Apr 06 2010

The new KFC sandwich...what do you think?!

Kentucky Fried Chicken has introduced a new "sandwich," that has no bun...just two deep-fried chicken patties with bacon and cheese between them. Wow. What do you think? Would you eat this?
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (33) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/1/2010 12:24:46 PM
Adam Clayburn United States
Adam Clayburn
Its nice to see the new health care bill taken so seriously!!!  LOL
4/1/2010 12:26:57 PM
Desarae Dunham in Phoenix United States
Desarae Dunham in Phoenix
Speaking on behalf of my wonderful parents (and many co-workers), they together are doing the Atkins (High Protein/low carb) diet.  When eating fast food, they request their sandwiches without the bun (so it does not go to waste).

KFC sounds like they are responding to the demand for high protein eaters, and recognizing the opportunity to send the unused bread goes to charity.
Koodo's to KFC!
4/1/2010 12:28:58 PM
Emefah United States
Emefah
aka, heart attack....
but I am definitely going to buy one.
4/1/2010 12:31:16 PM
Mike DuBurg United States
Mike DuBurg
chicken goood  bacon goood cheese goood whats wrong!
4/1/2010 12:34:46 PM
Rachael Peyton United States
Rachael Peyton
It all sounds good individually, but all together it makes me sick just thinking about it!
4/1/2010 12:37:54 PM
Renee United States
Renee
It sounds like a heart attack on no bun, but oh so delicious.
4/1/2010 12:40:33 PM
John Volz United States
John Volz
Ya'll made me hungry!! So just took advantage of Pizza Huts "any style, any toppings, any size pizza for $10!! Yeah baby! I bought two!! And its just me here!! I love cold pizza first thing in the morning to!! God Bless Ya'll!!
4/1/2010 12:41:05 PM
Jasmine Pasquarella United States
Jasmine Pasquarella
I think it sound kind of good and it kind of makes me feel sick all at one time.
4/1/2010 12:42:06 PM
John Volz United States
John Volz
Oh, I bought the Super Spremes!
4/1/2010 12:42:17 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
AN EXCUSE FOR EXTRA PROTIEN (AND FAT) BUT YUM YUM YUM
4/1/2010 12:44:58 PM
Angel United States
Angel
Sounds DELICIOUS different but delicious!
4/1/2010 12:45:09 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
I cut out fast food about a year ago but one night was tempted by the Carl's Junior Grilled Cheese. So Late at night sent my brother to the restaurant to get me and my husband one. Big mistake. I felt so disgusting after I ate it. Me and My brother both  did. We both struggle with weight and my husband can eat forever and never gain a pound. I personally choose not to eat that food that instantly slows every aspect of my life. Having to recover from a cancerous tumor in my head is enough to deal with I don't need weight to be an issue too.
4/1/2010 12:48:20 PM
Lisa United States
Lisa
I'm on the Atkin's diet and this is perfect!  I'm tired of going out to eat and ordering things with no buns.  Or going to restaurants and saying no fries.  Believe it or not, a person can eat this way and be heart healthy as long as they don't mix in any sugar and refined flour.  It's been scientifically proven in multiple studies.  So yeah!  I'm excited to try it!  :o)
4/1/2010 12:52:10 PM
John Volz United States
John Volz
Oh the pain of being our own Judge and Victim
4/1/2010 12:55:57 PM
Emily United States
Emily
Ya know... I'll pass. We are reading Fast Food Nation in school and it kinda makes me feel gross whenever I eat it since i know what's in it- plus that sounds grody anyway... For those of you who like it good for you! but I'll stick with my food from home Smile
4/1/2010 1:00:48 PM
Jo-Anna United States
Jo-Anna
I AGREE "HEART ATTACK" waiting to happen.  I gave up eating fast food a long time ago.  The thought of eating in any of those places makes me sick.  Besides once you've worked in those places it will be the last time you eat there.
4/1/2010 1:03:15 PM
Stacey United States
Stacey
Though I'm sure the Duke and the Colonel ARE rolling over in their graves, I thought that sound of distant rumbling was PLAQUE rushing to the arteries of those who were part of the test group...
Or possibly Emergency Rooms everywhere, rolling in extra "Crash Carts" - STAT!
4/1/2010 1:14:32 PM
Doug United States
Doug
Sounds horrible, but for some reason I am very anxious to go try one.... weird.
4/1/2010 1:14:50 PM
Gregg United States
Gregg
Oh come on, sure it's a lot of meat, but if they had slapped a bun around this, no one would have even blinked when they introduced it.
4/1/2010 1:21:19 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
I already made a comment but when my husband heard about this "sandwich" he said "ohhh yeah". I say still unhealthy no matter how you slice it.
4/1/2010 1:35:39 PM
Brooke United States
Brooke
This sounds insane! But like I was always taught, don't knock it til you try it! So I'm determined to try it, looks like a heart attack waiting to happen, but I'll try it all the same. Laughing
4/1/2010 1:46:18 PM
Stella United States
Stella
Doesn't sound like something I would try but check this out - at the "2900" restaurant here in El Paso, TX, their specialty is a "fried chicken & waffle sandwich” with maple aïoli, lettuce, tomato, red onion.  It's DELICIOUS!
4/1/2010 7:23:43 PM
Susan United States
Susan
YUCK!!!!!!!!1
4/1/2010 7:53:37 PM
Jasmine United States
Jasmine
Hi, I would nt eat this because I don't like bacon or cheese with chicken. Also, I need rice or bread with almost anything.

