May 10 2010

Switchfoot visited Scott & Kelli on Friday

Jon and Tim Foreman from Switchfoot were in the studio with Scott & Kelli on Friday to talk about their new CD Hello Hurricane and to wish Scott a very happy birthday. Click the links below to hear the interview.

Jon and Tim Foreman from Switchfoot talk about playing for the troops

The guys from Switchfoot talk about their new CD “Hello Hurricane.”

Listen to the story of "Your Love is a Song"

The guys talk about surfing and sing to Scott for his birthday

Listen as the guys talk about the theme of their CD and the song "Always"

Jon & Tim talk about touring overseas

The guys talk about how they came to design shoes

Listen and Jon & Tim talk about the floods in Nashville

4/30/2010 10:51:17 PM
Elizabeth Evans United States
Elizabeth Evans
Happy Belated Birthday, Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [yeah, that much!]
4/30/2010 11:14:54 PM
Connie Reidel United States
Connie Reidel
Thank you for having so much on your program. Just wanted to comment on the concert in our little town, Crescent City, CA. We had the Natalie Grant tour with Phil Stacy and Britt Necole in concert last night. It was a bendfit concert for a friend with cancer,and the house was packed out. All three gave such a message and blessings with songs.
Thank you for playing their music on your programs.
5/1/2010 1:48:20 PM
Ashlyn United States
Ashlyn
I am a junior in highschool, and i have always been very involved in my faith and my youth group. recently i have been struggling at school because my friend from school to accept religion. it has been very hard for me and i had started to feel pretty lonley. Over the weekend i went on this retreat with my church. My youth minister said something that was very touching. She said that "nothing can give you more love then christ. even if you persecuted he will always be there. Those who are hurting can feel his love deeper." It made me gain courage and it was just very touching. Even though this didn't happen on make a difference monday, my youth minister still made a difference in my life. she gave me hope.
5/2/2010 5:30:07 PM
Amy United States
Amy
Jon and Tim Foreman are my two favorite people!!!
5/23/2010 9:31:35 AM
Sandy Mayer United States
Sandy Mayer
im an avid fan of this two.. yohoooo!...

happy bday scott!

sandy
Wacky pet names!
Jun 17 2010

Wacky pet names!

A list of the top 50 wackiest pet names came out today. Top names: Pickle Von Corndog for dogs and Purr Diem for cats! Other names include Bing Clawsby and Virginia Woof! Got any crazy pet names? What are they?

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (219) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

6/7/2010 6:58:22 PM
Rhonda Pearson United States
Rhonda Pearson
We have a cat Pitter Patter Pearson
6/7/2010 6:58:38 PM
Regan United States
Regan
I had a friend who had a dog names D-O-G!!!! Say it fast it sounds better!!
6/7/2010 6:59:09 PM
MJ Hachler United States
MJ Hachler
I have 4 cats but one I call Bootiekanishladish....
6/7/2010 6:59:18 PM
Matt United States
Matt
We named our dog dungy... after Tony Dungy, the old head coach of the Colts. My uncle call our dog Caldwell, after the Colts new head coach, Jim Caldwell. : )
6/7/2010 6:59:20 PM
Vickie United States
Vickie
We have a Boston terrier.  We knew he needed a golf name because of our love of the game.  We also knew his name had to start with "B".  So we named him Bagger, as in Bagger Vance.  It really fits. him

Vickie
6/7/2010 6:59:32 PM
Shayla Norman United States
Shayla Norman
My husband decided to name our dogs Cheese and Gravy because he says that everything is better with cheese and gravy!  Our friends think we are crazy but we love them to pieces Smile
6/7/2010 6:59:46 PM
Chris Vaughan United States
Chris Vaughan
One of my dog's names is bighead.  Our oldest dog had 6 puppies and we could think of names for all but one, who had a bighead, so we decided to call her bighead until we thought of another name.  Needless to say, bighead stuck.
6/7/2010 6:59:47 PM
MJ Hachler United States
MJ Hachler
I have 4 cats but the head of my house is called Bootiekanishladish....
6/7/2010 7:00:06 PM
Amy United States
Amy
My brother's cat's name in is U.E. (Ugly ear) Idgit, and my friends hound dog's name is Dumpster.
6/7/2010 7:00:07 PM
Shelley United States
Shelley
We had a Dalmation named Mr. Pud E Dawg.  He passed away a few years ago but still gets mail from catalog companies!  He used to get mail from AARP!
6/7/2010 7:00:07 PM
Georgelle Crist United States
Georgelle Crist
My cat's name is PennDot. The humane society where we got her said that PennDot (PA Dept of Transportation) workers brought her in. She jumped on the back of their truck while working on a job. So they named her that and my husband and I kept her name the same because it has a story. Smile
6/7/2010 7:00:13 PM
Mary Z. United States
Mary Z.
we have had a cat named Mouse, hermit crabs named Orville and Wilbur (named after the Wright brothers), a mouse named Simon, a goldfish named Laura (after Laura Ingles Wilder, author of Little House in the Big Woods, etc.) and a cat named Bruce (after the shark in Finding Nemo).
6/7/2010 7:00:13 PM
Lori United States
Lori
My son named is Doberman "Paul".  He read it on a list of "names you NEVER hear for a pet", and 2 years before he even had a dog, he pre-named is dobie, Paul.  =)
6/7/2010 7:00:16 PM
TONI MATLOCK United States
TONI MATLOCK
Haha! I gots a good one! My 15 yr old daughter just got a gray kitten and named it Belly Button Lint! How's that for wacky? We also have a pickapoo named Princess Zeta. We LOVVVVEEE KLOVE btw!
6/7/2010 7:00:16 PM
Jenifer United States
Jenifer
I had a cat named Miss. Kitty. She lived for 16yrs! I also had a Min Pin Dog that was named Pincher.
6/7/2010 7:00:22 PM
Teresa United States
Teresa
You may find this heard to believe, but I have a cousin who has a pet hog (500 plus pounds).  His name is Jimmy Dean!!!  He comes when she calls him.  It's hilarious. (We always have called her Ellie May from the Beverly Hillbillies) Love your show!!
6/7/2010 7:00:24 PM
Debra Bothof United States
Debra Bothof
One of my dogs is named Shoodles and my other is Angel
6/7/2010 7:00:54 PM
Julie United States
Julie
As a teenager, one of my dear friends had a cat named "Ooo, Ahh, Wow, Groovy, Awesome, Cool"  Needless to say we called him "Coolie Kitty" for short.  She also had a Cleo-catra.
6/7/2010 7:01:03 PM
Ashley Buhrts United States
Ashley Buhrts
We named our little male yorkshire terrior, ''whatever'' His dog tags say whatever on them, and when people ask what his name is we say, ''ooh whatever'' Smile
6/7/2010 7:01:17 PM
Cliff Farley United States
Cliff Farley
My best friend named his dog dee-oh-gee it was amazing how many people didn't get it.  Sounds japanese was the most common comment.

