Mar 30 2011

Soul Surfer, Bethany Hamilton is on the show today!

Bethany Hamilton, the story of the woman in the movie "Soul Surfer," was on the show today! She is a professional surfer who lost her arm in a shark attack. In case you missed the interview, you can hear it below!

Bethany's hope for the movie "Soul Surfer" and the message behind it:

How they made the movie:

Her family and dog breeding:

Excitement surrounding the premiere of the movie:

Her mission trip to Thailand:

If she had never been bitten:

Coping with the loss of her arm:

Her background and growing up:

Seeing herself portrayed on the big screen:

Her greatest accomplishments:

Check out Bethany's testimony here: http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/bethany-hamilton/

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (66) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/30/2011 1:36:18 PM
Clayton Milstead United States
Clayton Milstead
Bethany Scott and Kelly. Id like to thank ya'll for being such great inspirations. I lost my faith in god when i was just 14 and live on the bad side of the world. I was even raised in the church and it broke my mothers heart when i turned my back on the faith i was raised in.  Now at 22 i made a decision a week ago to change my life around.  I quit drinking and swearing and i know i need Christ to help me quit smoking. I haven't brought Christ back into my life yet and i need to and want to. I thank you Bethany for being the inspiration i needed to get back to the life i once had.
3/30/2011 2:14:46 PM
abby United States
abby
bethany i want you to know that you inspier many people but your story has blessed me verry much
3/30/2011 2:15:07 PM
Paul Rea United States
Paul Rea
Way to go kid!! We need a couple million more like you!
Blessings to you and yours!
3/30/2011 2:15:30 PM
Annoymous United States
Annoymous
I love your story! You have made me such a stronger person! I got your book as a gift when it first came out. I picked it back up and I'm currently reading it again. I'm 18 years old and struggle with many things. You're really an inspiration to me! Thank you for being so brave and sharing your story!

God bless!!
3/30/2011 2:18:13 PM
Elisabeth Benfield United States
Elisabeth Benfield
What is the hardest everyday task that you found a unique way to tackle?  You are a true inspiration!
3/30/2011 2:18:22 PM
Tracy United States
Tracy
Good afternoon,  I remember when Bethany had her accident - halloween day - it was all over the news.  This beautiful young lady needed prayers, and we all said them on her behalf.
I work at a grade school, and years ago, our book fair company had a poster with Bethany and her surfboard at one of our fairs.  The students were mesmorized by this young woman and her story.  I was able to purchase a biography of Bethany, Bethany Hamilton, Follow Your Dreams.  When I read this book to the students, we all agree that Bethany is a true hero.  May God bless you.
3/30/2011 2:19:07 PM
Annette United States
Annette
My kids are 7,8, & 9, the 2 oldest have read Bethany's book Soul Surfer and loved it, but are a bit nervous about seeing the movie because of the shark. Should they be??

Blessings
3/30/2011 2:20:36 PM
Jonathan United States
Jonathan
Wow, you called it your little stump with a smile on your face. I'm so self conscious. Thanks for that beautiful smile. That's all I see when I look at you. God bless you. Thank you.
3/30/2011 2:20:53 PM
Lee McDade United States
Lee McDade
Bethany your Story inspired me to start surfing. i think its amazing how god is using your life to spread his word to thru the world thru your story and surfing.!!
i look up to you and want my surfing to be about god just like you!!
You are my Hero right after god!!
Lee Mcdade 16 Myrtle Beach SC
3/30/2011 2:21:24 PM
Michelle Nasrallah United States
Michelle Nasrallah
Bethany - I just wanted to say "thank you" being a mother with girls your age you represent an incredible example to them of what your life can be like when you trust in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I can't wait to see the movie "Soul Surfer" with my girls.