In Him,
Jasmine
"Let them praise the name of the Lord: for His name alone is excellent: His glory is above the earth and heaven."
Psalm 148:13
4/1/2010 8:23:52 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
Yikes, fattening!!  Sounds good but, NO. LOL! SmileSmileSmile
4/1/2010 8:30:54 PM
Kimberly G. United States
Kimberly G.
I agree with you, Emily! I'm home schooled, and I have a one-semester health course. They've taught the basics in eating good, nutritious foods.

Besides, even though you're cutting out some of the carbs with the buns and eating more protein, isn't the chicken patties fried. That's carb.
4/1/2010 9:48:26 PM
mustangjake United States
mustangjake
Hey, it sounds like a heart attack with now bun, but I like big macs and those are a heart attack with a bun. Think of it this way, You can put bacon on chicken, tastes good, cheese on chicken, tastes good. Bacon with cheese, tastes good. Mix them all together how would they not taste good. I'll try it Laughing
4/2/2010 1:32:16 PM
Randa United States
Randa
Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen!!!!!!
4/2/2010 5:22:40 PM
Melanie United States
Melanie
I don't think that sounds good! That sandwich sound messy and greasy, and just like what Randa said,"Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen!
4/2/2010 11:55:16 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
Sounds absolutely terrible!!! Though it would be great for the people still crazy about the Atkins Diet!! When fast food restaurants try to go all crazy with their food it makes me queasy. Like when Long John Silvers had the fish taco... *shudder*. But it looks like KFC will at least sell a few even if it doesn't stay on their menu!! Good luck to those brave souls!!!
4/3/2010 12:22:57 AM
Samantha United States
Samantha
chicken paties with bacon and cheese inbetween them-yuck Frown.  It sound unique and I like how they're adding a new things, but I wouldn't eat it
1.) I'm a vegetarian
2.) It sounds like a gross combination
3.) I usually don't eat a KFC

God bless those of u who try it(lol) Smile Smile Smile
4/3/2010 7:27:30 PM
Chloe United States
Chloe
greasy fingers.........
4/23/2010 12:23:28 AM
Christine Canada
Christine
I first heard about the new KFC sandwich on the radio, being in Canada, currently this isn't something on our KFC menu.  Sad, not sure, sounds interesting to say the least, but really!!  Should this be something we should eat.  Can we eat this, what is there a shortage on buns?  Napkins a plenty I hope.  Good Luck with this one Kentucky Fried Chicken!