Feb 28 2012

Post Operation

Scott's update with Kelli...

Ali's Surgery

Ali after surgery

Taking in the local culture

Eating the local food

Today has been life changing to say the least, I believe we all have those “Aha Moments” from time to time, today was one of those for me!  I sat in an operating room in Kabul, Afghanistan for 45 minutes, and watched a doctor change a child’s life, and the life of his family.  It is hard to imagine that $1,000 changed little Ali Sina’s life… FOREVER!  You, the K-LOVE family, did that!  You changed a little boy’s life today!

Do you want to help more kids?  Right now, there are 100 million kids, just like Ali, who have a CUREable disability that can be fixed with a simple surgery.  The number seems staggering, and it is, but what’s even more staggering is just how simple it is to help change their lives… $1,000 and 45 minutes.

I know that most of can’t give $1,000, but here’s what’s beautiful, you don’t have to.  This is about being part of a community, as the Church, working together we can make a difference!  Maybe it’s you, as a Sunday school teacher, small group leader or youth pastor, getting your friends together to help CURE Intl. change a life just like Ali.  We won’t change all 100 million kids lives this year, but together we can put a dent in it, start today, right here… K-LOVE + CURE

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (24) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

2/28/2012 8:47:33 AM
Jason Galindo United States
Jason Galindo
It is so AWESOME to see JESUS shine in a lost country of persecutors of our God! To show that JESUS loves even those who hate him and his children. I pray that hearts would be softened there through this and other miracles performed in Christ's name in that country so that our brothers and sisters over there might have the opportunity to know the True God. Thank you guys for shining!
2/28/2012 9:21:26 AM
andrea United States
andrea
that is so great that little ali got to have that surgery. We are praying for him! I know what its like to be diffrent i was born without a fully develiped nose so I am glad that Ali can live a normal life. we will keep praying!
2/28/2012 10:48:54 AM
Andrew United States
Andrew
I think its Awsome the things that docters can do with $1,000 and i cried looking at ali after the sergury and nowing that praying for her will change her life for ever
2/28/2012 11:54:34 AM
Linda Evans United States
Linda Evans
WOW!  Oh how Jesus is sooooo good...I am so pleased and have a huge lump in my throat...I know how how his family feels and how grateful he will be one day when he is old enough to understand...I was not born with a cleft lip but instead another condition that there was no corrective surgery for until 6 years ago when I was 46 years of age...God and my team of doctors transformed my life...I am so blessed and OH YES, I DO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!
Thank you Jesus and thank you K-Love and all of your listeners...My mother and father did not get to see my transformation...I can't wait to get to Heaven to see them...
God Bless!
2/28/2012 12:20:26 PM
Roxanne United States
Roxanne
How wonderful to see his beautiful eyes just shining at Scott!  God is so wonderful!  The surgery when so WELL!  What remarkable insigions the surgeons made.  Before the surgery I thought how are they going to revape his tiny small nose.  God guided their hands so very well.  WOW!! How marveleous is His grace!  God bless each and everyone in this tedious process.
2/28/2012 12:21:03 PM
Fiona United States
Fiona
What a miracle! This is such an awesome job being done through Christ. I have little Ali will be in my prayers as well as Scott. I will also keep all these other children who are in need of such problems that make life so much harder for them. I pray that through Jesus Christ as many children as possible get the opportunity to have the best "normal life" as possible. God bless what everyone is doing to make things like this possible.
2/28/2012 1:54:53 PM
Danielle S. United States
Danielle S.
He looks wonderful! Thank you for the good report! We love you Ali! The Stilwell's
2/28/2012 2:05:13 PM
Cindy Bedford United States
Cindy Bedford
I am so proud of all the people that have made Ali's surgery, and life(!) possible. Congratulations to his parents, to Scott, to the klove team of prayer warriors, and to the surgical staff and everyone else! Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ for his infallible goodness!
2/28/2012 2:56:37 PM
Fran Russell United States
Fran Russell
This makes me cry.  We need to continue to pray that lifes will be changed, not just physically, but spiritual as well.  Praise the Lord for His mercy that is renewed every morning.
2/28/2012 3:04:35 PM
KELLY STEELE United States
KELLY STEELE