Cliff
6/7/2010 7:01:18 PM
Nancy Crabtree United States
Nancy Crabtree
We named our last cat Muzbe as in "must be" crazy to get another cat.  She has turned out to be a great cat and since then we have had two more adpot us - what can you do?  We cannot bear the thought of them being put down!  I love you guys!!
6/7/2010 7:01:42 PM
Lexii United States
Lexii
cat name is Kookie and kookoo for short
6/7/2010 7:01:49 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
I had a Blue Point Siamese and her name was Oyster after Blue Point Oysters.  Great CAT!!!
6/7/2010 7:01:52 PM
Lexii United States
Lexii
cat name is Kookie and kookoo for short
6/7/2010 7:02:08 PM
Leslyn United States
Leslyn
We always give different names: KinkoCat aka Luke, the Sneaky Weasel.  Tommie aka Geoff the Giant Gergil.  Dolly aka Betty the Barn Owl.  (her face looks like a barn owl.)
6/7/2010 7:02:20 PM
Aaron Archer United States
Aaron Archer
dog name

DeOHGE   sounded out as D O G
6/7/2010 7:02:33 PM
Patricia United States
Patricia
I have 6 cats - all rescued. I have 3 good names. One is Disney, Hefner and Simmons (cause he was born on my NEW simmons mattress
6/7/2010 7:02:36 PM
Brondalyn Riley United States
Brondalyn Riley
New someone with a 3 legged dog named tri-pod.
6/7/2010 7:02:45 PM
Shannon United States
Shannon
Our cat's name is Liberty Belle.  She was born on 9-11.  We call her Belle.
6/7/2010 7:03:00 PM
Kelly Tourscher United States
Kelly Tourscher
My son had a three legged rabbit named Tripod.
6/7/2010 7:03:17 PM
Shaunda United States
Shaunda
my little sis had a white cat and we named her "dandruff" Smile
6/7/2010 7:03:20 PM
Darlene Holland United States
Darlene Holland
Our cats names are Priscilla and Aquilla from Acts 18.
6/7/2010 7:03:39 PM
Sheila United States
Sheila
Being the avid "Rocky" movie fans that we are, we named our Shih-Tzu "Rocky Bow-wow-a (Balboa)" Smile
Sheila
6/7/2010 7:03:40 PM
Alyson Short United States
Alyson Short
My cat loves to cling to you- her name is Velcro- it really matches her personality.
6/7/2010 7:03:52 PM
Guy United States
Guy
We work in a bad end of town.  There is a labrador that runs around the area.  I call it Meth.  Fits in with the area.  Meth-lab.
6/7/2010 7:04:10 PM
Ana United States
Ana
We named one of our cats Sgt. Boscco.  We got the cat while my dad was in the National Guard on a peace keeping mission in Bosnia.  My Dad was a Sgt. in the Guard, he was in Bosnia and he part of the Charlie Company while he was there...rather ingenious on my Mother's part I think. =)
6/7/2010 7:04:16 PM
Lisa Ridgway United States
Lisa Ridgway
We used to have two cats.  One was named Kit and the other Kaboodle.  So we had Kit 'N Kaboodle.
6/7/2010 7:04:19 PM
Sherry Brofft United States
Sherry Brofft
I had a cat when I was young, her name was Cephor.  As in, "C for cat."
6/7/2010 7:04:21 PM
Tani United States
Tani
I have a 6 year old English Bulldog whose name is Dakota von Steffen The Dutchess of Pork!  But we call her Dakota for short.
6/7/2010 7:04:33 PM
Kara Hood United States
Kara Hood
When I was a kid we got a baby guinea pig.  Her mom's name was Charlotte and her dad's name was Wilber, so we named her Charber.
6/7/2010 7:04:36 PM
johnny
johnny
Count Dogula and sandy claws
6/7/2010 7:04:38 PM
Brittani United States
Brittani
A lossapoo named Charles BARKley Smile
6/7/2010 7:04:39 PM
Jeannie United States
Jeannie
I had two cats recently who had some strange names. Or so I thought.  One was named Sasquatch.  We called him foots.  He had big feet although his mouth was even bigger.  LOL  but the las one I had was named Sneaker.  Because he used to hide in the igloo shaped liter box and when he thought my dogs weren't looking he would sneak out and creep along the baseboards.  LOL Thus the name Sneaker.  LOL
6/7/2010 7:04:42 PM
Catherine Nissen United States
Catherine  Nissen
We had a hamster that got into a little hamster accident and lost her little foot ... so we got her all fixed up and back home and re-named her Peggy and called her "Peg Leg" for short Smile
6/7/2010 7:04:58 PM
Kelsey Hedrick United States
Kelsey Hedrick
We had some baby skunks and one we named Mr. Boofhead because of his big fluffy head
6/7/2010 7:05:07 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
My brother in law has a three-legged cat named Trip, which of course is short for Tripod, but both are funny!
6/7/2010 7:05:24 PM
Debbi United States
Debbi
My Yor/Poo/Chi name is Puddin'Pup
6/7/2010 7:05:31 PM
Maryrose United States
Maryrose
Growing up on the farm, we had 27 cats (it was a large farm and they were all outdoor cats, of course).  Some favorite names:
- Pink Lady Lemonade
- Mr. Sugar Lips
- Slinky MaLinky
- Mr. Tom Tom
Smile
I miss those cats
6/7/2010 7:05:39 PM
Brandi United States
Brandi
I have a set of black labs (male/female) and we named them Bonnie and Clyde.  We also had 2 female cats named Mary and Martha.  My friend named her cats Ham & Beans
6/7/2010 7:06:16 PM
Cole C United States
Cole C
Sir Barks A-Lot
6/7/2010 7:06:30 PM
Joseph United States
Joseph
Some of my friends had a 3 legged dog who when sitting would kind of tilt over a bit so they named him ILENE, it was pretty funny and he's still a good dog.
6/7/2010 7:06:49 PM
Paul D'Ambra
Paul D'Ambra
We have two pets with crazy names:

1. "Kink" is our cat with a crooked tail. He has three kinks in his tail

2. "Po-Po" is our guinea pig. We took him home after he was abandoned at the police station I work at.
6/7/2010 7:06:58 PM
Donnarae Saenz United States
Donnarae Saenz
Hello Scott and Kelly!  Thank you for all your work.  I always enjoy hearing you as it truly brightens my day.  I have two cats that are both black.  The first is a male cat that is 3 years old and his name is Shush-Yaz Monster Jump Saenz.  My mother would not allow me to name him Monster as that was the kind of personality he had when he was a baby.  However, his claws look like claws of a bear so I gave him the name Shush-Yaz which means little bear in Navajo.  I also had to include Monster and Chump because he is.

My little female cat who is 4 years old may be small but has a lot of fire in her.  I gave her an African name that means "he who greats with fire" becuase she does.  Her name is Entwylamayla Chismosa King Kong Saenz.  Chismosa is a spanish word for a girl who gets into everything even when it is not her business.  She does just that.  She gets is into everything and she acts like she is King Kong.

There you have it.  These are the names of my two babies.  Have a bless day!!!

Donnarae Saenz
Albuquerque, NM
6/7/2010 7:07:35 PM
Melissa Williamson United States
Melissa Williamson
My husband and I have twin girls and a son.  2 weeks ago 3 stray kittens turned up at our home and we decided to keep them. Two of the kittens look alike and one is different.  I wanted names for them that would roll off the tongue easy.  Therefore, there names became: Shama, Lama, Ding-Dong!
6/7/2010 7:07:35 PM
Megan United States
Megan
I have a yellow tang ( tropical fish) and his name is Big Bird! Then I have a star fish whose name is Jessie Brown Pound, it a name of a composer of a hymn on the baptist hymnal. We thought it was a funny name so we used it for the star fish!
6/7/2010 7:07:42 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
my grandmother got a dog 10 years ago and named her Bella - then a year ago she got another one and asked me what to name her.  We named her Notte.  So now she has Bella Notte (from Disney's Lady and the Tramp.)
6/7/2010 7:07:53 PM
Alyson Short United States
Alyson Short
We rescued a bloodhound female a few years ago- we did not know she was pregnant. Three weeks later, she had puppies- only one survived. We named her Bearleigh, because she barely survived. She is still one of our pets. Bearleigh's mom Daisy died a couple of years ago from kidney failure.
6/7/2010 7:08:02 PM
michelle United States
michelle
My aunt and uncle have a sweet three-legged cat.  Her name is Ilene.  I felt slow since I had to repeat the name a few times slowly to myself... (I lean)

