Dec 17 2012

How To Help Newtown, Connecticut

How to Help Newtown, Conn., Shooting Victims' Families, Community. abc News

After Friday's deadly rampage at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., that took the lives of 20 children and six adults at the school, many organizations in the area have set up ways to help.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
Dec 17 2012

Jenny Simmons, Addison Road Lead Singer, Writes New Song

The Becoming

After the destruction

In the wake of every storm

The sun reveals the suffering

And all I've known is gone

Well I can take the rising waves

But when I'm washed up on the shore

Feeling just like driftwood

And nothing makes sense anymore

Jesus meet me

Be everything I need

In the waiting

In the in between

Jesus, hold me

And keep me from running

Cause I don't want to miss

The beauty of becoming

Something new is growing

I can feel it come alive

In the dead of winter

Spring is on the other side

Jesus meet me

Be everything I need

In the waiting

In the in between

Jesus, hold me

Keep me from running

Cause I don't want to miss

The beauty of becoming

Give me beauty in the ashes of this pain

Give me water in the wasteland, let it rain

As I wonder, in the darkness, be my guide

Oh Creator Oh Redeemer bring new life

Jesus meet me

Be everything I need

In the waiting

In the in between

Jesus, hold me

Keep me from running

Cause I don't want to miss

The beauty of becoming

(lyrics by: jenny simmons, ali rogers, ellie holcomb)

Dec 15 2012

Tragic Loss in Newtown, CT. We mourn with you!

We are so horrified and heartbroken over the senseless violence at the Conn. school. As humans, we are sickened. As parents...devastated. Please pray.

"He will wipe away every tear from their eyes & death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, crying, nor pain anymore." Rev 21:4

A Christmas Prayer by Max Lucado.

I was listening to "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" in the car yesterday and thinking of the heartbreaking tragedy in CT. These lyrics jumped out at me:

"O come, Thou Day-Spring, come and cheer

Our spirits by Thine advent here

Disperse the gloomy clouds of night

And death's dark shadows put to flight."

Grateful for the promise of Christmas. Come, Emmanuel.

Some Words from our pastor. So well said.

From Pastor Ray:

Today is a heartbreaking day. Our nation experienced the second worst school shooting in American history. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and everyone affected by this senseless tragedy. I, like all Americans, am devastated.

During tragic times like this there is inevitably a mad scramble for CLARITY. How could this happen? Why would a good and loving God let this happen? Who’s to blame for this senseless violence?

The problem – Shallow Christian clichés fall short and ultimately Clarity never comes…because at best, we see ‘through a glass dimly…'

During times like this we think we need Clarity when we really need is Certainty.

• I am certain that this senseless act breaks the heart of God because…

I am certain that God understands what it means to lose a son.

• I am certain that every one of todays victims was precious to God

• I am certain that God is near to the brokenhearted

• I am certain that no life ever is devoid of meaning no matter how short.

• I am certain that Jesus meant it when he said, ‘Let the little children come to me’.

• I am certain that life is precious and that every day with your kids is a gift.

• I am certain that America needs to rediscover a reverence for life.

• I am certain that a day is coming when suffering will cease and God will reign.

• I am certain that when anyone closes their eyes here for the last time and wakes up in the arms of Jesus - they will be more alive than they have ever been.

Welcome Audrey Assad to the show today!
Mar 25 2010

Welcome Audrey Assad to the show today!

We get to hang out with new artist Audrey Assad on the show today! Any comments for her?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (31) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/17/2010 4:20:37 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
Where do you find the most inspiration for your music and what helps build your faith most in day to day life?
3/17/2010 4:21:20 PM
jonathan United States
jonathan
Heard you wrote a song about Kate McRae - can you tell more about Kate and the song you wrote?
3/17/2010 4:23:34 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Do you plan on recording an album soon? If so, when?
3/17/2010 4:24:32 PM
jonathan United States
jonathan
I tried sending this once, but not sure if it went through...I've heard that you wrote a song for Kate McRae.  Can you tell a little bit about Kate and what inspired you to write this song?
3/17/2010 4:30:20 PM
Marlena United States
Marlena
Audrey, I heard you sing at the tenth ave north concert in San Antonio.  Loved the song you sang and dedicated to your father--Run forward, fall back, I think.  Will it be on your new album?
3/17/2010 4:37:46 PM
Debbi United States
Debbi
You have a beautiful voice!  Thank you for sharing!

Debbi
3/17/2010 4:39:48 PM
Alex United States
Alex
Do you ever get frustrated with writing songs or singing on a bad day?
3/17/2010 4:40:15 PM
Renee United States
Renee
I just listened to you sing "Winter Snow." Wow. Your voice is amazing, but even more amazing is the anointing that you have! Keep singing. Keep writing. Keep letting God use you to minister to others!
3/17/2010 4:40:48 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
It was great listening to you on KLOVE.
3/17/2010 4:45:00 PM
Lynn United States
Lynn
Your song "let me in" was a lifeline for me. I stumbled upon it on myspace one night. I had made the worst choice of my life and had an abortion. I was dealing with the pain of the abortion. It was the darkest moment of my life.When I heard your song it was almost as if God was holding me in that very moment. It then became the anthem of my heart as I began to accept God's love and forgiveness again. Thank you for those beautiful words.
3/17/2010 4:45:09 PM
Dan United States
Dan
Winter snow is an amazing lyrical portrait......you blessed my drive home from work!
3/17/2010 4:45:10 PM
Joyce Eli United States
Joyce Eli
I just heard you for the first time today sing the winter snow song.  I love your voice.  Very calming and touched me deeply.  Thank you.
3/17/2010 4:56:27 PM
Dylan Sauder United States
Dylan Sauder
My sister is already jokingly saying "Maybe I should keep a steak knife by me, too"..... to use on ME, not Mr. Salty! ;)

