Does that count? lol. Love you guys. Keep on doing God's work.
12/26/2009 11:09:19 PM
Kimberley United States
Kimberley
I love both...grew up with all kinds of animals from the animal shelter my mom worked at.
Between dogs and cats, it's a tie.  They have both great qualities.  In this time in my life while I'm in the military, cats are much easier to have because they don't require as much attention as a dog.  I have 3 cats and they are very smart.  My dogs (from the past) are great companions and I can't wait to have another.
Cats on this vote since they stuck by my side during my military years throughout the travels.
12/26/2009 11:09:44 PM
marie United States
marie
I think cats and dogs are both equally equal. We have both and they get along well. The only downfall is you have to pick up after the dog whereas the cat cleans after itself although really us humans have to maintain a clean area for both. I use to like cats only until I got with my husband and he didn't like cats. Today we love both and they're just as equal. We love them as part of our family. Its just in the training and togetherness of both dogs and cats.
12/26/2009 11:09:46 PM
Colleen United States
Colleen
I have 6 of each. Cats are Max, Molly, Charlie, Lacy, Lucky and Lila.  Dogs are all mixed breeds, Delaney, Baby, Ellie, Brett, and Maddie.  Although I love my cats, I have to say DOGS.
12/26/2009 11:12:19 PM
Melissa United States
Melissa
As much as I try to be fair with the affection, I think my dog (Dottie) and 4 rats (Mouse, Lightning, Spot and Buck) know the 2 cats (Fluffy and Arlo) are my favorites. I love animals, but cats are my favorite, hands down...I even collect cat collectibles.
(BTW - it was -27 here last night without a windchill. I live in Laramie, Wy and it's supposed to be only -4 tonight. The high yesterday was -4)
12/26/2009 11:16:54 PM
Laura United States
Laura
I've had dogs & they're wonderful however, I now have two cats & they act like dogs. My husband and I call them & they come running to us, or as we walk through the house, they walk right next to us.  When either of us gets home from work, we are greeted at the front door by our cats, and are followed until we sit down, then they sit next to, or on us & will lick our hand.

Whenever one of us is ill in bed, they don't leave our side.

They are indoor cats, so I'm sure that's the reason they are so caring and loving, oh & by the way, they do mimic any dogs bark & they say 'hello', 'I don't know' (when asked the whereabouts of their sibling), and 'mom', which they refer to my husband as. (He nurtured them since they were a few weeks old because their momma abandoned them in our front hedge).