My boys and I are having a fun roadtrip to visit family.  Enjoying your show!
6/7/2010 7:08:09 PM
Tom Nicholas United States
Tom Nicholas
We nick-named our dog Taffie, "Taffie-oka" AKA
"Puddin' Pup"
6/7/2010 7:08:27 PM
Duane United States
Duane
We had a cat - another member of the family really - named 'Conway Kitty' and a beagle dog named 'Harry Barker'.  Harry and Conway would take turns chasing the other around the yard.
6/7/2010 7:08:27 PM
Brandi United States
Brandi
we have a set of black labs (male/female) and we named them Bonnie and Clyde.
6/7/2010 7:08:29 PM
Paula United States
Paula
My dog is titled Hollingsworth's Maximus. hehe
We have a yellow kitten who somehow got hold of green food coloring, we ended up with a green and gold cat. Being a devoted Green Bay Packer fan, we named it Cheesehead. LOL
Past pets we have owned have been:
Frisbee
Count Catula (black kitten loved to claw and draw blood)
Sir Goofus Amongus
6/7/2010 7:08:41 PM
Leah United States
Leah
we have a silky terrier name Mighty Madeline Mini. She is small and mighty... we call her Maddie for short.
6/7/2010 7:08:59 PM
Colin Heaton United States
Colin Heaton
From Hot Springs, AR. I have a friend with a one eyed dog that wears a patch. They named it Captain Jack.
6/7/2010 7:09:10 PM
Amy United States
Amy
I got a weiner dog about 3 years ago and not thinking about the outcome, named him Hawk.  A few days later the pun hit me and now we call him HawkDog!
6/7/2010 7:10:14 PM
Alex stafford United States
Alex stafford
my dogs are named Cosmo(jack russel mix) and Abby(black lab)  but cosmo's nickname is Cosimoto and Abby's is Abby-Daby-Doo! when I'm trying to get her excited. it works every timeSmile
6/7/2010 7:10:25 PM
Maddi Harvey United States
Maddi Harvey
We had a cat named Picatsso. She was a calico so she looked like art. so we named her picatsso instead of picasso.
6/7/2010 7:10:28 PM
Tamara United States
Tamara
Our neighbor has a donkey named Burt.  But Burt loves company and so anytime we are outside he comes to the fence and brays at us so we will come pet/feed him.  However, since he is not our donkey, but the neighbor's I call him "Neighburt".
6/7/2010 7:10:51 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
My grandmother had a cat called Piewacket. You KNEW you were in trouble if you got called that!
6/7/2010 7:12:13 PM
Buggy United States
Buggy
We had three canaries named Fannie, Mae, and Lovechunk.
6/7/2010 7:14:56 PM
Renee McDaniel United States
Renee McDaniel
Every year we get holiday pet pictures taken at our local Vetrinary Teaching Hospital. You have the option to have holiday cards done also. When I went to pick my photos up this year, a lady ahead of me was deciding what to put on her card. She had a boa constrictor snake. His name you ask? "Julius Squeezer".
6/7/2010 7:15:20 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
I had a bunny named Calikahmocha...she was brown and white and black and creamy.....she looked like a mocha drink and was a calico...so yeah...we called her "fu fu" for short...Little bunny fufu
6/7/2010 7:15:21 PM
Karleen United States
Karleen
We had a dog named Sparklemonkey, a cat named Scissorclaws, a wiener dog named Peanut Wiggle Butt, a bird named Toblerone, and a dog named Arf
6/7/2010 7:15:26 PM
Jessie United States
Jessie
My son has a hamster named Taco. And when my son was little, we had an albino cat with one green eye & one blue eye named Jar Jar Binx.
6/7/2010 7:16:02 PM
ken United States
ken
We have a Labradoodle named Curly Cuddles, just last week we lost our 15yr old cat named Handsome.
6/7/2010 7:16:17 PM
D Cole United States
D Cole
We have a chihuahua named pancake.
6/7/2010 7:16:43 PM
Karleen United States
Karleen
We had a skunk named Mr. Boofhead
6/7/2010 7:16:54 PM
Brooke United States
Brooke
We have 2 Shih Tzus with the names Sushi and Geisha. People look at us weird when we call them. My husband also named his parents Shih Tzu "Dot Com" because she had a black dot on her face when she was a puppy.
6/7/2010 7:17:38 PM
Julie United States
Julie
My step-daughter almost got a pot bellied pig a few weeks ago and she already had the name picked out...Mushu.
6/7/2010 7:17:40 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
A friends dog is named Dewey but for short he goes by "fat head"
6/7/2010 7:17:57 PM
Karen United States
Karen
We have a cat we call Roswell, because his eyes look just like the Roswell alien when he stares at you a certain way.  I had friends that had a kitten called Marybabybreathsucker.
6/7/2010 7:18:32 PM
Jullianne Waldrop United States
Jullianne Waldrop
I got a new kitten and we named it paka ya mzungu which means white man's cat in swahili
6/7/2010 7:18:45 PM
van w. United States
van w.
Our dog was named asariah artaxerxes.  We called him arty for short. No one could pronounce his name.
6/7/2010 7:21:26 PM
Karleen United States
Karleen
I made the mistake of letting my husband name our last dog... He named it Bedhead. I will never let him name our dogs ever again!!
6/7/2010 7:21:34 PM
cary routon United States
cary routon
I had and American Eskimo dog they are white and fluffy.  My husband was upset about me getting the dog and threaten to use him as a q-tip and that is what we ended up naming the dog and him and my husband ended up the best of freinds.
6/7/2010 7:22:09 PM
Gregg United States
Gregg
We adopted a cute kitten almost 4-years ago now.  Her name is Roadie.  Roadie was rescued from, as you may guess, the middle of a road.  She was an infant kitten and we do not know how she got there, but the family that found her originally named her Taffy, but one of their young children started calling her Roadie because they found her in the road.
6/7/2010 7:22:47 PM
Karleen United States
Karleen
We named our hamster shut up... People who ask what her name is get mad when we tell them...=)
6/7/2010 7:23:09 PM
Gina United States
Gina
My husband and I have a kitten named Wicket, who is the Ewok from Star Wars!
6/7/2010 7:23:14 PM
Bart Chisenhall United States
Bart Chisenhall
I have two cats, one that is white and the other that is black - I named the white one Pepper and the black one Salt
6/7/2010 7:23:37 PM
Cj United States
Cj
I have a cat name MrFishBaites His name fits him He dont eat fish oe seafood of any kind Got him 4 years ago went to pet store to buy fish cam home with a cat name Baites Now name MrFishBaites
6/7/2010 7:23:41 PM
Deana United States
Deana
My 9 year old named her turtle Miss Shell (instead of Michelle)Smile
6/7/2010 7:23:47 PM
Emily S United States
Emily S
I really wanted to name my new dog, "Grandma".  Just for the fun of training her, "Grandma.  DO NOT pee in the house!"  "Grandma, hurry and and do your business then come inside, it's raining."  "Grandma, do not jump on our visitor... don't sniff them either."  My mom vetoed the dog name...
6/7/2010 7:24:15 PM
Kristin United States
Kristin
I have 2 cats "Ross and Rachel" from my favorite show of all time, Friends!
6/7/2010 7:24:57 PM
Barry United States
Barry
I don't have a pet right now, but my next dog might be named Bob Barker.
6/7/2010 7:24:59 PM
Beth United States
Beth
I had a Siamese Fighting fish. They are also known as Bettas (pronounced beta).  I named him VHS. (Younger listeners won't get it)
6/7/2010 7:25:08 PM
Paul United States
Paul
My English Bull Dog is named Tugg Boat.  I adopted him, but the name fits!
6/7/2010 7:25:14 PM
Elizabeth United States
Elizabeth
We have a pet refrigerator named MONSTER...its huge Smile
6/7/2010 7:25:18 PM
Natalie Bustad United States
Natalie Bustad
We had a cat named Bubba before I came into the picture... really the only thing unusual about him was that he was 23 pounds!
6/7/2010 7:25:50 PM
Keagen United States
Keagen
We named our Yorkie Knarly Dude.... The funny thing is we trained him to surf a few years later!! =)
6/7/2010 7:25:58 PM
Duane United States
Duane
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that our oldest son had a chick he named 'Over Easy'.  Turned out to be a bad name choice as one of our cats tried to have Over Easy for lunch.Frown

