May 31 2011

Welcome Laura Story to the show today!

Laura Story ("Blessings" and "Mighty to Save") was on the show today, and in case you missed it, you can listen to the interview below! Also, join us for her LIVE concert tonight (7pm CT) online!

Laura on how God sometimes changes our plans:

Laura on working with Chris Tomlin, Third Day's Mac Powell, and the song "Indescribable":

Laura on the importance of church:

Listen to the whole interview

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (25) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

5/31/2011 1:22:12 PM
Donna Perkins United States
Donna Perkins
love this song.  My 8 year old daughter asked me to get this song for her iPod when we were in the car on Friday.  I love that this song speaks to her young heart as well as mine.  Thank you!  We need to remember that God is so much more than just a wish granter - His ways are higher than ours and may not appear to make sense to us.  Surely if God created all that we see and cannot see, we can trust Him with our little details.
5/31/2011 1:24:13 PM
kasey Rademacher United States
kasey Rademacher
i am 17 and i live in north dakota. I just wanted to let you know the song blessings hasnt just touched me but my entire family. I used to take piano lessons when i was little but i gave up.. i decided to start over and just teach myself and I started with worship songs. your song is the song i play first and last every night. i just wanna say thank you and to let you know that you have a major impact on a lot of people. I pray for you! thanks so much laura
5/31/2011 2:44:21 PM
Duane Vincent United States
Duane Vincent
just wanted to let you know i was so blessed when i heard blessings for the first time. in fact i am going to be singing it in 2 weeks at church. i myself suffer from ms and my mother has leukemia and others have problems in our church. i just think this song fits perfectly. thank you
5/31/2011 2:49:22 PM
J.joann taylor United States
J.joann taylor
Sing Your SONG,, You never know who is LISTEN and what EFFECT it will have on their LIFE
5/31/2011 3:01:12 PM
Kori United States
Kori
Love this song!!!  Love the line about disappointments and the worst disappointment in my life was a miscarriage that I experienced but GOD allowed this time for me to become closer to him so for that I'm forever thankful!
5/31/2011 3:04:29 PM
Alex United States
Alex
I was going through hard times a while back and was having trouble believing I was worth anything. Add to that, my parents never really showed any affection toward me as a kid, so I basically grew up feeling unloved. What I do when I feel down is listen to music, and so I decided to get on youtube and start listening to music. While searching, I happed to come across the song "Grace" by Laura's Story. And once I started listening, I couldn't help but burst into tears. I don't know what made me cry, because I know God loves me. I suppose I just had to hear it in a different way.

Thank you Laura for writing this song, it really spoke to me.
5/31/2011 3:08:41 PM
Pam Bynum United States
Pam Bynum
I WENT THROUGH A SIMILAR SITUATION SIX AND A HALF YEARS AGO.  MY HUSBAND WAS DIAGNOSIS WITH A BRAIN TUMOR.  FOUR MONTHS BEFORE THAT MY MOM WAS DIAGNOSIS WITH LIVER AND PANCREATIC CANCER.  JEREMIAH 29:11 WAS THE VERSE I CLAIMED.  OUR CHURCH WAS SO SUPPORTIVE TO OUR FAMILY.  I TRULY DON'T KNOW HOW PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO HANDLE THE PRESSURES AND HURT  WITHOUT GOD.  THEY ARE BOTH NOW IN HEAVEN WITH GOD.  NO REGRETS BECAUSE THIS WAS GOD'S PLAN.  YES IT HURTS, BUT THE WONDERFUL THING IS GOD IS THERE WITH HIS ARMS OPENED WIDE WHEN I NEED TO BE COMFORTED.  THANKS FOR SHARING.
5/31/2011 3:11:01 PM
Alethea Hoppe United States
Alethea Hoppe
Hello Laura,
God bless you and welcome to KLove today. The first time that I heard your song Blessings, I felt God's anointing on it and knew that it was from God. Thanks for being His instrument. My husband was diagnosed with a brain tumor in 2009. It was golf ball size and non cancerous. I am happy to report that God has healed him. In 2011 after an MRI his doctor reported that he has no brain tumor any more and no trace that there ever was one.
This was a difficult time in our lives, but God saw us through. God bless you and your husband.
Sincerely, Alethea Hoppe from Whiteville, NC.
5/31/2011 3:22:48 PM
mary United States
mary
one of my kids was born with bad kidneys and would need a transplant. on top of that he got an infection in his dialysis cather and the medicine took is hearing at age three and a half. he is now seven, had transplant two years ago and is doing awesome! Thank you Jesus! i am going to school for sign language interpreting and we have to interp a song... and Blessing is that song. i had only heard it once then heard the story behind it. i knew then that was "my song" as my daughter would say. Thank you Laura for giving voice to what my heart needs to hear. that song touches my soul and it is always turned up!
5/31/2011 3:24:10 PM
Kathleen Sharrock United States
Kathleen Sharrock
Last year, 3 days before my husbands 40th Birthday, he was diagnosed with Hilar Cholangiocarcinoma.  It is a rare cancer.  The tumor is resistant to chemo & radiation, and Michael isn't a surgery candidate. He was starting to go through a midlife crisis; until a life crisis arose.  Our only hope is that God will give him a miracle.  We have three children, 21, 10 & 8. The first time I heard blessings, I had to pull the car over because the tears wouldn't stop from flooding my face & I couldn't see to drive.  It was as if I had written this song myself.  The tears, anger, pain, desperate pleas, the sleepless nights...His mercies are always in disguise.  Please God, don't take the love of my life away from me.  Lord, my babies need their daddy.  His mother needs her only son.  Lord ... please hear our prayer!  Laura Story...thank you!
5/31/2011 3:28:51 PM
Andrea United States
Andrea
I was listening to KLOVE this morning on my way to work as I usually do, and the song (or excerpt) "Blessings" was played as an introduction to you being a guest on the program. When I heard that song for the very first time I thought it was beautiful, printed the lyrics, and said to myself "I would really love to sing that song in church some day" (hopefully the music will be available to purchase in the near future). When I heard the reason why this song was written I wept.  The song has much more meaning to me now because like your husband I was hospitalized with a brain tumor last year around this time.  This trial in my life was such a spiritual awakening for me and strengthened my faith in a such a way that I realized that this trial was truly a blessing and definitely mercy in disguise.  I felt God's presence throughout everything.  He gave me strength when I needed it most and wrapped his loving arms around me. I pray everyday for his healing to continue.  You see, although it was a malignant tumor, they removed it all, and to this day there have been no signs of anything on my MRI's. This song resonates in my heart, and I pray that your husband is doing well.   Keep on being a blessing through your music.
5/31/2011 3:29:01 PM
Hannah Lemon United States
Hannah Lemon
Laura,
My name is Hannah Lemon and I am 9yrs old.  I live in West Virginia. I really like your song Blessings and I am going to sing that at my church.  My dad asked me to sing it he said my voice would be perfect for it. But it won't be as good as your voice!  Remember, I love you and God loves you, too.

