Apr 28 2011

How can I help?

We've all been shocked to see the footage of the devastating storms that have hit in many states over the past few days. Many have asked...what can I do? How can I help? Here is a list of some of the organizations that are already at work in the hardest hit areas:

Convoy of Hope: http://www.convoyofhope.com/

Samaritan's Purse: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

Salvation Army: http://www.salvationarmy.com/usn/www_usn_2.nsf

American Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/

Southern Baptist Disaster Relief: http://www.namb.net/dr/

United Methodist Committee on Relief: http://new.gbgm-umc.org/umcor/

Dream Center of Birmingham

America's Blood Centers

Thanks for helping those in need!

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (13) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

4/28/2011 3:24:14 PM
Ben Kiesler United States
Ben Kiesler
Operation Blessing is on the ground and helping.
4/28/2011 3:40:20 PM
Grant Mills United States
Grant Mills
Tornadoes devastated the South on Wednesday. Possibly the hardest-hit area was Tuscaloosa, where at least 32 people died.
Wrap Up America wants to help in the relief efforts. By visiting WWW.WRAPUPAMERICA.ORG you can donate a blanket for only $3 that will then be immediately shipped to the Red Cross in Tuscaloosa. Help us warm the hearts of those who have lost everything.
4/28/2011 4:18:32 PM
Jessica United States
Jessica
God's Pit Crew out of Danville, VA, is helping. They have a web page & it's easy to google.  Smile
4/28/2011 4:45:36 PM
David and Dawn Day United States
David and Dawn Day
We are contributing financially, but God is prompting us to do more. We are being led to open up our house for a family to come and stay if they would like.  We are just not sure who to contact. We live in Michigan but will travel to pick them up or arrange transportation. Does anyone have any suggestions?
4/28/2011 4:48:29 PM
yvonne United States
yvonne
I will be given to help out finance. Can we donate with KLOVE or red cross
4/28/2011 6:08:45 PM
Jennifer K United States
Jennifer K
The author of a blog I subscribe to lives in a city that was hit hard. Her church is setting up an online donation drive. I have posted the link below; she gives a list of items desperately needed along with the address to send them to! I think it's so important in times like these to help out our fellow brothers and sisters!
www.couponingtodisney.com/.../
4/28/2011 7:20:50 PM
amelia United States
amelia
this morning while i was eating i was literally staring at the tv with my mouth open. i was shocked that there is 160 tornadoes.
4/29/2011 1:20:40 PM
mike United States
mike
tussculusa got hit pretty hard!i feel sorry for the people who died & so their familys!i was watching this happen on the weather channel last night and it almost made me pass out!i'm so thankful that i live in louisiana,beacase i would've had to go through that with my children!lets all pray for the people who went through that terrible tornado!!!
4/29/2011 1:49:09 PM
cathy United States
cathy
Just wanted you to know that I drove a 26 foot truck from Fresno to Mississippi when Katrina hit.  It was the most eye opening trip that I have ever been on.  I did this on the behalf of the school bus drivers of Clovis Unified.  If I could do it now I would in a heart beat.  My prayers are with everyone
4/29/2011 3:37:58 PM
Gabriela Bonilla Costa Rica
Gabriela Bonilla
Blessings you guys, indeed our Lord is there with, I listen to you every day from Monday to Friday at work, I love your music, and it is great to be tunned in with you. God be with you all the way. Thank you for your work. My best regards from Costa Rica!!!!!!!!! Pura vida con Dios.
4/29/2011 9:03:05 PM
Sarah Kretzinger United States
Sarah Kretzinger
My family was flying home from a funeral in Savannah, Georgia Wednesday night and was delayed because of the storms. I flew out Thursday afternoon and could see the damage done by the tornados as we flew over. I couldn't help but think of how much I love a gentle breeze but how destructive it can become. God spoke to me and reminded me that things in our lives that can be good can become out of control and lead to destruction. For example or job - something He has given us to take care of us we can quickly become devoted to and abandon our families in our dedication to our jobs. The tornado wasn't just an external destruction for me personally - God used it as a loving lesson and I'm so glad I heard His voice.
5/1/2011 9:21:10 AM
Barb Foster United States
Barb Foster
Because of listening to your show Friday afternoon my Husband Jim Foster & Mike Mullen of Piqua, Ohio got together with a few friends and got 5 &1/2 skids of bottled water for the tornado victims. They left Sunday  morning 5/1/11 for Birmingham with this load. lease pray for their safe trip and for all the victims. Thanks for your show.
5/1/2011 11:20:25 AM
Elena Bowling United States
Elena Bowling
I love how the Fosters (and friends) of Piqua, OH were so quick to react to God's urgent call.  Praying for safe travels and an outpouring of blessings on this mission and the victims whose lives will be touched.