Michelle
3/30/2011 2:26:25 PM
Wiley Mahurin United States
Wiley Mahurin
A hui ho sister!
You are inspiring!  Can't wait to take my little girl to see your movie!  We lived in Kaimuki when you were attacked.  I remember how it affected me then.  Your story is so powerful.   I live in Louisiana now-a-days this whole oil deal really affected me so deeply..  Believe it or not  the gulf is beautiful still, i surfed w a pod of Dolphins the 1st time back after all that and just cried.. I know what the ocean means to me, I totally relate.  Thank you Jesus for your beautiful world and for your story Bethany, I know you have a purpose in this life, it's really beautiful how God uses us all.
Catch a wave for me would ya!
3/30/2011 2:33:09 PM
Mariha Woods United States
Mariha Woods
Bethany inspires me so much. When I saw her story in surfer magazine I tore it out and framed it on my wall. My little sister came home from school with a poster of Bethany she bought for me. She knows how much I love her. I can't wait to see Bethany's movie, she is the one person I look up to. She is so beautiful and she means so much to me. Love you Bethany!!!
3/30/2011 2:36:32 PM
Greg Londot United States
Greg Londot
Bethany, I am a teacher and when you were attacked by the shark and entered the surf competition so quickly, I had to tell my class.  I teach 11 and 12 year olds and sometimes they think the world is about them.  When I told them your story, they began to cry.  My class could not fathom anyone surviving a shark attack and then to go on with the courage and faith to surf again was a testimony for my students.

Thank you for touching the lives of children.
3/30/2011 2:38:34 PM
teresa United States
teresa
Thank you Scott& Kelly & K-Love for having Bethany Hamilton on today. I've had Bethany's Poster in my third grade classroom in Texas for many years and each year I would put the poster up on my bullentin board and the students would always ask what happen to Bethany and I would explain to them the accident and how much Bethany has inspired me to know that what ever happens to us in life we can overcome it with the love of Jesus in our hearts. Teaching in a public school of course I would let this conversation lead into a conversation about how we are all different in so many wonderful ways, but that it doesn't stop us from being one big happy community of learners.
I now live in Alaska and wish for the warmth of the texas beaches, so I hope Bethany will know there is someone in Alaska who wishes her well and hopes she will continue to inspire all of us Smile
3/30/2011 2:48:35 PM
McKinley Winkle United States
McKinley Winkle
Bethany you are amazing!! You are an inspiration to me and many othersSmileYou have very strong faith and courage and I admire you for that!! Thank You so much for who you are and not being ahamed of itSmile God bless you alwaysSmile

~McKinley Winkle
Age 12
3/30/2011 2:56:11 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
Bethany, Scott and Kelly. Thank you so much for this opportunity to send a message to someone I may not ever get a chance to meet. Bethany, I am a teacher at an elementary school in North Carolina. We have read a biography about you in a reading group. It is a group of 4 girls and they all have difficulty with reading and testing. We have learned what an inspiration you are to others. We are talking about how we can accomplish things that are hard and things that might frighten us or scare us because we don't know what to expect. I feel GOD has a plan for this,  I randomly selected this book with your biography in it then realized that your movie was also coming out. Then I ran to the store and as I turned on the car you are on KLOVE. I realize you are very busy, but if you could take the time to send me an email, addressed to the girls telling them who it is and how they need to stay strong especially when things get difficult and they can do anything they set their mind to. I would really appreciate it. This could make the difference for one student, in particular, who really doesn't like to read at all. There names are Kya, Katie, Dallas, Hailee and Jordan. Your story is inspirational to all who learn of it. Thanks for your help.
3/30/2011 2:58:27 PM
Chester United States
Chester
Bethany,
Praise God for your heart, you can feel how you totally Love God and that even when whatever God brings to us is for Good and His Glory, you are inspiration to my young daughters 22 years old, 19 year old girls. And what you are doing in your life, how you handle hard times is really God sent and that you are responding to Holy Spirit. I pray that your life, the movie will move many people to find out more about God and what Jesus has done for us in us. God Bless! : )
3/30/2011 2:58:47 PM
Rachel Arant United States
Rachel Arant
Thank you for sharing your story.  I can't wait to see the movie! Laughing  It's amazing how God can use something like this to touch so many lives.  Thank you.

