Jul 20 2010

Dr. Paul Meier discusses dreams and the movie "Inception"

Everyone is talking about the new Leonardo DiCaprio movie, "Inception," which deals with dreams and the sub-conscious. Dr. Paul Meier discussed how God uses our dreams to speak to us and how dreams can reveal what we are thinking and feeling. Got any questions for Dr. Meier? Feel free to share them here. Also, you can learn more about Meier Clinics here: http://www.meierclinics.com/.

Listen to Dr. Meier discuss dreams below:

Segment 1

Segment 2

7/12/2010 12:48:28 AM
Linda United States
Linda
My recurring dream is-- I try to scream & nothing comes out????  What does that mean?
7/12/2010 12:49:49 AM
Kelly United States
Kelly
I once had a dream that I have never quit figured out. I was in my apartment. My younger sister came over but she didn't have her son. I asked her where he was and she didn't answer. Then my older sister brought her daughters over and they were to stay with me for the night. We went upstairs and saw my younger sister looking out the back window. We looked out to see what she was looking at. When I looked the back of my apartment didn't look the same. The were separated making an arch. The background then this woman came between the arches riding a white horse. She was dressed in all white and had long dark hair. All she did was stand their and look at us. Then my older sister came back and brought some food for the girls. I tried to tell her and her husband what we were looking at but they didn't seem interested. The food they brought was turned out to be just a bunch of worms but they didn't seem to notice that either. I have always wondered if that meant anything at all.
7/12/2010 12:51:39 AM
Tim United States
Tim
Really cant believe i am hearing the praise for this Inception movie on a christian radio station.  What a Joke.  Body of Christ please don't go see this movie. This movie has no place in the kingdom of Heaven. This movie is littered with violence and profanity. Let me ask a Question how many times does a movie have to take the Lords name in vain before you wont go see it. this movie uses the lords name in vain over 10 times.  For a christian it should only take 1 time. Repent and run from these stupid worldly movies played by Characters who Hate God. they have nothing to offer you instead seek the Lord He is everything.  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. So then, You will know them by their fruits.  Matthew 7:19,20
7/12/2010 1:01:12 AM
Naomi United States
Naomi
I have a question about two dreams.
First, i often dream about my husband leaving me for someone else or just leaving me period. I don't understand this because my husband makes me feel like the most beautiful woman alive and never has given me any reason for thinking this way. could it be that i don't feel confident enough in myself? what does this mean?

Also, i use to constantly have dreams that my mom was demon possesed and i would have to pray and rebuke the demon out of her. they were quite vivid and scarey.She hurt our family very deeply in the past,and I never had the best relationship with her and am barely now starting to have a decent one with her. but i never understood why i would dream such an ugly thing. what could this have meant?
7/12/2010 8:02:49 AM
Nancy Welch United States
Nancy Welch
I had 2 dreams about 2 months apart 2 1/2 years after my dad died.  The 1st dream my dad appeared and I knew he had died and I asked him what he was going here.  He told me that "He" has something He wants me to do.  I knew he spoke of God.  Thats a brief description of dream #1. We went on an extended trip with 25 family members to Greece.  I had thought maybe my dad was looking after us on that trip.  However, about a month after we go home I had the 2nd dream. This time my dad was more of a spiritual being. He was serene, his mouth didn't move when he spoke and his eyes were shining as gold, very bright.  When I asked him what he was doing here, he said that he had done what he was supposed to do and kissed my finger (he used to do that all the time) and was gone.  These dreams were first of all a sign to me that dad was indeed in heaven, very comforting.  But the thing that changed my thinking about why my dad had been sent was what happened between the dreams.  We got home from our trip and two weeks later my husband got caught stealing drugs from the workplace.  He had been a drug addict for 10 years.  He hadn't used on the trip for fear of getting caught on flights.  So when we got back he dove heavily into the drugs being careless and paid the price.  He immediately went to rehab and during that time he told me if he hadn't been caught he would be dead.  He was using so much that it frightened even him. Each time he was using more and more.  I think God saved my husband and my dad was a part of it.  I haven't had a dream like those two for 4 years now.  My husband has been recovery and has not relapsed.  Did those dreams have real meaning?  Did they signify something real?  I believe they did and I will carry that with me for the rest of my life.  Can't wait to see my dad again and tell him thanks for saving my husband! What do you think?
7/12/2010 2:34:07 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
I have very, very twisted almost evil dreams... does that mean that I have evil in me? I always thought it was random thought, but now that I hear you say the Lord is talking to me then I'm worried whats the matter with me...
7/12/2010 2:35:35 PM
Crystal United States
Crystal
I have a recurring dream that the rapture is occuring and everyone starts to rise, including me.  I am always excited that I am on my way to Heaven, but even though I may even be floating through the air in my dream, I never get all the way there.
I also have had two other recurring dreams:  One that my next door neighbors are moving.  I have since moved, but I still dream they are moving.  The other is that I always forget about my hamsters and when I remember them they either have food and water or they don't, but they are always alive...
7/12/2010 2:38:40 PM
kim United States
kim
what does it mean when you have a recurring dream that you have to use the toilet and either they are all taken or you open the stall door and there is no toilet?  Another one is I am almost completely blind and people are trying to lead me around
7/12/2010 2:42:36 PM
Chassitie United States
Chassitie
I have dreams that often times come true. What am I to make of this?
Chassitie
7/12/2010 3:46:51 PM
Tanya United States
Tanya
I recently lost my Grandmother. And about 1 wk ago I had a dream that I was at her church and saw and heard her. I was so excited that I ran to find my Mom (her daughter)to show her where I could hear and see Grandma. When we got back to the spot, I asked Grandma why she was still here. She said our Heavenly Father still had work here for her. ????
               What do you think this means? My Grandma fought a long hard battle of bladder Cancer. Thanks for your time.
          Still missing Grandma!!!
                 Tanya
7/12/2010 9:25:16 PM
Boul United States
Boul
I have dream that often come true, or dreams with messages. It would take 3 days to several year for my dreams to come true, but they do come true. I also have the gift to interpret dreams. What do I make of this, and where can I go to get christian guidance?
7/14/2010 4:26:06 AM
Carole United States
Carole
I lost my brother in 1999.  We never learned the cause as he was vacationing alone and when he was found at the campground it was too late for the autopsy to be definitive.  I kept dreaming of my brother and trying to warn him in that dream, saying upon awakening almost out loud, "Michael, you're going to die."  This went on for a few weeks.  Then I had a dream.  It was of Michael.  He was dressed nicely in a suit.  I said "Michael, you're going to die."  He came up to me smiling and hugged me as I said "Are you ok with this?" to which he smiled and said, "If it's God's will."  After that dream I never had a bad dream warning him again.  It's as if God let me see him and know that he was happy and ok.  I believe this dream came from God and that God allows special occurences sometimes in them.
7/28/2010 2:45:42 PM
Joan Savage United States
Joan Savage
I dream of zombies. They are coming for me and I am fighting them with all I have in me. Sometimes alone and sometimes with others. Sometimes I search for bigger and better weapons and sometimes I hide. But they keep coming and coming and part of me wants to give up because I can't heal them or change them but with one touch they can destroy me. It seems they have the upper hand. I struggle with what the point of it all means, except to keep killing them. Each dream is different but it's the same thing - zombies coming for me. The worst ones are when I can't tell it's a dream and something terrible happens in it and I collapse and beg God that this is just a dream. I wake up begging God to let it be a dream and - thank God - it is only a dream. I wish I knew what these dreams mean. I need to know but where do I go from here?