6/7/2010 7:26:02 PM
Dayla United States
Dayla
I have a jack russell terrier-mix and her name is "Cuppycake Gumdrop".  My family has since acquired a black & white shih-tzu named Lexi and we added "Lollipop" as her middle name.  They are both very sweet but extremely rotten!!!
Thanks for all the fun - ya'll are very uplifting!!!
6/7/2010 7:26:17 PM
Cameron United States
Cameron
I have a Male Chihuahua named Gir
My sister's cat is called Luna and last cat was Wiggles
6/7/2010 7:26:24 PM
Renee' Bridges United States
Renee' Bridges
We once found a kitten who was the skinniest, scrawniest thing you ever saw and our son who was about 4 at the time upon seeing him named him "Big Fat Man". It took us awhile but he lived up to his name.
6/7/2010 7:28:00 PM
Zelda Boleware United States
Zelda Boleware
Well i luv all those wackey names we have three dogs my moms dogs name is DUTCHES my dads dogs name is GRUNT because she grunts when she is scratching herself or when shes bein petted my dogs name is LIL GIRL shes a shepherd collie because shes a sweet heart.
6/7/2010 7:29:10 PM
Kammie United States
Kammie
We inherited a dog when we bought our ranch 13 years ago. Her name was Jezzabelle. We wondered why until one day we woke up and there were 50 or more dogs in our front yard one morning. Needless to say we realized where her name came from and we took her straight to the vet. She is coyote and chow and we still have her. She is 15 years old and the best dog ever. We call her Jezzi for short. she is now retired from the ranch as we moved back into town.
6/7/2010 7:29:12 PM
Debbie United States
Debbie
My parents have two dogs and named them....
Schnoodles and Doodles
6/7/2010 7:29:13 PM
Samantha United States
Samantha
My family has had several pets with funny names. A few of whch are "No-name" and "Guess". But more recently my Beagle had puppies a little over 5 weeks ago and we decided that even though we aren't keeping all of them that for the time being we should name them accordingly. Their names are as follows: Fatso, Mo (she has a cow lick so it's like a mohawk), Lady, Prince Charming, Rocky, and Surprise. =]
6/7/2010 7:29:14 PM
Leanne Canada
Leanne
My friend has a big german shepard and they named it kitty. you should see peoples reactions when they call his name in the park and he comes runny. they expect a small kitten but its a huge dog! priceless.
6/7/2010 7:29:18 PM
Nicki United States
Nicki
I don't actually named this, but The President, would a great name for a pet. Imagine saying "I have to go now. The President is pobably hungry and needs a walk!"
6/7/2010 7:29:20 PM
Debbie
Debbie
My parents have two dogs and named them....
Schnoodles and Doodles
6/7/2010 7:30:08 PM
Skittles United States
Skittles
My mom has always had clever names for her animals. Growing up she had a cat she named Boyfriend so when anyone asked if she had a boyfriend she could say yes and they'd drop the subject. My dad is a huge star wars fan so after they got married they got a dog and they named her Millie, short for Millenium Falcon, and a completely black cat named Vader, for Darth Vader of course. So when our cat had kittens I named two of them Peeka and Boo, and later, when I got my border collie I named her Hollie and our black and white kitten Ivy because I just love Christmas and always think of the Holly and Ivy.
6/7/2010 7:30:39 PM
Jordan United States
Jordan
My nieghbor has a male pittbull.His name: Brutis.
6/7/2010 7:30:53 PM
Leah Morse United States
Leah Morse
We have 2 dogs that we named Story (Never Ending Story) and Legend (Mywatch Legend never ends)  and Story was bred to a dog named Hero.  The resulting litter born on memorial day this year we decided to temporarily name the puppies with names and words that result from the Stories of Heros.  The names we have come up with are Sully (Captian Chelsea Sullenberger who saved the plane after a birdstrike in the Hudson River) Amelia (Amelia Earhart), Sampson (sampson and delilah), Orion (Greek Mythology), Cassie (Cassie Bernall who was killed in the columbine high school massacre), King (Martin Luther King), Amos (bible prophet), Venture (most hero stories are ventures), Hercules (greek myth), Journey (the name of our church and of course most heros make a journey and also , this puppy will help fund our video venue that we are setting up to go to rural communities that do not have churces in eastern Colorado).

6/7/2010 7:31:38 PM
Katie United States
Katie
Okay, ours don't get very weird, but for a while, all our pets names started with "S"..
As in,
Skamper (dog)
Sassi (cat)
Smoeki (smokey, cat)
Sissi (cat)
Slipper (fish)

Now we've got different pets,
Skamper, Sassi, Jethro (haha, beverly hilbillies), Jasten (Jazzy), and as sad as it is, Slipper died last month. RIP.

Now, my cousin has multiple 'pets'.. she names everything in her house.. and she's 22... She has three pillows on her couch named Cecil Jacobs, Mercutio, and Coconut Dreamer... Go figure...