So for now it's CATS (favorite), but I do like dogs as well.
12/26/2009 11:25:01 PM
Susie United States
Susie
Too hard to choose.  I have both.  My cats are almost always in the same room as I am, be it the bathroom where they are curled up in the dual sinks, to sleeping on my king size bed, to napping on the couch with me.  I found out I couldn't be without a dog when I had to have my 15 yr old put to sleep in October.  Managed to make it two weeks, I am now training a Border Collie, which is a new breed for me to own.  Cannot be on this earth without either one!!!!!
12/26/2009 11:28:11 PM
Dale Lynne Smith United States
Dale Lynne Smith
gotta speak up for the cats.  they're cleaner, softer, and easier to carry
12/26/2009 11:40:01 PM
Erica United States
Erica
I had a wonderful cat when I was a kid. He was affectionate, but he never ran to the door when I came home wagging his tail so much his whole body shook. When I come home, my dogs are so excited they can't contain themselves. It's nice to be able to bring joy to my dogs just by being there.For me, dogs win. Cat affection is different. I can definately see some people preferring a cuddle from a fluffy cat over sloppy licks from a big goofy dog. But for me, bring on the sloppy doggie kisses.
12/27/2009 12:23:22 AM
Tara Hogue United States
Tara Hogue
Dogs are wonderful pets, and are really great guard dogs too.
12/27/2009 12:28:44 AM
Sue Nichols United States
Sue Nichols
Dogs, dogs, dogs
12/27/2009 12:28:52 AM
Lindsey Nelson United States
Lindsey Nelson
This musher from Alaska says......dogs!!
-Lindsey
12/27/2009 12:29:56 AM
kristi United States
kristi
I have both a Border Collie (Black and White) and a mitching cat (Black and White) The dog is named Ozzy and the cat is named Jasmine. I love them both and could not even imagine having to pick between the 2. However if I had to it would be a cat. They are pretty independent - you do not have to walk them, or put them out every hour for a break Smile they pretty much take care of themselves.
12/27/2009 12:34:33 AM
Connie United States
Connie
Cats definitely!  I have 8 cats and 1 dog.  The dog is an absolute idiot.  The cats all have different personalities and keep me and my family entertained.
12/27/2009 12:35:17 AM
Nathalie United States
Nathalie
Go Lindsey! We Alaskans need to stand by our poochies!
12/27/2009 12:35:59 AM
Cheri United States
Cheri
Dogs are a Man's best friend!!! But, as for a pet I would have a Dog over a Cat anyday of the week!!! and I'm a girl.
12/27/2009 12:36:50 AM
Christian United States
Christian
DOGS!!! I have two wonderful chihuahuas who love, love, love me! I love coming home to them and having them wag their tails and shake their booties because they are sooo happy to see me!
12/27/2009 12:43:33 AM
Michele United States
Michele
DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/27/2009 12:44:47 AM
Muriel United States
Muriel
I couldn't choose between them I have 3 cats presently and 2 dogs and I wouldn't give up 1 of them.(I had to put one cat to sleep Wednesday evening, heart breaking). They are each unique and have their own personalities just like people do.If it were upto my hubby he'd say cats.
Muriel
12/27/2009 12:46:44 AM
Jamie United States
Jamie
Here is what is true for me. My two dogs have been a part of my life for 10 years now and only until 2 years ago did I fully realize why. God gave them to me. I was diagnosed with brain cancer almost two years ago. Well actually misdiagnosed and then realty fully developed and now I fight grade III brain cancer. God’s two little creatures sit alongside. When I fall into the house after a day’s worth of treatments they are there sitting and waiting and not jumping and all excited. They know…somehow they know. They have had a discussion amongst themselves and have assigned duties during the darkest places of my healing. One is always by my side. If one goes out to potty the other stays inside unless I have a guest then they feel free to both go outside together. This is God’s doing…his tangible healing hands in the shape of two beagles whom I adore and love dearly. So my vote right now…DOGS!
12/27/2009 12:47:14 AM
Michele United States
Michele
DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/27/2009 12:52:41 AM
Dena B United States
Dena B
DOGS ALL THE WAY!! We have 3. Gizmo - 9 1/2 yr old Sharpei/bloodhound/blacklab mix. He is my baby. looks just like a lab. I saved him at 10 wks from abuse and he is soo protective of me! He gets jealous when my hubby and sons hug me!! - oh, he also showers with me. wherever I am, Gizmo is there!
Lucy - is our 3 yr old Chinese Pug!! I have NEVER seen a dog with actual human expressions on her face!! She is quite backwards though.. she doesn't bark when people come, she barks when they leave - I think it's because she thinks everyone comes to see HER! Also - she really snores, but, she snores on the exhale NOT the inhale...strange.
Recently we go Buddy - Australian Shephard mix, we don't know his age, we rescued him as well.

By the way, when I was a small child, my grandma had this huge siamese cat. I was the ONLY grandkid it would go to. I was constantly getting paddled from her for taking that cat and lugging it over my shoulder and up the stairs to the bathroom and tried to flush it!! Dumb cat - it WANTED flushed, why else would it only come to me!!  :-P