Love,
Hannah (a KLOVE listener)
5/31/2011 3:37:36 PM
Mary Anderson United States
Mary Anderson
Your song has been a comfort to me because of the story you told just before I heard "Blessings" for the first time. We had just been told that my 7 year old grandaughter had bone cancer. This is a cancer that is rare and usually occurs during the 2nd decade of life. It usually occurs in only the femur and might be found in the lungs. Morgan Had it in the left femur, lungs, right shoulder. hip and tibia, and femur. and As the Dr. was getting ready to remove 7 inches of her left femur after five rounds of chemo they found that she also had it in her left pelvic bone. Needless to say we were devastated.
  The next morning on the way to work I was listening to Klove and heard you for the first time. I wondered what blessings could come out of what was happening to Morgan. I would try to come up with a blessing everytime I heard the song and they soon began adding up. Knowing that there are so many people that are caring in our town wanting to help anyway they could. One blessing is the number of people that we know whose lives have been touched. Being able to tell others about our Lord and Savior.
  I do know that sharing my faith with others has been a blessing for me. Last week I went on a prison mission and got to share with prisoners that have been praying for Morgan.
I thank GOD for your talent and your song. It has helped me through a rough time and will continue to do so as we travel this journey with Morgan.
Please pray for her as she travels to M.D. Anderson Hospital in Houston this next week. She will see a Dr. Peter Anderson on Monday and I ask that you pray for him as he treats Morgan Anderson
5/31/2011 3:42:49 PM
Hope United States
Hope
Hello I am 14 years old, my name is Hope and I live in Pennsylvania. Going through some hard times in life, when the most Godly and caring friend I had turned away from me and started to hate me, I decided that God didn't love me. Since I lived in a christian family it was hard to share my feelings because no one seemed to understand. I always thought that the sleepless nights, tears, and pain were a punishment from God. Going through each day in agonizing pain and confusion I decided I couldn't take life any more. I planed to kill myself until I heard this song on K-LOVE. I cried, realizing that God send these times to show us His blessings. His plans are not our plans. This song saved my life. I listen to it every day. God Bless you all!!
5/31/2011 3:59:30 PM
Chelsea United States
Chelsea
Laura,
My Name is Chelsea and I live in Ohio. I have just recently listened to your song Blessings, and I Just love it and I listen to it all the time now, I know now that blessings are everywhere, and this song was one of them. Thank you for Sharing this wonderful song for us, and I told my Pastor I would Love to sing it sometime for our church, I really feel God move through it everytime I hear it. and I would love to let others feel it too, Thank you for letting God use you to minister to our hearts! God Bless you!
5/31/2011 4:00:33 PM
Dawn United States
Dawn
I can't tell you what a blessing this song has been. My dearest friend has M.S. and it is no longer in remission and watching her struggle as this disease is slowly killing her is so very difficult.  The last time I was at her house, she got really sick and was in the bathroom for quite a while.  I was sitting at the table praying that God would be with her and help this episode to pass quickly.  When she came out of the bathroom I was crying and she said to me, "Don't hurt for me, I'm excited to see what God's going to allow me to go thru next!"  She has learned what Mercies in Disguise really are.  She is the most gracious example of a Godly woman that I have ever known and she is such an inspiration, example & encouragement to me as a single mom.  Blessings is my tribute to her.  Thank you, Laura!
5/31/2011 4:06:48 PM
Nicole United States
Nicole