I would have to say, Jethro would be the wackiest out of all of those... I'm naming my next cat either Jethrine or Ellie Mae!!
6/7/2010 7:31:47 PM
Leah Morse United States
Leah Morse
The above mentioned litter (Hero Stories) can be seen at www.rmclassiccanine.com/.../Available_Puppies.html
6/7/2010 7:32:54 PM
Mona United States
Mona
Our dog Jack has several nicknames...I started calling him "Tinky" when he needed a bath but didnt' want to say he was stinky & now I find myself calling him Tinky more than his actualy name Jack...he answers to both names now =) my husband calls him "Swamp Thing" usually when our dog hears that name he runs and hides...when I call him "Tinky" he thinks I'm just playing with him lol...he never saw the bath coming lol. =)
6/7/2010 7:33:23 PM
Ryan B. United States
Ryan B.
I have a 10 wk old shi tzu lhasa apso mix puppy that we named MEGATRON! And his dog tag is a the decpticon symbol.
6/7/2010 7:34:21 PM
Kenzie Harvey United States
Kenzie Harvey
A few years back, our cat (miss. kitty) had 5 kittens. and we named them all after hostess snack cakes. Twinkie, Ho Ho, Ding Dong, Suzy Q, and Sno Ball.. Smile
6/7/2010 7:34:33 PM
Natalia Kutny United States
Natalia Kutny
hamster with the name legolas!
6/7/2010 7:34:38 PM
Colin Heaton United States
Colin Heaton
My aunt named their dog Mo(hawk) because it had a big whit stripe down it's back. That name came from my 4 year old cousin.
6/7/2010 7:34:40 PM
Karen United States
Karen
We have six cats in our current generation of cats - Mocha, Toby, Callie, Princess, Spunky and Samuel Jacob (first/middle names cause he used to get into so much trouble!)  However, in our first generation of cats we had Chessie, Blackberry and Pandora. Pandora was an all-white kitty. When my son was a toddler he couldn't pronounce "Pandora" and would call her "Panna".  Because she was all white we nicknamed her "Panna White" Smile
6/7/2010 7:36:06 PM
Kandace Eck United States
Kandace Eck
Currently we have a chicken named Eat, my son's preschool hatched some chicken eggs and named it that, we won the chicks. I used to have a dog named Penguin cause it was black with white on its chest, also a Saint Bernard named L. B. ( abbreviated for Large Butt) and a dog named Lumpy cause he had a lump on its head. We are the family of weird pet names.
6/7/2010 7:38:45 PM
Deanna United States
Deanna
We have a stray dog in our neighborhood that my youth leader has named Boofer because he says that the dog will wait until he(my youth leader) is almost asleep and get right under his window and go BOOOOOFER!!!! So far the attempts of my youth leader to catch Boofer and take him to the pound have failed.
6/7/2010 7:39:24 PM
linda jackson United States
linda jackson
i have a dog whose name is yetti..he is half black lab and half great peraneese. and my cat is little bit.
6/7/2010 7:39:30 PM
Tiffany United States
Tiffany
I just got a puppy recently and his name is Noodle. Everyone laughs when I tell them the name.
6/7/2010 7:40:14 PM
lorene United States
lorene
we had a light orange tabby that my husband named "Rigga Morris".
6/7/2010 7:40:25 PM
christina Ronsonet United States
christina Ronsonet
Growing up, my brother's friends' family had a dog who came running up to me one day. I said, "Oh he's so cute, what's his name?" He said an asian sounding name pronounced 'dee-OH-jee' with pronunciation on the OH. I said, that's an interesting name, how do you spell it? He said, "just like it sounds... D O G!" Can you believe it???
6/7/2010 7:42:34 PM
Becky United States
Becky
Our cat had kittens and one was black and white. My son was 5 at the time had an imaginary black and white dog he named DaMoreNite so it was perfect. I like how unusual it is and that he got to name his cat (after his dog).
6/7/2010 7:43:07 PM
Maddi United States
Maddi
A few years ago, we had an english bulldog. and my mom named her falyce.
on christmas morning, we would sing
"falyce harvey dog, falyce harvey dog" in the tune of "feliz navidad".
sounded almost exactly the same. it was always a hit. Laughing
6/7/2010 7:45:05 PM
Rebekah Piotrowski United States
Rebekah Piotrowski
Me and my family have a dog named kasey (girl). She is an engish grayhound (or a whipet wh-ip-et GO PETS AND ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/7/2010 7:45:55 PM
Danae United States
Danae
I worked at an animal shelter and we got a dog in with a tilted head so we named her Ilene, but my boss was angry about that so we can to change her name to Irene.
6/7/2010 7:46:00 PM
Serenity Nunez United States
Serenity Nunez
I do not have a ct but if I did the wierdest thing I would name him would be SMILLEY SUNNEY FRITZZUMITS.
6/7/2010 7:54:23 PM
Jane United States
Jane
Our cat's name is Saucey Paws. She likes to put her paw in the food and make a mess with it.
Jane (8 years old).
6/7/2010 7:55:01 PM
Susie Waugh United States
Susie Waugh
My adorable miniture dachshund's name is OLIVE LUCY (I LOVE LUCY).
6/7/2010 7:56:25 PM
Rebekah United States
Rebekah
My dog is named TeaTone.  Now we call him teddy but that was a really weird name!
6/7/2010 8:07:52 PM
Sherry Fender United States
Sherry Fender
We have a toy poodle named Sophie Noodle.  Our grandaughters then aged 3 and 5 chose the names and we put them together.  (Noodle was better than broccoli.)  They didn't know at the time she was a poodle...thought Sophie Noodle the poodle was pretty cute!
6/7/2010 8:10:12 PM
Margot United States
Margot
We always had dogs.  When we got a cat instead, I let my son chose a name.  He suggested "Fido". Then he added: "Mom, if you think about it "Fido" is the best name a cat in a dog loving household could have.
6/7/2010 8:16:05 PM
Elisabeth and Rebekah Mullins United States
Elisabeth and Rebekah Mullins
We named our dog "monday" Because he came to us on a monday almost 2 years ago.
6/7/2010 8:21:34 PM
Leandra United States
Leandra
I call my cats really weird names like, boobinkies, cudionker, shumbikees, pingy, spwishy, tiggy wiggy, and so many more, they just come out!
6/8/2010 1:30:39 AM
Abby United States
Abby
Our two dogs names are Biscuit which is a Maltzu (maltese-shih tzu mix) and Cocoa which is a Morkie (maltese-yorkie mix), but there full names are Biscuit Carmel Mocha and Cocoa Moo Moo. Biscuit got his name from the colors of his fur when he was a puppy and Cocoa got her name because it sounded good.
6/8/2010 1:39:03 AM
Roberta Ash United States
Roberta Ash
We used to have a yellow striped tabby. His name was Dan D. Lion.  Like the yellow flower!!
6/8/2010 1:56:14 AM
Elaine Fultz United States
Elaine Fultz
We have 3 cats, our "girls" are named Coalette (she came from a coal mine), Gizmo and Socks. We have a boston terrier we inherited when our son moved out named Riley.  We also feed several neighborhood cats (yes, we are suckers) and yes we have named some of them: Skeeter, Braveheart, Sampson, Momma kitty, weepy, tigger, crinkles (she has a crinkled ear), funny face and bear.
6/8/2010 1:57:05 AM
Vina Rentz United States
Vina Rentz
My son named our dog MAC, short for mac and cheese.  I tried to get him to name the cat Cheese.  I named her Baby Girl.   Sadly Mac was hit by a car. I had him put to sleep.  Thank you for the remainders every day.  I need it, being unemployed is not fun.
6/8/2010 2:02:37 AM
christie United States
christie
Brown dwarf hamster named Nugget Smile
6/8/2010 2:11:04 AM
Beth Armstrong United States
Beth Armstrong
My 8 year old son has wanted a cat more than anything in this world, but is highly allergic to them.  He has been taking allergy shots for 2 years now, and the doctor has granted permission for him to get a cat! We recently found 2 siamese mixes at the local animal shelter, one boy and one girl, so my daughter and I surprised him with the two of them! She named hers Violet, and we all waited to see what Jake would name his.  After a day of thinking, he came up with the perfect name! His cat is named "Skipito Bandito Bumbelito Freskito"! (He spelled it for me!) So, now we have Lilly (lab), Balto (husky), Rufus and Mr. Speedy (rats), along with Violet and Skipito Bandito Bumbelito Freskito! (Jake refuses to call him by his nickname, but we all call him Skippy!)
6/8/2010 2:15:45 AM
Paula United States
Paula
My dog is a little shih-tzu, the oriental breed. Her name is Michoo Bishy, after the foreign made sporty car!
6/8/2010 2:33:08 AM
Salina Scorsone United States
Salina Scorsone
We have a rescue dog that's so cute...but not even the vet knows how many breeds or exactly what she is...so we guessed she has at least 23 flavors so we named her "Dr. Pepper"
6/8/2010 2:36:41 AM
John LaRive United States
John LaRive
I had a dog named Chieftain of the Nile.  Since I was in the Navy, it was awkward and funny at times calling my dog Chief for short while in the company of the Chiefs in my command.
6/8/2010 2:39:24 AM
Kathy United States
Kathy
My daughter is a Veterinarian in Cleveland, OH.  She has shared the names of some of her patients with me over the years and two of my favorites are:

Male Dog named - Doogie (family name is Bowser)

Female Dog named - Mammy (family name is Graham)

Cat named Forrest was renamed after a serious accident required amputation of part of one of it's legs.  New name - Forrest Stump.
6/8/2010 3:14:35 AM
Tammy United States
Tammy
We have an orange tabby cat named "Cheddar." We also have a 9 month old basset hound named "Frodo" (big ears and big feet - short body) :0)