Dena and Giz, Lucy, and Buddy
12/27/2009 12:53:36 AM
Kara United States
Kara
Dogs! They love unconditionally. Plus Dog spelled backwards is God.  Laughing
12/27/2009 12:57:04 AM
Crystal United States
Crystal
Another Alaskan vote for dogs all the way!!!
12/27/2009 12:58:20 AM
Robert United States
Robert
my wife and I both vote CATS!!!!!!!!!!!
dogs are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too dependent.
12/27/2009 12:59:47 AM
pam United States
pam
I am a cat and dog lover. Even though I would probably favor the dog more. I have a really neat story to share about my cat! Every night at bed time my cat insists on sleeping on my hand. Her little pads curl up in the palm of my hand! No kidding! Still, there is no comparison to the devotion of a dog. Smile Pam
12/27/2009 1:02:57 AM
Kristel United States
Kristel
We have 3 large dogs and 5 cats, two of which are 6 month old kittens rescued at 2 weeks of age.  These have been my constant companions since we rescued them.  These cats are the exception.  I have the agree with Kelli that my cats are so lovable but when they have enough contact, that it.  My dogs are extremely jealous and want nothing but love ALL the time.  Cats are easier.
12/27/2009 1:05:49 AM
jOHN United States
jOHN
Dogs are like humans they need love,affection,and guidence. No matter what they love you even if you dont love them back, they are there to greet you when you get home, they stand by you when you are feeling lonely, sad and upsett. Even if you say they are the worst dog in the world, they just dont care.They are still faithful. Cats are like sinners, they dont need anything, they just love themselves, they are selfish, when they need something they go to there master to get it, when they are filled with there need they leave, and not to be seen again until they need something again. They want to be petted when they let you or want you to touch them, if not they turn around and scratch you and inflict damage to you.
12/27/2009 1:06:26 AM
Justin United States
Justin
You guys were talking about cats vs dogs not too long ago... Well, slightly tangental, but check out this article: http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO133130/

Oh, and my preference is dog. I call lazy cats (which are most of them) throw rugs....
12/27/2009 1:12:17 AM
Ray United States
Ray
Dogs!
12/27/2009 1:29:33 AM
Adam Fink United States
Adam Fink
Just glancing through the blog, it looks like the statistic was right.  Almost all the answers are DOG.  And I, unashamedly, admit I am a dog lover and could really live a happy life without ever having a cat.
12/27/2009 1:37:41 AM
Christy United States
Christy
There was always a dog in the house when I was growing up ( not by my choice) I never became attached to them. You let them out to do their business, they come back in stinky. You give them a bath, let them out one time, and they stink again. CATS are my absolute favorite by far. You don't let them out, they clean themselves, they are so soft and cuddly and most importantly...they don't stink. We have one cat in the house named Lily. She's sooooo smart. We love her.
12/27/2009 2:03:19 AM
Ann United States
Ann
Grew up loving cats.  Cats were pets & dogs were for working - same as cattle & horses.  Loved my cat!!  Fast forward many years - now a mom with a son who insists that he wants a dog.  Any like any good mom got the boy a dog.   We now have the most awesome dog - German Short-hair Pointer.  We would get another before getting another cat, definitely.
12/27/2009 9:38:49 AM
Paula Swain United States
Paula Swain
2 VOTES in our house for CATS! Snuggier, easy to care for !!!But dogs are cool too!! Weird we are argueing about which of GOD's creations we like better.... HOw about horses?
12/27/2009 10:11:58 AM
Mary Nell United States
Mary Nell
Absolutely DOGS!!!
12/27/2009 10:37:50 AM
Karen United States
Karen
Most definitely the 4 legged canine!  They are without a doubt man's best friend in my opinion.  This is not to say that I do not like cats, I do, but dogs rule!
12/27/2009 11:34:25 AM
Jennifer United States
Jennifer
cats
12/27/2009 1:26:12 PM
Jenny G. United States
Jenny G.
I love ALL of God's creation; so I will share their different characteristics and you decide which one I favor (and you should too)!

Dogs: 1. Totally dependant on someone for sustenance (unless they are taken for a walk and upon coming upon another dog's "droppings" of which the "walker" does not notice they feast upon it!

Cats: 1. Very self-sufficient (in fact, if fed from an automatic feeder they will eat ONLY what they need for survival-not be a glutton; or if not fed at all or not fortunate enough to have a home they will catch their own meal ie. fine feathered friend or a rodent type!

Dogs: 2. Some bark incessantly, keeping neighbors awake or terribly annoyed!

Cats: 2. While purring can become very loud (like that of a motor), I've not known anyone to become annoyed by it so as to take thy brother to court!

Dogs: 3. They slaver or drivel against your leg!

