Mar 09 2012

Special Guest, Birds in Space & Clocks

Our special guest today is Steven Curtis Chapman.

Leaving a message

Ending his tour in Florida.

Ooops! Wrong Steven Chapman! Here is the right one!

Special Guest Matthew West.

New Album

Daylight savings time shift is tough for night owls. msnbc

Daylight Saving Time Health Risks. Shine from YAHOO!

Filmmaker James Cameron to explore the deepest depths of the ocean. CNN

Traveling with young children? Find a sitter in the sky. TODAY

Actions: Permalink | Tell A Friend! | Comments (14) | RSS comment feed Comment RSS

3/9/2012 1:51:17 PM
Laura Holland United States
Laura Holland
I just wanted to tell Steven Curtis Chapman that he and his family were an inspiration to us to begin the adoption journey.  Many years ago, at one of his concerts, I felt God tugging at my heart to adopt one day.  Now, many years and 3 kids later, we are on this "Great Adventure" to adopt our 1st child from China.  We should have our dossier to China in the next few weeks and then we can be matched with our newest family member.  Thank you Steven for all your work for the orphans of the world.  You and Mary Beth have made such a difference in so many families.
3/9/2012 2:05:59 PM
Steve McNabb United States
Steve McNabb
Steven, you are one of my alltime favorite artists. The question is this. Have you ever been to Utah? If not, would you like to come lead worship at my church one Sunday? Laughing How about my house?
3/9/2012 2:21:22 PM
Dawn Nelsey United States
Dawn Nelsey
Please tell Steven Curtis Chapman that his song, The Great Adventure, inspired my two daughters, Ashley and Brandy Nelsey, 21 & 23, to ride 1500 miles from West Branch, Michigan to Houston, Texas on their horses with their dog Tae to raise $15,000 to build 3 water wells for the people of Haiti. They are in Clarence, LA right now and have raised $18,500 and are still on their way to Houston and hope to raise the money for one more well. They left in September of 2011 and expect to reach their destination in Houston by the end of March. They have relied on God to find them shelter and people to host them all along the way. Thank you for being an inspiration for them, Steven. Smile
3/9/2012 3:05:32 PM
Kirsten LaSovage United States
Kirsten LaSovage
Dear Steven, your daughter passed on birthday..I didn't know until this Christmas. My son Craig passed away Feb.7th, 2009 at 17. I want you and your wife to know that i have given all the Glory to God! I would love to share my story with you. Craig wanted to be a warrior for Christ. Psalm 139 13-16 NIV bible...God Bless you and thanks for loving the Lord and all of your great music!I know your pain and I know the joy that God gives, His comfort on this path of lossing a child!
3/9/2012 3:08:59 PM
Dawn Brachle United States
Dawn Brachle
Hey Steve growing up I was in a very dark place.  Then I heard you song Saddle up you Horses , which being a girl who grew up on horses feel in love with the song butt it also opened my eyes to a real love. Fun I should of know it from growing up in church lol so thank you for those songs they helped me find the true life
3/9/2012 3:41:25 PM
Les Edwards United States
Les Edwards
I was listening to the show with Steven Curtis Chapman.  A few weeks ago I led to stop and capture all the words to a song, after years of not stpping to take time to do this when an idea for a song popped in my head.  The first person that came to mind when my wife asked if I could think of an artist singing the song, was Steven Curtis Chapman.  I am wondering how a person would get some ctitique or consideration for a song.  Now I see the contest with Matthew West, and maybe the story behind the song might be perfect for the contest.  Can you provide some insight or feedback or would Steven have any thoughts or suggestions.  Thanks,  Les OKC
3/9/2012 3:45:45 PM
Les Edwards United States
Les Edwards
Sorry for the grammer errors and miss spellings. "I was led"  "after years of not stopping"  "critique for a song"
3/9/2012 4:12:36 PM
Fact King United States
Fact King
1. There is no such as thing as Daylight Savings time. The correct spelling is Daylight Saving Time -- there is no "s" at the end of "saving." It made me cringe every time one of you said SAVINGS Time this afternoon.

2. Daylight Saving Time is actually superior to Standard Time, as there is more sunlight in the evening when we're actually awake, as opposed to 5 a.m. when we're still sleeping. This leads to people being more productive and less depressed in general.

3. Yes, it can mess with our bodies to keep changing the clocks back and forth; so we should probably leave it alone. But we should leave it Daylight Saving Time all year, and do away with that depressing, gloomy Standard Time.
3/9/2012 6:52:16 PM
danielle United States
danielle
hi i wanted to say hi so hi and i am a kid so if you were wonder why i am just saying hi so..........
.........hi
3/9/2012 6:56:41 PM
danielle United States
danielle
also k love is encourgeing me alot to do the fight thing and i would of never listen to this music and be so happy then i have ever been in my life is for haveing this church camp at tunrers creek babtist church and that camp will change your life and i will advives you to come one year it is a awesome adventure and it is just amazing and so i want to thank that church and scott and keli for their encourgement
3/10/2012 3:00:56 PM
June Ohm United States
June Ohm
Farmers farm by the light, not the time and if they want to farm at night, equipment has improved immensely and they can do that with little problem. During planting and harvest, I see them out all night.
Not only that, I recently heard a statistic siting higher incidence of heart attacks with time changes - Daylight Savings time is not healthy for us.
Or, as was earlier stated, just leave it at daylight time so those with jobs have more evening light - farmers don't farm by the clock anyway - it's only good for people with 9-5 jobs.
3/10/2012 3:55:35 PM
M A Frasier United States
M A Frasier
Daylight saving time needs to end. Here in Odessa TX we are in the dark till 8:00am when we spring forward. And to let some people know many teachers and children are up and having to get to school in the dark. Kids are at bus stops and no daylight. The hazards of health and accidents far surpass the benefits this antiquated law is supposed to fix. So politicians lets end this stupidity. ASAP
Margie Odessa TX
3/12/2012 12:59:26 PM
Donna United States
Donna
Scott I am with you!  Daylight Saving time change doesn't affect my sleep or anything else. It's changed on Sunday and by Monday, those who "think" it affects them should bounce right back. Jeez, it's an hour, not 5! LOL!  It drives me absoultely crazy when people state they are exhausted, I don't get it, it makes no sense to me! And who doesn't love it being lighter at night? I am much more productive and personally wish they'd live it as it is now. Don't Fall back.

Thanks to you both for making me smile, I love your show and listen here at work!
3/12/2012 4:29:03 PM
Steve United States
Steve
I was raised on a farm and it didn't matter what time it was, we did whatever needed to be done.  In fact, I believe most farmers and ranchers don't care.

Also, our body doesn't go by moths and days so adding an extra day doesn't mean we have extra sleep saved up.

And, Loyola University has a study that shows it is not good for our health to move the clock ahead.