Tammy
6/8/2010 3:15:29 AM
Steph Canada
Steph
A rabbit named Stu! =)
6/8/2010 3:16:21 AM
Jessica United States
Jessica
The second I moved to Hawaii I decided I needed a companion!  The humane society had a kitten room and the moment I sat down this little fur ball currled up on my lap.  He was so cuite that it took me a moment to realize that something was not quite right with him... his tail stopped growing after about two inches, but I just loved so I didn't care and took him home with me!  His name has since been Bob Cat because his tail has the same shape as the wild bob cat!
6/8/2010 3:18:12 AM
Toni Dugo United States
Toni Dugo

We had a German Shepherd, he weighed about 130 lbs.  He was a watch dog, so we named him Seiko.  Get it?
6/8/2010 3:18:22 AM
Valerie United States
Valerie
We adopted a rabbit named Thumper but renamed him Lord Worthington Duke of Thump. Much more dignified sounding.
6/8/2010 3:18:59 AM
Nevera United States
Nevera
My husband named our cat Nuisance.  We love him but he did turn out to be a bully, so the name fits him well.
6/8/2010 3:21:10 AM
William Harrington United States
William Harrington
My Best friend and I have two fish we named Sauce and Fillet.
6/8/2010 3:21:25 AM
Brandie United States
Brandie
I have three yorkies. Trooper, Reece Cup and their pup June Bug   Smile
6/8/2010 3:21:47 AM
Laura United States
Laura
We had 2 parakeets when I was a kid.  They looked exactly the same.  We named them Bert and Ernie.  Eventually one died, and we called the one that was left "Bernie".  Tong
6/8/2010 3:21:51 AM
Craig United States
Craig
I have a friend who had three pigs he kept for pets.  He named them Pork Chop, Bacon, & Cracklin.
6/8/2010 3:22:15 AM
Paul United States
Paul
Best Dog Name Ever: STAY...Think about it..."Come here, Stay...Come here, Stay!"
6/8/2010 3:22:33 AM
Jacquie Johnson United States
Jacquie Johnson
My husband and I ended up with three cats, all rescued from various sources. We also run a fencing club, olympic sport not white pickets.

Anyway, he always wanted to name a dog ballestra, which is a fencing term for a jumping attack. Since we can't have a dog we transfered our love of fencing ont our cats.

We named our first cat Flesche (proper spelling fleshe/ pronounced fle-shay) which is French for arrow and is a fencing term for a type of attack. When she was a kitten she loved to jump at us with both feet flying through the air like an arrow. Kind of rough early in the morning, she liked to pounce as it were on our heads.

Our second cat is named Glisse (glee-say), also French and means to slide your opponents blade away, fairly appropriate for the second cat.

We named our third cat Tierce (teir-che), which is Italian for three. Unique and yet not at the same time. Fortunately the name is cooler in Italian than in English.

Jacquie
6/8/2010 3:22:56 AM
Cheri Reinke United States
Cheri Reinke
I want to name my dog Martin Woofer
6/8/2010 3:23:06 AM
Don United States
Don
Our family has 4 dogs, all of which have unusual names. Our Yorkie-poo is Kabuki, a type of Japanese theater. We also have an Australian Cattle Dog named Leonidas, after the Spartan King from the battle of Thermopylae. Next comes our West Highland Terrier who is named Yakuza, after the Japanese mafia, and lastly our Cairn Terrier, Fiona, named after the female lead in the Shrek series. No standard pet names for us!
6/8/2010 3:24:37 AM
Ben Palumbo United States
Ben Palumbo
My pet guinea pig's name is "motorcycle" because he runs too fast.
6/8/2010 3:25:40 AM
Julie Strock United States
Julie Strock
Our cat just turned two years old today.  When we got this little kitten, we were mulling over names, and my husband stared down at this tiny little creature, with his orange tiger stripes, and said, I know what we're going to call you.  Aslan!  And it stuck.  He is now our very fluffy, part Himalayan lion, and it suits him to a T!
6/8/2010 3:27:00 AM
Janice Blue United States
Janice Blue
In Misssissippi....I wanted to name my dog Kitty...I thought it would be so cool to call "Here Kitty Kitty Kitty" and have my little schnauzer mix come running but my kids wouldn't here of it so I named her "Zobah" Later the girls got a grey cat and named it mouse...go figure.
6/8/2010 3:27:57 AM
Ira White United States
Ira White
We named our dog MERCY because we found her as a pup on the side of the highway. She has truly been a gift of God to us.

Ira White
Portsmouth VA
6/8/2010 3:28:30 AM
Charlene United States
Charlene
Five years ago for Father's Day, I bought my husband a female Dumerils ground boa, and we named her Feather.  Feather boa, get it?
6/8/2010 3:28:58 AM
Misty United States
Misty
We inherited my husband's childhood cat whose name is Icky Bitty apparently short for Ichabod!
6/8/2010 3:33:59 AM
lindsey United States
lindsey
my cousen has a dog named samsin he is a yellow lab
6/8/2010 3:35:30 AM
Abigail age 16 United States
Abigail age 16
When I was picking up my puppy I was eating a Carmel candy...the puppy I picked out was a carmelish color. So when my mom asked me what I was going to name him Carmel immediately popped into my head. lol. Needless to say he's been called Carmel for the past 5 years.
6/8/2010 3:35:36 AM
Christine United States
Christine
I have a hairless cat named Hairy, name inspired by The Three Stooges.
6/8/2010 3:36:39 AM
Leigh Ross United States
Leigh Ross
My friend was helping a friend move and he was taking her 2 kittens because she could not have animals in her new place. He asked her where they were and she pointed to a box that held the kittens. He ask what their names were but they had not been named. so he named them PURSES AND WINTER SHOES.
6/8/2010 3:36:55 AM
Tiffany United States
Tiffany
I have a small cat we named tank. She thinks she is so big.
6/8/2010 3:38:42 AM
Albert Lucas Jr United States
Albert Lucas Jr
Always wanted a beagle named Regal
6/8/2010 3:40:47 AM
Lydia United States
Lydia
Our high school French teacher had a dog that she called D-O-G, using the French pronuciation for each letter blended together as one word.

Our dog's name is Esther, by the way, and we often refer to her as The Queen. Smile
6/8/2010 3:48:29 AM
Beck Watne United States
Beck Watne
One time when was yong I did NOT know better and I put Huge cat down the lawdry shoot! (Right now he's 20 lbs and we call him Nahaaaaa, puperd, fat-cat and Custerd wich is organal name Smile
6/8/2010 3:49:22 AM
Heather Cincurak United States
Heather Cincurak
I got into a phase where I named my pets with French words.  I once had 2 catfish named Chein (Shee-en) which means dog, and Oasoiux (Wah-Zo) I think thats how its spelled, but anywho, it means bird. So 2 CAT-FISH named Bird and Dog.  Laughing
6/8/2010 3:54:15 AM
Beck Watne United States
Beck Watne
One time I did not kown any better and I put are cat down the lawdery shoot!(Hes ok.) And now he ways in about 20 lbs! We call him Nahaaaaa!, Pippy, Pippypuperd, fat-cat or custerd wich is his original name! Smile
6/8/2010 3:57:36 AM
Heather Cincurak United States
Heather Cincurak
Now, my dad is NOT a cat person, but he had a cat, and against everything we wanted, he named the cat Booger! This cat was practically a dog.  He growled when someone knocked at the door. He liked to be patted HARD on the side of his chest and play rough.  In spite of everything, we got use to his name by calling him Boogey, Boogey Boo, and Boo.

