Jul 12 2012

TV's Most Memorable Moments

What are TV's 20 most memorable moments? Los Angeles Times

The stunning news coverage of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks tops the list of the most enduring TV moments in history for Americans.

Also in the top 5: coverage of Hurricane Katrina, the not-guilty verdict in the O.J. Simpson murder case, the 1986 space shuttle Challenger disaster and last year's killing of Osama bin Laden.

Space Shuttle Challenger explosion.

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (0) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS
What's your "God moment?"
Jul 29 2010

What's your "God moment?"

Sharing "God stories" tonight. Ever had a moment when God seemed to "tap on your shoulder" and remind you that He is always there and is always faithful? Share it here!
Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (8) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

7/28/2010 12:12:21 AM
Keven Green United States
Keven Green
My God Moment was when I held my little boy for the first time and he fell asleep in my arms. The true God moment in this was that he was my Foster child, much in the same way we are addopted by God and through Jesus we can come to God and fall asleep in his arms knowing we are safe there in his arms.
7/28/2010 12:51:31 AM
Karen Leonard United States
Karen Leonard
My God moment....was last night. I've been so depressed....I lost my dad 4 years ago and at the same time my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer & now battling stage 4 cancer. My youngest daughter ran away got pregnant and then my husband lost his job and my 2nd daughter is suffering with depression tried to committ suicide and thinks everyone is out to get her and now won't speak to us. She moved taking her 3 children and refuse to speak to us, let us know where she is and has blocked our phone calls. We've not seen them since March 2nd. So needless to say....yeah, I've been a bit stressed and down. I've just been praying a lot that God will renew my love for Him and renew my passion for ministry. While cooking last night a song came on the radio station that ministered to me so much. It was though God were standing in the kitchen just holding me. I felt safe and my joy was restored. Praise God for these "God" moments!
7/28/2010 8:26:13 AM
Lawrence United States
Lawrence
I was trying to figure out if it was really God moving me south from PA. There was a Prophet at my Aunt's church while i was down to "look around". During the alter ministry, as he was praying for me he stopped, and asked if I had peace about the move. I gave the so-so sign, and he, inspiried by the Lord told me that the move would save my life. The interesting thing about this was that I was having a lot of physical problems the last several months from stress. I have since moved, and I have been released from all my physical ailments. I knew then what God meant...That was my God moment!
7/28/2010 4:50:23 PM
Jessica Borel United States
Jessica Borel
My Aunt died 6 years ago yesterday with Brest Cancer. Ever since her deth I have felt lost. She died when I was just 5 years old, I just didn't know what she did wrong to deserve deth until i hit the age 11. When I got in my bed I called my Mother in my room to tuck me in bed and I just broke out in tears and said Momma God just talked to me and I understood him . She asked me what he told me and I said God told me that it was time for me to get bapised . The past Fathers Day I went foward at my church and I was just amazed by the feeling of becoming a child of the Lord God Almighty. I beleive that this very radio station that I listen to EVERY day brought me colser and closer to God every time I tuned the radio on.

Thank you for bringing me closer to the Lord !!!  I love yall !!!!!