~Rachel Arant Smile
Age:12 Smile
3/30/2011 3:02:03 PM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Bethany,
You are very inspiring!  I have been reading your book and can't wait for Soul Surfer to come out.  Thank you for being such a wonderful person and example of a true believer.  My dad loves to play the piano at our church.  Thanks for being such a great influance!
Love, Hannah
3/30/2011 3:02:03 PM
Ryan Ramirez United States
Ryan Ramirez
I havent been this excited for a movie..ever! I cant wait to see it, I know I will shed some tears. Your story has inspired me as well as many others to never give up on life no matter how hard they think they have fallen. Nothing is impossible through christ. I was hearing you talk on the radio and I heard you say what the medic in the ambulance told you while you were barely clinging to life,"he will never leave you he will never forsake you" and it just gave me the chills because that is one of my favorite bible quotes. I dont know if in the movie they will say it, but I know that it will impact the lives of many people.

-Respectfully
Ryan
3/30/2011 3:03:37 PM
Jessica Gibson United States
Jessica Gibson
Dear Bethany,
  You make me happy. Tong  I love God with my whole heart, and it makes me so happy that you are so close to him! You really help me to re-adjust my attitude. I have been having trouble here lately being too self-conscious about what I say or do. I've always wanted there to be peace, but here lately I have been trying to apologize for other people's disagreements with me. They might just be having a bad day, but I sometimes think I said or did something that offended them. This whole day at school I didn't worry about how I came across to people(to a point) and was MYSELF! It made me so happy! I just heard your story after school TODAY (after being myself) and you inspire me that it's all about LIVING for GOD, for JESUS. And, if you live for Jesus you're going to have disagreements anyways, so why worry so much??
God bless you and yours,
Jessica Gibson Smile))
3/30/2011 3:05:55 PM
vanessa and sophie United States
vanessa and sophie
Sophie 9yrs old says: Bethany, I think your story's really neat, and I love hearing you on Klove