Cats: 3. Only rub against your leg wanting to place their scent on you in hopes that you do not soon forget them!

Dogs: 4. Beg at the table!

Cats: 4. Only want you to hurry at the table so they may cuddle with you again!

So you favor the one you want and I'll continue loving both of them! Besides, cat spelled backwards is "Tac"-ya I don't know from whence that came!

12/28/2009 1:41:12 AM
Jan Parrish United States
Jan Parrish
I'm going to have to say dogs. Dogs will fetch and come when you call them. Why get a cat that ignores you?
12/28/2009 3:02:35 AM
Michaela and Elaina United States
Michaela and Elaina
DOGS
12/28/2009 3:07:14 AM
Michaela and Elaina United States
Michaela and Elaina
DOGS
12/28/2009 4:08:38 AM
Rhonda United States
Rhonda
Cats~
I love cats~I have three of them: Braveheart, Leah, & Simba...
I love dogs as well but for me cats are the pet of choice...
Cats are more independent than dogs are and they make great napping buddie~
They are very loyal to me and love me unconditionally...
Cats get my vote!
12/28/2009 8:07:49 AM
Jody Diane Hildebrant United States
Jody Diane Hildebrant
this is jdhforjc little girl cats I love your stashon
12/29/2009 8:15:18 AM
Zabel United States
Zabel
Can I say both!?!
12/29/2009 9:22:51 AM
Joe United States
Joe
Mmmmmm...I'd have to say dogs!
12/30/2009 9:05:01 AM
Kevin United States
Kevin
Cats are too selfish, and they don't seem to give back alot. If you want something cute and cuddly, buy a stuffed animal. Much less cost and effort. Most dogs, on the other hand, properly trained, are useful, friendly, and compassionate pets.
12/30/2009 5:22:33 PM
Tori United States
Tori
I have to say CATS! I love cats. Maybe it's my natural tendency to gravitate to cats since I'm allergic to dogs...
12/31/2009 4:24:18 AM
Jennifer Nielsen United States
Jennifer Nielsen
I have a German shepherd/black lab mix and she is my baby. I like dogs better because I am not able to spend much time at home anymore with my job. My dog, Kailuah (like the town in Hawaii), is more than just a pet; she is my partner, and I love being able to take a piece of my family with me. Cats just don't offer the companionship that my dog can, and cat wouldn't want to go to work with me and spend hours in a car. So it is not all about licking my toes when she missed me but she is always there...
1/2/2010 6:01:01 AM
Diane United States
Diane
I love dogs.  My Grandma had a dog named Lady Bird, after Lady Bird Johnson.  She also had a dog named BG - my grandma and grandpa's initials.
1/11/2010 8:17:12 PM
Alyssa Trembly United States
Alyssa Trembly
Scott, Kelli honestly I love both. I have two dogs, and two cats.
1/11/2010 8:31:36 PM
Josh Pettijohn United States
Josh Pettijohn
Cats are from the devil...
1/18/2010 10:03:26 AM
Hailey United States
Hailey
Dogs. Because, dogs listen to you more, they are called 'man's best friend', they have better patience, and you can rough and tumble with them! Plus, dogs can help you with stuff, [seeing eyes dogs, herding dogs, etc] cats just lay around all day, waiting to be fed, cuddled, or left alone.
1/18/2010 3:51:09 PM
Lynne United States
Lynne
Dogs rule, cats drool!  :-D

oh and DOG spelled backwards is GOD.
1/24/2010 12:55:52 AM
Hannah Joy United States
Hannah Joy
OK so i LOVE both of them but i have only had two dogs. they are both 10 years old but you can't really tell for one of them and we have always had cats. like when i was born we had three then they all died and we moved. then we got one cat and it ran away. then we got two kittys and then a few years later we got another kitty. then in 2009 we had a house fire and lost one cat. really it wasn't that bad but it was my cat. SO BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmileTongTongTongTongTongTong!
~Hannah Joy
5/5/2010 4:56:17 AM
Chloe United States
Chloe
I like cats. but at the same time I like dogs, ( big dogs only, they are the actuallt useful!)
Smile