K-LOVE Kelli Blog | The official Kelli blog for K-LOVE Radio, listen online at KLOVE.com.
Mar 24 2016

Jesus chose to die for you!

This week is Holy Week, the week where we remember the events leading up to the death and resurrection of Jesus. This year is even more powerful for me, since I was recently in Israel and got to see the places that I've read about my whole life!

One of the places that I visited was the Garden of Gethsemane. It was incredible to learn that some of the trees that we saw are most likely the same ones that were there when Jesus was in the garden!

But, today we remember what Jesus went through in the garden as he wrestled with the thought of what he knew he had to do. He chose to die for us. He chose to carry the huge weight of our sin. The Bible says that God “made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21). This is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I'm so grateful.

In Other News...

Guys, Want to Know If Your Date Thinks You're Hot? See If She Wears This

California Widower Finds Wife Left $127K in Bank Account for Make-A-Wish

The 100 Most Challenging Places to Live With Allergies

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Mar 23 2016
Mar 22 2016

It's Not Over Yet!

Like many of us, I woke to reports of another horrific attack in the world...this time in Brussels. Lives lost, families torn apart, fear appearing to win.

What I felt as I was praying today is the reminder of the bigger picture. This is Holy Week, where we focus on the events of the week leading up to the death and resurrection of Jesus. I can imagine some of what we are feeling today is how the followers of Jesus felt on Friday and Saturday of that weekend. Their leader, the man they loved and that they believed would save them was gone. Hope was lost.

But, the bigger picture says "It's not over yet." In just the same way, we can look at the horrific events in our world and remember to focus on the bigger picture. It's not over yet. In the end, God wins.

Let's pray for those who are hurting and spread that reminder of hope and love today.

In Other News

On World Water Day, A Story To Make You Feel Good About The World

Texting Mix-Up Leads to Delivery Room Friendship

Widow Gets a Surprise Home Makeover From Strangers -and It's Beautiful

Purple Heart Sold for $4.99 at Goodwill to Be Returned to Recipient's Family

Teen Lands Restaurant Job After Catching Robber During Interview

Puppy Tweets!
Mar 04 2010

Puppy Tweets!

Have you heard of "Puppy Tweets?!" A new device allows your dog to send you a "tweet" while you are at work! Is that crazy or what?! What's the craziest gadget you've heard of lately? Would you buy it?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/26/2010 11:09:13 PM
Brandon United States
Brandon
the puppy tweets is up there as pretty crazy but what about the little mops you are supposed to attach to your dogs' feet so that when they walk around the house on the hardwood floors they dust/buff the floor.
2/26/2010 11:22:50 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
That is probably the craziest one I have heard of! Smile
2/26/2010 11:23:48 PM
Brandon United States
Brandon
or what about the device that lets you over the internet, start your oven for dinner, adjust the lighting in your house, unlock the front door and even run a hot bath.
2/26/2010 11:29:54 PM
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST United States
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST
no! I would not waste money on that, but give money to chile cambodia and haiti and africa and other place. as leeland and brandon and heaths song says 'meet the needs for the poor and the needy God ill follow YOU into into the world! www.youtube.com and type in Follow You Leeland with Brandon Heath and there is haiti and cambodia and other versions! it touches your heart! God is love! God bless you!
2/27/2010 12:19:36 AM
Patricia United States
Patricia
I think that's nuts!!! SmileSmileSmile
And no I would not buy it!
2/27/2010 12:49:00 AM
Bob United States
Bob
I don't know about tweets, but, I do have several friends whos dogs have facebook accounts and update regularly.
2/27/2010 6:18:44 AM
james harvey United States
james harvey
the weirdest gadget i have seen would have to be a nose hair trimmer and on the other end of it was an electric tooth brush.lol. i dont think i would want to use that tooth brush after using teh nose hair trimmer
2/27/2010 6:52:53 AM
Falco United States
Falco
Sounds pretty crazy to me!
2/27/2010 7:28:22 AM
Leandra United States
Leandra
How can a dog "tweet" someone??????  I think that is just Weiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrddddddddd! lol
thanks for everything Kelli!  You are so funny'-)
God Bless,
~Leandra
2/27/2010 7:32:50 AM
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST United States
FAITH SISTERS IN CHRIST
GOD IS LOVE
2/27/2010 8:17:58 AM
Tisha United States
Tisha
That IS crazy...although I probably wouldn't buy it...i would like to see how it works! :-D Thanks for sharing Kelli!
2/28/2010 1:24:17 AM
Bonnie Knasel United States
Bonnie Knasel
I don't know of any new gadgets that I'd buy, or just how this one works, but it's a bit scary! If my dog was smart enough to send me tweets, I don't think I'd have the nerve to go home! LOL If he can send me tweets, what else is he capiable of doing?
2/28/2010 3:09:54 PM
Bev United States
Bev
I don't think I'd buy a gadget so that my dog could "tweet" me.  But this one that Brandon mentioned sounds funny and efficient!  Made me laugh. : )
"the little mops you are supposed to attach to your dogs' feet so that when they walk around the house on the hardwood floors they dust/buff the floor."