PRAISE GOD FOR YOU BRING UP PEOPLE THE RIGHT PEOPLE TO SHINE YOUR LIGHT IN A DARK AND LONESOME PLACE LORD I JUST THANK YOU FOR THE K-LOVE FAMILY THAT PITCHED IN TO SHOW YOUR MIGHTY AWESOME LOVE MAY WE BE PROSPEROUS IN CONTINUING TO SHINE YOUR LIGHT AND YOUR LOVE FOR THE WHOLE WORLD TO SEE AND MAY MANY LOST SOULS COME TO KNOW THE ONE TRUE GOD THE ONE THE ONLY FATHER , CREATOR MAKER OF ALL THINGS THIS I PRAY IN THE NAME OF JESUS AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2/28/2012 3:51:17 PM
Deborah Haynes United States
Deborah Haynes
God has paid the price thousands of years ago, and Jesus shed his blood for all mankind to have a life more abundantly. God is an awsome God and I believe that people have to go through certain situations in order for His word to reach them. God does bring people together. Ali will now be able to tell others what God has done for him through the Klove ministry. Your testimony is more than you will ever know.
2/28/2012 3:57:47 PM
Alexis Hamilton United States
Alexis Hamilton
What a touching and amasing life chanhing miricle he from now on will never be the same
2/28/2012 4:03:51 PM
Elsy Abraham India
Elsy Abraham
Speechless and humbled by the great mercy of God!Good job KLove and partners...Lord, save Ali and his people!
2/28/2012 4:18:14 PM
Beth United States
Beth
Look he has a nose! God works amazing miracles through His people. God bless all who were involved! I will be praying for Scott's safe return and for blessings on Ali and his family. Beth
2/28/2012 4:23:11 PM
Jennie Brandt Morales United States
Jennie Brandt Morales
What an amazing gift. I am so touched over the photos. We pray for Scott's return and all the families over there. God bless you all. We truly have an amazing GOD
2/28/2012 5:07:40 PM
Sharon Stinson United States
Sharon Stinson
Have been excitedly waiting for the "After" picture of sweet little Ali! He is beautiful! So clear that God's love and mercy has blanketed this entire effort, spilling out into hearts and hands of everyone ministering to this little child, right there with him or praying all over the world.  And how awesome that the surgeon was even able to put the little "Cupid's bow" in Ali's lip that makes every baby's smile so adorable! Continued blessings to Ali, his family, and all involved in this miracle work.
2/28/2012 5:31:50 PM
Maria Kouchoukos United States
Maria Kouchoukos
Ali and his his family are very blessed, he looks wonderful. We will keep him and his family in our prayers, and pray for Scott's safe return. From the Kouchoukos Family in Texas
2/28/2012 5:43:12 PM
Jennifer Ward United States
Jennifer Ward
Where is the video of the surgery? I saw it this morning while at work, but now that I am home and can watch it, it's gone.
2/28/2012 7:04:10 PM
Marsha Williams United States
Marsha Williams
How wonderful is the God of all creation.Praise Him, nothing compares to His Great Love. Many Blessings to Ali and his family. Ali, may the Lord bless and keep you and your family safe and well. May the Light of Jesus continue to shine through this Great Miracle.
2/28/2012 10:29:56 PM
Ashley United States
Ashley
I have been touched and inspired by this cause, it is especially close to my heart as a parent of a 1 year old boy with a cleft lip. Knowing first hand the shock and desperate need to provide care for a child born with special needs I can't imagine the deep gratitude and that little Ali's family is experiencing and how God can and will use that for His glory. I want encourage Ali's family that the healing from the surgery will seem slow at first but will amaze you a year from now. My sons smile is my favorite sight to see everyday. And I am so glad to know that there is an organization out there making this possible for these families through the love of our Father.
2/29/2012 1:43:40 AM
Vanessa United States
Vanessa
Praise GOD that without him we are nothing. Thank you jesus for taking care lil ali. We have a awesome God and i know he is proud of the amazing Children he has.
GOD BLESS
2/29/2012 7:25:42 AM
Virginia Kopacz United States
Virginia Kopacz
May God bless all those who are reaching out and healing these little ones with the hands of Jesus. My great-nephew was born with hare lip and cleft pallate.  He went through many, many reconstructive surgeries and now he is a handsome husband and father.  Thank God we have great surgeons and medical facilities that he was able to receive the best treatments. I pray protection and provision for you all and may God be glorified in and through these families' lives and through yours. In Jesus' name Amen and Amen!!
2/29/2012 7:31:21 AM
kara United States
kara
one word....

wow!
2/29/2012 11:12:39 AM
Betty Jones United States
Betty Jones
It is just amazing what ya'll have done. Such a heart warming story of little Ali, God is sooooo good all the time. I just pray for his continued recovery. Bless you Scott for all your caring, must be so exciting to be used by God in such a powerful way. God's love,mercy and blessing on you and all the klove team for travel mercy on a safe return home.