BEAUTIFUL voice! best live, in the studio performance I've heard!!!
3/17/2010 9:58:06 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
OMG!  I just heard the song from Audrey, I have never heard it before. (I don't know where I was during Christmas, lol)  But I just love her voice and the song is so warm and all encompassing just like God's love.  Thank you, Audrey, for playing it for us!!
3/17/2010 10:14:25 PM
Darla United States
Darla

This is for Scott, actually!!! The gals will love it though!

If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing but sleep for six months. I could deal with that.

Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid. I could deal with that too.

If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts)

while you are sleeping and wake to partially grown, cute, cuddly cubs. I could definitely deal with that.

If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business. You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too. I could deal with that.

If you're a bear, your mate EXPECTS you to wake up growling. He EXPECTS that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.

Yup......I want to be a bear!

3/17/2010 10:28:54 PM
Michelle United States
Michelle
"For Love of You" is the best illustration of what I want to be that I think anyone could come up with. Sounds like a great anthem to me. (:
Beautiful, stunning voice and such touching, honest lyrics.
You are amazing; period. Thanks for your ministry!

3/17/2010 10:30:00 PM
Julie United States
Julie
Audrey, you have a beautiful voice!  I love your music, and I will definitely be looking for your first album.  Smile
3/17/2010 10:32:06 PM
Ben Struck United States
Ben Struck
Audrey your new song For Love of you is awesome, a real blessing something to cherish.
3/17/2010 10:33:38 PM
Troy United States
Troy
Just heard "For Love of You" on the radio as performed live in the studio there....wow! Sounded fantastic. Had to park and listen. I have to say, I very much prefer the piano-only version to the highly-produced studio version. Sounded so pure!
3/17/2010 10:36:05 PM
Darla United States
Darla
Audrey....Beautiful voice!!!
3/17/2010 10:37:13 PM
Jenni United States
Jenni
I just went to move my car under the carport and I had to sit in it until the song was over.  That is wonderful music the kind that makes you stay in your car to hear it.  I love how raw your voice is and yet so clear to praise GOD!  I am in charge of Girls in Action at church and we will be doing sign language to your song in church soon.  Thank you for using your voice to honor God.
3/17/2010 10:39:43 PM
Olivia United States
Olivia
Audrey,

I have been searching for you since last summer. I attended stubenville west in tuscon arizona and since then I have been talking about the girl with the voice of an angel. I am so excited to hear that you have an album. Your voice allowed me to experience God in a way I never had before. When I say you have the voice of an angel I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for using your voice to help others feel God's presence.
3/17/2010 10:47:49 PM
Cameron United States
Cameron
Audrey
Love the music and the touch God has on your heart. You are very funny.  The comment about the monk on fire made me laugh out loud. Not PC but funny.  You have to know your history.
I work in the oil patch in Oklahoma which is a pretty rough place to work.  Listen to klove on the way in at 5 and the way out at 5.  Look forward to hearing more of Audrey on the air.  Will go to itunes tonight and look for your music. It has God all over it.
Grace:
Cam
3/17/2010 10:59:41 PM
Audrey United States
Audrey
I loved the song that you sang on Klove today! I"m so happy that you were on the Scott and Keli show today. You are officially my 3 favorite people! I hope one day I can be like you. I love the piano and you are so good at it and your voice is amazingly beautiful. Your voice matches your name! Audrey is such a great name. ~Audrey
3/17/2010 11:04:37 PM
Lori Ann United States
Lori Ann
Please tell Audrey that her KLOVE Ambassador friends in Chicago miss her. We and want her to come back for a visit!!! ((hugs to my little Catholic friend))
3/17/2010 11:30:31 PM
Chelsie Cobbett Canada
Chelsie Cobbett
That's was amazing!!! "The House You're Building", that a wonderful concept! You're lyrics are very inspiring and you're voice is beautiful, God is going to do GREAT THINGS through your ministry! I will be adding you to my prayer list, and will definitely be buying your new album. God Bless you Audrey Smile
3/17/2010 11:47:01 PM
Amandalynne Heather United States
Amandalynne Heather
The songs you sang were incredible! I can't wait to hear your songs play on KLove! SmileSmileSmile
3/18/2010 7:03:49 AM
bbrain United States
bbrain
wonderful music =)

helped my day out alot, thank you
3/18/2010 7:11:45 AM
Tyler United States
Tyler
Wow, what an amazing voice! I loved the fact that you performed it live too. So many artists hide behind voice effects and never really show their true voice. Thank you so much for being raw and performing a touching song!
3/18/2010 5:46:17 PM
Katie M United States
Katie M
I heard Audrey singing live on the way home from school today, and I just remembered I wanted to comment- what an INCREDIBLE voice! I'm really excited to hear more from her.
3/18/2010 11:24:57 PM
Dorothy Wise United States
Dorothy Wise
Audrey,

I heard your interview and song while driving home from work!!  Both were great! Love the new song!