3 monthes later,  I got a white ferret and named him Loogie.  Booger and Loogie were the best of friends! They played together every chance they got. They both lived about 6 years and died within weeks of each other.  My guess is out of sorrow.
6/8/2010 4:12:11 AM
Rachel United States
Rachel
hi my name is rachel and im eleven my kitten's name is archer lord inspired by lord of the rings
6/8/2010 4:14:34 AM
Michael United States
Michael
We originally named my cat Screamer when we got her as a kitten.  She has since been renamed Spaz.  Our oldest daughter had brought home a kitten that she had named Ryku (Ree-ku). I refused to call him that, so I always called him Fleabag.  We also have two Cocker Spaniel puppies, a brother and sister.  The female we named Annabelle (nothing wacky there), and her brother is named Jackson, but when we got them, my wife wanted to name him Tux, because he has a white patch from his chin down his chest that looks like a necktie.  We used to have a Brittany named Muttleigh.
6/8/2010 4:14:49 AM
Rachel United States
Rachel
hi my my name is Rachel and I'm 11 years old.  My kitten's name is Archer Lord inspired by lord of the rings.
6/8/2010 4:23:57 AM
Kelly Patterson United States
Kelly Patterson
I have some friends who's last name is Crow.  They have a dog they named Motley Crow.
6/8/2010 4:24:55 AM
Ashley Marr United States
Ashley Marr
Growing up, I had a pot belly pig as a pet and we named her Tammy Swinette after the country singer Tammy Wynette. Smile
6/8/2010 9:33:12 AM
maria haiducu United States
maria haiducu
i have a cat named pepsi.
we named him that because we found a litter of kittens with a momma cat in the parking lot of a pepsico warehouse. many people that worked there, including my mom, took a couple kittens. because we knew we couldnt just leave them there on a construction site (at the time anyway). so my mom took two kittens, one we named Lucy and the other one Pepsi. i USED TO be able to hold Pepsi in on hand, but now it takes two hands PLUS my arms! now he weighs like 16 pounds! his fur is black with brownish/grayish stripes. he is part maincoon. my sister, Rachel, calls him 'the 2 liter pepsi'.
I LOOOVE PEPSI...(both kinds)

-maria
  *~*
6/8/2010 9:41:05 AM
Bonnie Adams United States
Bonnie Adams
My friend has a bird and she named it "Conway Tweety",every time I hear it or tell someone about it I have to laugh!!

I have a beautiful boxer and his name is Winston Wayne. (after winston churchill, and then I gave him my dad's middle name of wayne to keep it in the family since I have no "human" children yet Smile

I really want to get my baby Winston a little brother and the following three names are on the list:
1. Charles Barkley
2. Bob Barker
3. Nigel Barker (after the judge from America's Next Top Model, but really because I think the name is really cute for a dog)

I'm thinking there will soon be a Charles added to our family.....
6/8/2010 9:50:05 AM
jen munoz United States
jen munoz
we knew a cat named JOHN QUINCY CATAMS he was big and fat and needed a special diet!!!
6/8/2010 10:10:12 AM
Jodi Vigil United States
Jodi Vigil
I have 2 cats. One is an orange-ish blond cat named Calvin. The second cat is a tiger tabby named Hobbs. Calvin and Hobbs.
6/8/2010 10:22:59 AM
Jenn United States
Jenn
We have a dog named Bisbee. She had the name when we got her so we kept it. She's our busy bee. Smile

I also have a cat named Monte Casino. (after a flower, his mother's name was Lily) and I have a dog named Ginger (also a flower, not just a spice!) and I'm a floral designer so it's all in the family!
6/8/2010 10:31:00 AM
Ivana Couch United States
Ivana Couch
We have a rabbit named "Houdini", you know like the magician pulling a rabbit out of the hat, he is black and white and looks like he has a tuxedo on.
6/8/2010 11:03:50 AM
Kaylee United States
Kaylee
My husband who is in the Army just left me here in New York to go to Colorado for training. The day that he was leaving, he suprised me with a "guard dog!" Well, my guard dog is a dachshund! I thought it would be funny to name him Goliath, because we all know that wiener dogs are just so big! My husband said he didn't want to do that to the poor dog, so we named him Oscar. Now we have a hot DOG named Oscar!
6/8/2010 11:12:22 AM
Pam Frick United States
Pam Frick
We had a cat named Impeccable.
6/8/2010 11:30:17 AM
Cathy Dunn United States
Cathy Dunn
I fell in love with the Devon Rex breed of cat and visited a local breeder.  I met Luke Skywalker (we renamed Tucker) and Obi-Wan.  Their children named the cats after Star Wars characters because Devon Rex Kittens look like Yoda when they are young.  Every litter the kids had their favorites-first one Luke Skywalker, next Obi-Wan and so forth.  Basically got the number one and two of that litter.  We already had the name Tucker picked out and decided to keep the name Obi-wan.  Tucker is gone, but Obi is still quite the character.  Blue curly coat with huge green eyes.
6/8/2010 12:19:56 PM
Denise United States
Denise
Our dog's name is Myah, but we nicknamed her Myattention because she loves to be the center of attention!
6/8/2010 12:22:38 PM
William Mashburn United States
William Mashburn
As a kid I had many funny cat names.  Ug, Fuzz, Po Kitty.  But when my parents gave me permission to name a cat, I called him Johnny Carson.
6/8/2010 12:37:06 PM
Rachel United States
Rachel
When my daughter was 3, she got a dog for her birthday.  Her birthday is April 27th and when she saw the puppy, she said his name was going to be 27.  I said no way but when we brought him home, everyone called him 27. We had 27 for 14 years.
6/8/2010 12:38:54 PM
Sarah Vellines United States
Sarah Vellines
We have afat black cat named, Ser William Billiam Samual Ledgate Vellines The 3rd,AKA Bill. I don't know my sister came up with it.
6/8/2010 12:53:28 PM
Dori United States
Dori
I have two cats Oliver and Anubis.
6/8/2010 1:10:24 PM
Emily Brewer United States
Emily Brewer
Our Rabbit's name is Napoleon Bunnypart
6/9/2010 2:20:29 AM
lynn tate United States
lynn tate
I was listening to you on the radio yesterday, talking about funny pet names. We have a Miniture Pinscher we named Penni Pinscher - she's a real miser!  LOL!
6/9/2010 2:48:33 AM
Rebecca United States
Rebecca
I was listening to the radio in the car when you were talking about crazy pet names yesterday so I didn't get a chance to write to you.

Palm Sunday 2009 our outside cat had 4 kittens and we kept them all.

We named them Calli Marie Toulouse and Berlioz the latter 3 we named after the Disney Aristo Cats.

We started out having 4 cats but now we have 8.