Vanessa 15yrs old says: Ever since I saw the commercial for "Soul Surfer" I've been so so so excited! As soon as I got out of the theaters I requested the book Soul Surfer from the library. I read it quickly, loved it, and still cannot wait for the movie to come out! I've told many people and we all plan to see it in theaters. You are such a great role model. I really admire how you decided to make the best of your life!
3/30/2011 3:08:47 PM
Jessica Gibson United States
Jessica Gibson
You have encouraged me by helping me realize it's not all about your looks. God gave them to us and can easily alter them, but we are still beautiful in his sight.
3/30/2011 3:09:45 PM
samantha United States
samantha
may God bless you. you really inspire me. my dad told me about you, and so did my cousin, and i was so amazed that you still go surfing even after the attack!!Smile(:
3/30/2011 3:11:21 PM
Becky United States
Becky
I think it is wonderful that you are a witness in the community of Surfers!  Praise the Lord for His goodness in your life! Smile
3/30/2011 3:15:08 PM
Derek Cox United States
Derek Cox
Bethany,   I accepted Christ as well when I was five.  When I was 24 I was diagnosed with brain cancer and have been fighting for 12 years.  Like you, I was and am active, but nothing could have prepared me for the loss of use in my right hand & arm as a result.  Believe me, there will be frustrating days, but I encourage you to stay strong and lean on God in times of weakness... He's been the Rock I stand on and the Light for my battle to keep fighting.
In Christ,
Derek Cox
3/30/2011 3:15:54 PM
Lisa Smith New Zealand
Lisa Smith
FYI, fruitcake would be a traditional wedding cake in Britain - as it is in NZ and Australia.  I married a Kiwi, and he specifically asked that we NOT have fruitcake for our wedding cake and i just looked at him.  I had never heard of that and thought it sounded AWFUL.  Have had it many times since, living here and I guess I've gotten used to it, but still prefer a nice white cake any day.
3/30/2011 3:17:21 PM
Ann Marie Collins United States
Ann Marie Collins
Kelli...I don't think British fruitcake is like the American version.  I am from Jamaica, a former British colony, and our version of fruicake is made with currants, raisins, prunes etc that have been soaked in port wine and rum for at least 6 months!!! Smile  No kidding!  The resulting fermented fruit is then pureed and used in the cake.  You could get drunk just smelling it1 Smile
3/30/2011 3:18:03 PM
Bella Heisler United States
Bella Heisler
Hi Bethany, I think you are an amazing person. I am amazed with your faith and determination. I am in sixth grade, and in Language Arts we did an essay on a chosen hero. My friend Sydney did you as her hero.
3/30/2011 3:24:58 PM
maddy haig United States
maddy haig
bethany!!
me and my friends have been trying to call and talk to you we've been listening to klove ever since 4:00 when we got home from school!!! we all love you and your story we think it is such a huge honor to get to (sort of) talk to you!!!
we hope you read this and know for sure that we totally respect you and all that you do! please keep doing what you do best we hope you read this comment and never stop doing what you do best!!!
your story is inspirational and i hope God blesses you and your family and friends.
my friends and i all love you and your story!
God bless!!
-M
3/30/2011 3:30:19 PM
amy tabor United States
amy tabor
i love your stoy and it is soooooooooooo inspiering. i can't wait till the movie comes out. my dad surfs and we are going to hawaii this summer with my family. i told him to be carful and to watch out for sharks. you are an insperation to me to trust God. thank you.
3/30/2011 3:30:45 PM
amy tabor United States
amy tabor
God bless you
3/30/2011 3:38:35 PM
Melissa godinez United States
Melissa godinez
I just want to thank u bethany u have inspired me that even wwithout a arm u can over come soo much 2 years ago my husband was diagnosed with bone cancer in his right arm and went thru chemotherapy for 1 in a half years and under went reconstruction surgery and just 3 months after being off he had a reaccurence and now he is going to have his arm amputated on april 8 the day your movie comes out. Its been soo hard dealing with it but hearing your story really helps us over come this obstical.
3/30/2011 3:45:08 PM
Diahann United States
Diahann
Bethany,
May the Lord continue to bless your life.  You are such an wonderful role model and a beautiful girl at that!  Continue to lean on God and He will fulfill all the desires of your heart! Smile
3/30/2011 3:45:26 PM
Giada Morresi United States
Giada Morresi
Wow! Bethany you are such an inspiration to my whole family. I remember you signing a copy of your book for me in 2006 at Willow Creek. You were amazing to me then, and you still are. I've gotten lots of people to read your book, and they were all amazed. It's incredible that you chose to stand out in the crowd and not wear a prosthetic arm. God bless you Bethany!!!!
3/30/2011 3:51:27 PM
Katelyn Friesen United States
Katelyn Friesen
Bethany,
I am 14 years old, and I remember stummbling across your book when I was in 5th grade, in the library. When I had read it, I was so inspired, and just amazed. When I look at what you had to over come, I realize the obstacles that I think are a big deal in my life truley are not.Thank you for being such a great role model, and for never giving up. You are the kind of person I want to be like, and you are a true blessing from God.
3/30/2011 4:00:26 PM
Bee United States
Bee
Bethany is my name! Smile
3/30/2011 4:02:52 PM
Bee United States
Bee
Bethany, you were very brave, I think, and I don't know what I would have done in your place! God bless you, girl!
3/30/2011 4:03:21 PM
Hannah Marrs United States
Hannah Marrs
Bethany,

I have been uplifted by your story ever since I first heard of your story.  I am so close to your age and as a teenager when it happened, it truly helped me put my life in perspective.  Who was I to complain when my life could be so worse.

