Feb 28 2013

Heard on Today's Show

If you missed us on Today's show . . . you can catch up here. We'd love to hear from you!

Duck Dynasty's - Phil Robertson

Teen Takes 10 Mile Trek

Brogurt...yogurt made by men for men...interesting!

6-Year-Old Boy Raises $30K for his friend

The Royal Boys

Both Prince William and Prince Harry are following in their mother's footsteps:

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Pay to Use Bathroom
Have you ever had to pay to use the restroom? Scott did in Beverly Hills once. Seems to be the new trend...what do you think?

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Oregon Lawmaker Proposes New Law for Freeway Driving

Kids Who Eat Breakfast and Workout Are Smarter

Hollywood Couple Creates The Bible Series

2/28/2013 12:40:57 PM
Nancy United States
Nancy
About your lost earring. Why not give your dog sitter the one you still have along with the set for her. Then she can make a pendant out of it.

I learned in the past that things set apart for "someone" are not a blessing unless they fulfill their purpose.

Have a good afternoon
2/28/2013 12:41:19 PM
George Zelznak United States
George Zelznak
The answer to the earing dilema is simple. Follow your inner voice, questioning whether to keep them or not already carries the answer within. Dont keep them, you will be bothered forever, thinking you should have gifted them.
2/28/2013 12:44:11 PM
Christi United States
Christi
I am listening to you guys while at work in the office and I couldn't help but respond to Kelli's delima about her lost ear ring. I think she should still gift the pair of ear rings to her friend and keep the single ear ring and as a reminder of when Matthew West was on the show and you lost your ear ring. You can look back on it as a funny little reminder. And if the ear ring is big enough maybe you can make in into a cute pendant on a necklace or pin. I hope this helps! Smile
2/28/2013 12:51:39 PM
Mary United States
Mary
Hi guys I heard Kelli's earing situation, and I know for me the answer would be found only in those quiet moments where I can hear my God's direction, you know all the noise outside is not the answer, often I know the answer if I just release all the outside noice, fear, wanting and allow the honesty to surface. No one else knows what is right only our God so I would allow that truth to surface and have the answer taylored just for you Kelli. Smile
2/28/2013 12:53:50 PM
Keith United States
Keith
To Ear or Not to Ear ... ing ...

This is in response to Kelli's earring issue.

There is no right or wrong here.  No sin will be committed either way.  it simply comes down to a matter of conscience.  Kelly, if you will personally struggle with keeping the earrings you already have your answer.

Having mentioned it on air has complicated the issue i think ... that move may have also determined your outcome for you.

Blessings.
2/28/2013 12:59:40 PM
Keith United States
Keith
To Ear or Not to Ear ... ing ... continued ...

Think of how you will feel when you see your friend wearing the earrings in the future -- will you feel troubled an envious, wishing that you still had them or will you feel blessed and happy that she is able to enjoy them?
2/28/2013 2:24:20 PM
Nancy Thompson United States
Nancy Thompson
Hi Kelli,

This is a comment on your ear rings situation. The reason I'm commenting on the website is because I do not have a Facebook account or am interested in having one.

My view on it is follow your heart, you are doing what the love of God inspires you to do. There is a powerful heart center within you where God's love flows to you and from you. So in following your heart, you are doing what the love of God inspires you to do.

Love beholds the potential within all people and circumstances. It offers you a preview of the blessings that are possible. Love says that you are worthy of being loved and capable of expressing love that blesses you as the giver and others as the receivers.

Love is wise, beholding people and things as they are but never limiting you or another from being the full expressions of the compassion and caring that we can be.

"God answered Solomon, "Because this was in your heart, and you have not asked for possessions, wealth, honor, or... for long life, but have asked for wisdom and knowledge for yourself that you may rule my people..., wisdom and knowledge are granted to you.'"---2 Chronicles 1:11-12

Blessing- Nancy Thompson Smile
2/28/2013 2:59:24 PM
Sean United States
Sean
Hi Kelli,
First off, I love your show and have never posted a comment. But, when I heard your story today about the lost earring, I was reminded of a Bible verse.
Luke 16:9 NIV

I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings.

I don't know what you plan to do but this was very present in my mind when you were discussing what should be done.

God bless,
Sean
2/28/2013 3:31:15 PM
kathy forkert United States
kathy forkert
I wanted to comment on Kelli's earring dilemma. My heart goes to out you. I think you should be completely honest with her. I'm not judging. But I do have an idea. Does she have a favorite book or cd? Keep the earrings and give her something that means a lot to her. No guilt, because you've "come clean" with her,and she'll have a token of how much you treasure her.  Just a thought. God bless.
3/1/2013 7:18:45 PM
Merri Smith United States
Merri Smith
I heard you talking tonight about a new website where you could buy meals locally from people that had their kitchens checked out etc.  I got home and totally forgot the name of it - I want to see if it's in my area.  Love the idea - home made but won't take hours to cookSmile
Thanks!
3/6/2013 7:35:14 AM
Robert United States
Robert
Sorry for the delayed response.  I heard the show as I was driving and was unable to respond immediately, but haven't forgotten about your issue.  I believe you stated you two were very close, like sisters?  Is your bond so that you trust her and she you?  You stated she would appreciate anything you gave her, correct?  Think back as a child, pure and innocent thoughts of love, where two close friends would care for each other and share everything.  Let me ask you, why not give her one earring and you keep the other?  That way, when you both look at each of them, wearing them or not, each earring will remind each of you of how a true friendship is and should be, not of material things but of meaningful matters.  A friend.