We call Calli Peggie Sue,Peg, hopalong because her back leg didn't develop all the way so she only has 3 legs. ;)

Rebecca
6/9/2010 4:14:08 AM
Tori United States
Tori
Okay, so for my youngest brother's birthday one year we got him a black kitten. I bugged him for about a week or so about what he was going to name her. He came up with this name: Black Magic Willie (aka BMW).
6/9/2010 4:36:29 AM
JASMINE United States
JASMINE
My 7 birds name is crockedtail army ,straighttail party ,boby pin dawny,mamatail donkey,mow pow,hose ghost,and grass rifle.
6/9/2010 4:50:36 AM
tj United States
tj
i have a dog named yukon and he is 13 yrs old . he has a really bad hip though
6/10/2010 12:43:31 AM
Kitty Wuerl United States
Kitty Wuerl
currently have 5 neutered male cats. Their individual stories are as follows:
Sammy, will be celebrating his 14th birthday on 4th of July. Was found as an unclaimed stray on my friends garage roof  right before the fireworks started. He was already declawed,therefore he was unable to climb up the garage himself, her garage roof was pretty high up, no where near a tree or an electric wire,or a fence, so how he got up there is anyone's guess.
Next is my cat Romeo. He also was an unclaimed stray, he is a purebred Snowshoe who followed me onto the city bus. Romeo was taken to the local stray ward, but his humans never came in to take him home. The shelter employees guesses him to be 8 months old at the time, when they counted back 8 months from the date when I came in to officially adopted him, hs birthday turned out to be the same exact year and  date I had my own "spay" surgery.  Romeo will be turning 13 yrs old on Aug 25th, and he is a real LOVER BOY!
Smokey was only 8 weeks old when I rescued him from a super cruel teenager who lived up the street from me in my old neighborhood.I actually caught the 17 year old teenager in his front yard chopping off Smokey's tail. The teens parents were home, knew what their son was doing, but they never tried to stop him from doing this very cruel act. I immediatly called the police, they came out, and after I showed the officer the garbage can where he could find Smokey's tail, the officer arrested not just the teenager, but his parents also got arrested, all 3 of them went to jail for several months and were fined and charged with animal cruelty. They were ordered by the judge never to own any pets ever again...no matter which state they decide to live. The day they got out of jail, they had the nerve to round up 26 more cats from free animals to good home ads (newspapers,pet stores, vet clinics,the Internet,etc)and were caught once again having all those cats, went back to jail, their fines were all tripled, jail time was doubled,& since I was a cat rescuer, I was able to take all of those 26 cats and I had them all s/n the next morning and eventually found them great new loving forever indoor only homes. Smokey is now 9 years old, doing much better, he is a blue-colored Chartneux. He sleeps with me every night, and when he wants to eat, he will come find me and say very clear in English cat language "momma- right MEOW, (momma feed me right now!)
Sylvester is a black & white purebred Rag-A-Muffin. He is now 3 years old, and another lover boy, who follows you around like he is your shadow. I gave him the name after the cartoon cat with the same name. He also was a former unclaimed stray.
The next one is named Squeakers. I found him when he was aprox 2 months old, he just turned 1 yr old. He is orange and white long haired, and he is blind, but without looking at his eyes, one would never know he is blind- he is just as active as any other kitten-cat, if not more so. For example, he is known to come flying across the room and landing on my back- with his sharp swords (claws)clinging into my bare skin. OUCH!!!
I gave him the name Squeakers because when he mews, he really "SQUEAKS."

A few years back, while still active in kitten-cat rescue ministry, I had rescued a young kitten who was only 4 months old but was already half way thru a pregnancy! (I orginally thought she had worms so I took her to the vet for treatment for them. To my surprise, she was not full of worms but was pregnant.)Her pregnancy was confirmed by 2 different vet clinics, one vet clinic even took x-rays showing she had 5 babies inside her womb. Both vets guessed her to be 4 months old, & both guessed her same extimated due date.
I decided to name her "Baby-Mom." She was only 4 months old, so there fore she was still a baby, but even at that very young age, she was about to become a mom. Thus this became her name. Sadly, a few days before her expected delivery date, she suffered a misarriage, & lost all 5 of her little ones. The vet told me that miscarriage was really a blessing in disguise because if she would have delivered either naturally or by C-section, she would not have survived herself as she was much too young to become a mom. I had her spayed right away. She since found a great new home and her new family loves her to pieces !
6/10/2010 11:40:19 PM
Claire United States
Claire
I do not own the dog. But a friend does. How about Kloni?
6/11/2010 1:06:52 PM
Alyson United States
Alyson
Tippy was an all black dog with white tips on her toes and tail. And since she half howled instead of barked, we called her Tippy Roo. But we lengthened her name to Tippica Roodolph, AKA Wrap-Around-Dog (part malimute so she slept w her nose under her tail)
6/11/2010 1:10:47 PM
Alyson United States
Alyson
Also had cat named Sassy, VERY fitting. Cat named Bandit because he had a 'mask'. Pookie was a stuck up half persian half siamese named after Garfields teddy-bear. Dog named Kiya after "WILLOW"'s wife. And a female cat named George.
6/13/2010 2:37:38 PM
Breanna United States
Breanna
well, i had a dog whoms name was Angus Sir Loin. My friends dogs name was Inspector Foo Foo and she had three cats; Clawed Monet, Edward scissorpaws and Buddah Pest. I know this family who is a dog family and they have five dogs whoms names are; Doogie Schnauzer MD, Sophie touch and pee, Admiral toot, Peanut wigglebutt Ed, and Ruff Rats.(as in Rug Rats the nick show)
6/13/2010 4:18:11 PM
Debbi United States
Debbi
Friday I told you about my yor/poo/chi Puddin Pup but I forget to tell you about my calico cat we adopted around Halloween one year. We named her Pumkin'Patch! We also adopted a cockitiel who's name is Bip ahd he saws HERE KITTY KITTY! Maybe we should change his name to DIP!

Debbi
6/15/2010 11:46:00 AM
Ian United States
Ian
Well my dad gave my mom a german shepherd for their 20th anniversary and named it "Zwanzig", which is 20 in German, but we just call him Ziggy!

P.S. In Germany they pronounce their "W's" as "V's" so...
6/20/2010 3:29:04 AM
Dori United States
Dori
I have two kitties and their names are Oliver (from Oliver & Company) and Anubis (the Egyptian God of the afterlife)  I love my kitties!  Thank you Lord for all of our beautiful animals of the Earth.
6/22/2010 1:41:33 PM
Robin R United States
Robin R
I call my 8 year old lab mix Riley: Riley Rooster Rooster Roonie.  Just a fun name for a fun laid back dog!
6/24/2010 2:14:31 PM
Ambre United States
Ambre
We have several critters, but my two that have the wackiest names are my calico cat- Crazy Daisy Duke, and our Great Dane who we named after our fave comedian - The Great Dane Cook.  I also have two Sugar Gliders that I named Mick and Jaggar, like the singer, no particular reason, haha, just thought it was cute for them!  We are blessed with many furry critters, 4 kitties ( all who are rescuees), 3 dogs, 2 Sugar Gliders, 1 Chinchilla,  and oodles of fish in a 75 gallon fish tank.  We also have a guinea pig- CinnaSug because when we first bought him, his hair looked like a mix of Cinnamon and Sugar, and a hamster- who's name is Kamikazee because he tries to dive out of our hands all the time.
We love our critters around here Smile
6/25/2010 1:39:11 PM
Lisa Ramsey United States
Lisa Ramsey
I have had a few...when I was a kid our dog was "Sparky" (my dad was an electrician). Later I had a litter of bunnies, we had one named "Trauma" cause the dog traumatized her. My ex worked on commercial glass so we had a "Glazier-Belle" we got "Butterfly" the cat next (it looked like a butterfly landed on her head). Then "Scooter-bug" the bunny, then "Foo-yung" the bunny (she looked Chinese(Please don't get offended). Next came another dog "Mira-belle" (but say it like you have a really bad southern accent - mirror-belle)I temporarily adopted a couple of kittens the black & white one my daughter named "Oreo". Needless to say we enjoy unique pet names!
6/25/2010 9:52:20 PM
Stephanie United States
Stephanie
I have a white long haired cat with a black tail and I named her DipStick.  It looks like someone took her by the tail and dipped her in a can of paint up to her butt.  She has black around her butt hole and only on the very bottom of her back feet.  All the rest of her is white.
8/22/2010 4:48:40 AM
Tina United States
Tina
we had a wiennie dog named ((bones)) and a mutt maned ((snickers))
12/26/2010 12:48:58 PM
Katrena Reed United States
Katrena Reed
I have had 5 pets in all.2 died.My pets names are/were:                                         Sweetpea(dead guinea pig)
Skunkee (living guinea pig)
Skweekee(dead guinea pig)