Thanks for your consistent smile and your love of God.  It has helped me in my walk with God and I know you help more people than you realize, so never stop smiling!

Mahalo!
Hannah Marrs

3/30/2011 4:07:09 PM
Bryant King United States
Bryant King
Dear Scott, Kelli, and Bethany,
I just want to say thank you for being such a great inspiration for me. I accepted Christ when I was five years old just before my first Kidney Transplant along with having kidney problems I was born with one leg and have had a prosthetic leg since I could walk. Lately I have been questioning God but after hearing your story I know that God has a plan for me just like he has a plan for you Bethany. Keep your faith strong because even in the darkest of days God is with us.

God Bless you!
Bryant
3/30/2011 4:10:39 PM
Heriberto Sanchez United States
Heriberto Sanchez
God bless you,

I am a Pastor and a US Marine and I have seen a few things and I want to congratulate you on the best desicion of your life accepting Jesus in your life. Our protector never back down, neither look back.

Press on in the Lord
Dios te Bendiga!
Pastor Heriberto Sanchez
3/30/2011 4:21:07 PM
Sarah United States
Sarah
Bethany,
You have been an inspiration to me for years! I have read your book at least 10 times! I am sooooo excited for the movie to come out! AnnanSophia goes to my old church, so when I found out she was playing you I was even more excited!!!!!! Thank you for being such an inspiration!
Love,
Sarah
3/30/2011 4:25:48 PM
Sean United States
Sean
Dear Bethany:

Thank you so much for your inspiration. By keeping faith and being encouraging to others, you help me realize that my bad days aren't really that bad.  Your story encourages me to keep a positive attitude even when things don't go my way.

I've wanted to meet you when I'm in Kauaii.  We go to Calvery Chapel North Shore when there.  My mom and dad have met you, but I wasn't with them that time. I have relatives you know well from the church.

My mom taught Middle School for several years and she used your Soul Surfer devotional one year with the kids.  I've also read your book. I'm looking forward to seeing your movie.

Maybe I'll get to meet you some time.

Sean (5th grade)

3/30/2011 4:27:12 PM
Stephanie Levsen United States
Stephanie Levsen
Hi there I am listening to your Station and Bethany is on My Son is a liver transplant survivor and he is a true survivor and has beat all odds we have nearly lost him so many times I know it was not a limb but to have a child who had an organ transplant has truly open my eyes and he is such a fighter and he never gives up thank you for such an inspiring movie I cannot wait to see it Smile
PS Bethany you are an amazing lady and thank you for your story I know I will be in tears when I watch the movie Smile You are an inspiration and God has brought you far never give up
3/30/2011 4:30:05 PM
rachel bradney United States
rachel bradney
Bethany,
I read your book years ago, and you are such an inspiration to me!  I got the chance to meet you at a Walking on Water surf camp in California, and it was so awesome!  You even gave me a boost on a wave!  Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Love,
Rachel