Jessica Borel
7/28/2010 4:54:00 PM
Jessica Borel United States
Jessica Borel
I have been blessed to be able to go on the friends and family cruise  as well ......   Smile YAY
7/28/2010 5:30:08 PM
Katelyn Borel United States
Katelyn Borel
My God moment was around my dad's birthday. The heater had broken the day before his birthday. So my mom and dad sent me and my sister to our grandmother's house, because the guy that they had called said that it would be after 10:00 when he got there. So the guy came and fixed it some and said "Their that should hold it till the weekend." The next day it broke again and my mom heard water running and she said, "I know that the girls know better than to leave the water running," so she went to check it out and she turned the light out and water was pouring out from the light and she could have been electricuted because the water was an 1" from the ground and she was standing in it when she turned the light on. And so she went to tell my dad and so he went to check it out when he opened the thing to go into the atic and as soon as he opened it all the insalation fell in my room and landed ontop of my bed. Thank God that me and my sister were at our grandmother's house and that no one got hurt. And the only part of my celling that was still their was a little bit by my celling fan and towards my door. The insalation was wet and it ruined all of my clothes and it was so bad to where there was water oozing from my room to the outside underneath my window shutters and we found out that the water source heat pump had bursted. And so we had to move into my grandmother's house and we leaved in her house for a while. Then my other grandmother had a camper and so they brought it down for us and so we lived in that for a while and we have and are almost completely  finished restoring the house. Over half of our house had to be redone sheetrock and everything they had to take everything out and pull the floors up and the disaster clean up people said that it was the worst that they have seen.Not too long before my dad's birthday my mom was on the Casting Crowns website and she bout 5 tickets. One for me, one for my sister, one for her, one for my dad, and one for me to bring a friend because it was the day after my birthday. Well on my 13th birthday we were still living out of the camper. And when my sister got home from school I had gotten sick. A few minutes after I gotten sick my friend arrived because we were going to go out to eat for my birthday. And I was so sick that I couldn't go to the concert and my friend was given the choise to go to the concert or just to go home if she didnt want to go without me and she decided to go home and not go. My mom and dad called some people that he thought would like to go and they were busy untill they called Mr. Clark and he said yes and he asked, "Would it be ok if he brought someone else with him?" And we said yes  because we had another ticket. And when my dad, my sister, and our cousin got back my dad told me and my mom that the guy that Mr. Clark brought with him was struggling in his relationship with God. And he told my dad and Mr. Clark thank you for bringing me it really helped me get back on the right path and refocus on God and that it brought him closer to God. And I said well I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! And my mom agreed with me. And that was my God moment. That I got to atleast be a part of God'splan and be of help.
7/28/2010 11:46:04 PM
Hannah James United States
Hannah James
I went through 7 very long years of horrible pain that the doctors were only able to treat with pain medicine, and ran all their tests and tried all sorts of medications, but were left scratching their heads. I would have well-meaning people in the church make comments such as, "Maybe God is trying to work sin out of your life" or "you cannot doubt your healing at all, or you cannot be healed" or "maybe I have left a door open for the enemy to attack me", also "I am doubting God when I reach for that pain medication instead of waiting on God to take the pain away, therefore God cannot do it", etc.

Anyway...I would be devastated and ask God for forgiveness everytime I took the medicine and begged him to even intervene before the medication, because it took so long for the medication to actually "kick in" and help....well, I would be also pleading God to forgive me for whatever I may have done to open a door for the enemy to attack me...etc. Well, I would go up for prayer no matter what the alter call was for....even if it was a call for salvation, I was at the alter because I needed to hear from God. Anytime someone would pray for me....they would all say the same thing....not know my conversation I had with God in my home, or anything....they would say..."I just feel like God wants you to know that he loves you, and you have not done anything wrong." Still today I cry when I think of that. It has now been 6 years since God showed a surgeon what was wrong with me...and how to fix it. Since then I have been pain-free!!! I really could relate to Job; he did not do anything either, and God allowed him to go through horrible pain. He also had the same support system I did! LOL! I could not give up on God like I was told to, because he was/is my only hope through everything. The doctors before this did not know what to do. I get really angry when people make comments against medicine/doctors because God uses them to heal us too! :o)
7/29/2010 1:20:17 AM
Lizzie United States
Lizzie
My god moment was 2 weeks ago. I was going through a little depression (well what teenager doesn't) and God did something sooooooo cool. I play the piano and love making new songs. And GOd just had me start singing a song and i just started writing it down and i after i was done. IT was the coolest this. It was about a battle and the fact that i can't do anything on my own. And that God takes care of everything. God wrote me a song and it was the coolest feeling. Everytime i sing it, i get this joyful feeling inside that i can't keep inside. God really blessed me!! : P