A group of 40+ people from my church, First Family Church of Osage Beach, MO went to Joplin to work with Convoy of Hope.  We assisted families in cleaning up their properties, handed out food, prayed with families, and fed people.  As we returned home, Laura Story's song Blessings came on the radio.  As we sang along with in the van, all I could think about was all that I had seen.  I thought about how I could possibly describe the devastation.  It really made me think about my attitude, how I approach life, how I need to begin living life to the fullest, and about all of the blessings in my .  So, in order to describe my time in Joplin I would begin to list blessings (e.g. my God- because He died for your sins and mine, my family, my friends, my church, my photos and memories to share, my home, my job, a car to get me from A to B, clothing, my pets, a pillow to rest my head, air conditioning, something to eat and drink, a plate to put my food on, utensils to eat with, a place to sit and a chair to sit on, a hand to hold, shower, toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap), electricity, running water, walls standing, a school for
my children to attend, and the most basic nessecities that you don't think about each day...).  I have been through much in my life, but it does not compare.  The people of Joplin are strong and when you talk with them you can see it.  God bless them and Convoy of Hope.  May they continue to be God's hands and feet.
5/31/2011 10:36:33 PM
Dave C United States
Dave C
Really great interview / music session with Laura Story.  I really liked that she said she was now more afraid of a kind of smaller Christian life - how do we carry out the message in a world of hurt ?  Blessings is a great song too.  God is really good.
6/1/2011 7:03:11 AM
diane clerkin United States
diane clerkin
Wow my life has had a lot of heart aches however I know God has collected every tear my frist daughter was killed by a drunken drinker 33 years ago today my brother died at 39 my dad nine months later and a year later my grandma whom i dearly loved died I had a grandson who went home on his birthday and my hubsand of 32 years whom I meet in 7th grade died of cancer however I sing praise the Lord my treasure is in heaven waiting for me! Your song confirms whats in my heart thank you!
6/3/2011 3:45:53 PM
DIane Roberts United States
DIane Roberts
E Coli can be found on vegetables that have come in contact with the bacteria.  Remember the spinach problem a few years ago? Always wash all fresh fruits & vegetables before eating or cooking to clean them.
6/3/2011 5:47:47 PM
Tammy Lower United States
Tammy Lower
I just heard you talking about Edna in San Antonio.  I just want her know she's not alone.  I tried to take my life 5 years ago, but obviously did not succeed.  God took control.  He showed me there was too much to live for.  Long story short.  I am now a 52 year old nursing student about to finish my first year of the RN program.  He has gotten me through it all.  He is the reason I'm here and I am embarking on a profession where I can help and witness to others.  Edna, you have too much in your future to do anything to yourself.  The Lord is in your future waiting for you, let Him take care of you!  My prayers are with you and will be for many days to come.
6/6/2011 3:40:39 PM
Brian Johnson United States
Brian Johnson
Clowns are post to be funny. Clowns are post to do, try to make God's children laughing. Please parents, Jesus say; I don't want my little followers to sin. Matthew 18:21-22
6/7/2011 7:06:39 PM
Lacee United States
Lacee
I am so blessed because like many on here and yourself my husband had a brain tumor and had surgery 5 months ago. We are youth pastors and it has been hard to watch him struggle, but it has been amzing to see God's hand on us carrying us through.  2 weeks prior to finding out he had this tumor God gave my husband a dream...in a nutshell God told my husband we were getting ready to get a big blessing  and not to judge the blessing by the package.  Your song has touched my husband and I, and just confirmed the very truth that God himself revealed before we ever knew there was an issue with his brain.  This walk is our blessing! Thank you for being obedient and sharing your song!
6/8/2011 1:16:15 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
Hi my name is bethany and I am twelve and a half years old.  I love listening to klove.  I haven't heart your song yet but based on the comments I will sure be listening to it soon.  Been a tough year for me and need a rest.
6/8/2011 1:28:51 PM
Bethany United States
Bethany
  Hi my name is Bethany and I live in NM.  Wow. Just listened to your song and it touched my heart.  Recently I have been having hard times not to count the many blessings God has graced me with this year.  May God be bountiful to everyone including you.