P.S. I can't wait for Soul Surfer to come out!
3/30/2011 4:31:44 PM
Amaya Mixon United States
Amaya Mixon
Bethany,
When I heard they were making a movie about you and your surfing accident I couldn't wait to see it. You have been inspiring to me since I was a little girl. Thank you for being my inspiration. I cant wait to see the movie. You have helped me in many ways.
3/30/2011 4:33:41 PM
juanita bullins United States
juanita bullins
Bethany,
  My husband and I vacation in Kauai every year and every year we go to Tunnels Beach and I pray for you to be Blessed and I pray for God to use you and I have for the last 7 years. It is so good to hear from you. I'm so glad that you are allowing God to use you.
3/30/2011 4:34:31 PM
Angela allender United States
Angela allender
Bethany, you have an amazing outlook on life and such a positive attitude. Thank you for being such an inspiration and wonderful example to my children. We can't ewait to see the new movie.Smile
3/30/2011 4:41:05 PM
bren United States
bren
that WAS A GOOD MIRACLE that GOD did for you
3/30/2011 4:42:36 PM
Bethany Hettinger Japan
Bethany Hettinger
This is Bethany from Japan! Thank you so much, Bethany, for being such a great inspiration to people all over the world! You're book, "Soul Surfer" has impacted and encouraged  many Japanese! Please continue to pray for Japan! God bless you as you continue to be a blessing! <3 =)
3/30/2011 4:47:02 PM
Liz United States
Liz
Bethany! My daughter read your book when it first came out and was so touched! She loves Jesus and also loves Surfing! So glad you took the time to put your story into writing so many could be influenced for Jesus! Bless you!! I'm sure she will be the first one in line to see your movie, as she is in college in So-Cal where she can surf and go to Nursing School!!  Looking forward to seeing the movie too!
3/30/2011 4:49:05 PM
Amy Coulter United States
Amy Coulter
Hey Bethany,

My name is Amy and I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease right after my 8th birthday. I spent alot of time in Phoenix Children's Hospital and because of it, I had to grow up very fast. I admit there were times that my faith and trust in God were tested and there were times I lost both. But Im 21 now and looking back I really can't thank God enough because I wouldn't be in the wonderful place I am now without going through what I did. I am attendig college and I havent had a flare-up of my Crohn's in almost a year. Bethany, your story is amazing and inspiring. I wanted to thank you so very much and God bless.

Amy
3/30/2011 4:55:57 PM
Laura United States
Laura
I was attacked by a Great Dane when I was 9 years old, in the hospital for months, thousands of stitches, several plastic surgeries, and many years of therapy, finally 2 weeks ago at my local dog park I was able to approach a Great Dane, I cant begin to describe the admiration and respect I have for this young woman, I am now 43, it has taken that many years for me to fully trust and have a faith that she never doubted !!!  Bethany your such of a blessing to all of us !!!

Laura
3/30/2011 5:38:11 PM
Katie United States
Katie
I have been one of your fans since I was in the 3rd grade and I have been inspired by you to take my relationship with Christ to the next level. I am in the seventh grade and I still make a habit of reading your book about 4 times a year, and I get more inspired everytime I read it. Thank you for being the person and believer you are. You are my hero and I can't say how much you've inspired me in my daily life. Your view on life and your beliefs have helped me be who I am today.
3/31/2011 6:24:26 AM
clyde Henkelman United States
clyde Henkelman
Bethany,  You are an inspiration to many many people.  I truly respect and admire the way that on your interviews and talks that Jesus Christ is always number 1.  Thank you for bring Him out in everything you do.  I truly enjoyed your interview on K-Love, and I know God is going to continue using you in so many ways for His honor and glory.  God bless you.
3/31/2011 9:11:19 AM
Janet White United States
Janet White
Bethany - I just want to share with you that I have a 22 yr old that lost her right arm in January of this yr all the way to her shoulder.  She has been in the hospital since Dec 29 and was in ICU for over a month - then the Trauma unit for a few weeks and is in the REHAB unit now learning to walk and talk over again.  She had over 25 surgeries and a massive stroke which cause her to lose use of her right leg and her speech.  She has masive wounds that are still healing also.  This was all caused by a flesh eating bacteria.  I took my grandchildren to see a movie in January and saw the previews of your movie and was so moved by your strong will to live and make a difference.  I prayed then that if the Lord allowed Tara to live, I would take her to this movie when it came out to inspire her.  We were told for two weeks that she wasn't going to make it but God had a different plan.  The Lord blesses us every day with advancement in the right direction.  She has a long journey ahead of her but I just had to say thank you for sharing your story.  I am sure I am just one of many you have touched and I can't wait to share it with Tara when she is to be dismissed from the hospital in late April.  May God Bless You!  Janet White
3/31/2011 11:00:52 AM
ciara United States
ciara
You are an inspiration,Bethany.God bless you.
3/31/2011 3:46:42 PM
Adrian Arroyo United States
Adrian Arroyo
Hi, Bethany  keep up showing people gods word don't let one arm stop you from teaching the word to the people, I have speech problems but I am not letting that stop me from helping out people not even you can too just think it's an reason you only have one arm and don't  let it hold you back???

God Bless, Adrian A. Arroyo
3/31/2011 7:45:24 PM
Graham United States
Graham
Hey, Bethany! I listened to your interview today on KLOVE.com and was really encouraged by your testimony.  When I was eight, I had a brain tumor and lost my vision as a result.  Now I am eighteen and I understand, as you shared, how God can use us just as we are.  In 2009, I traveled to Romania on a mission trip and was amazed at how God worked through me and in me.  Thanks for allowing God to use you for His glory.
4/1/2011 8:14:43 PM
Madeline United States
Madeline
Thank you Bethany for being obedient and giving glory to God! What a blessing you are to other women seeking Godly models in their lives. I am a youth leader, and took my small group of four Sara, and Rachel) They were crying and joyful, but grateful to hear your story and to see that God blesses you when you stay strong in your faith. He will provide direction through the ugliness that comes our way, and makes us beautiful. We loved the movie, and will continue to pray that it bring others closer to God.
4/2/2011 7:32:49 AM
Hannah United States
Hannah
Bethany, hearing your story is inspiring to me and everyone who heard it. I can hardly wait for Soul Surfer to come out and to read your book. The
movie looks good to me. Your story can help me to
never give up and trust God when I need him. I was
listening to Klove when I heard you talking to
Scott and Kelly. When I heard your voice, Bethany
I was like wow. Your faith in God has taken you a
long way. Your story is good enough to touch more
people like me. I hope in time that you will
encourage people with your testimony. Praise be to
God for you to share your story! Hannah Age 13
4/2/2011 2:50:31 PM
morgan United States
morgan
Smile
4/2/2011 5:40:08 PM
Emily A. United States
Emily A.
Bethany,
I read your story when I was 12, that's about 2 years ago, and even still it's definitely the most inspriational story I've ever known. Thank you for giving me reason to realize that life could always be worse, and that I should always push through, no matter how tough it gets, and to trust in God. I can't wait for your movie, I can't wait to cheer for you in your next competition, and thank you.
4/3/2011 6:46:53 PM
Mary Lawrence United States
Mary Lawrence
I want to share with you something that your story helped me to over. Last year around this time I got ran-over by a truck. The last thing i remember is leaving my garage on me bike.. 4 hours later i become aware that I'm on a board in the hospital. I was awake the whole time i just cant remember anything. I had nightmares about it for so long.. I dreamed of a huge loud sound and a flash of light. I haven't told any one about this yet. But now I have. I was traumatized and my personality was changed. I started to treat my parents really badly and I fell away. Hearing your story made my night mares go away completely. I dream in color and fun wonderlands once more and i have not had a nightmare for going on 2 weeks. Thank you for sharing your amazing story with those who needed to hear it!!!!!!!!

Love always,
                                                  Mary Lawrence
P.S.- Today is my 15th birth day. I have mad it through it another year and hope to make it through as many as it takes to make a difference : )
4/3/2011 6:48:47 PM
Mary Lawrence United States
Mary Lawrence
P.P.S. - I teat my family a lot better.
4/9/2011 4:43:25 PM
Leticia United States
Leticia
My name is Net.I saw "soul surfer" with my gma and annoying brother. I liked it except the part where her arm was bitten off. My brother said his favorite part was and I quote,"When she started surfing after her arm was bitten off." My gma said her favorite part was and i quote,"when she started surfing again when her arm was bitten off." WOW! Everyone likes when she starts surfing again. But that was the best part. =) Best movie ever.