We are so happy to have this opportunity to aid you in discovering God’s purpose for your life within the work and service of His church. The church is not a building, nor is it a Sunday service. The church is the worldwide gathering of those who have been redeemed by Jesus Christ, who trust in His saving work on the cross, and who profess His resurrection from the dead. The church is, by definition, the gathering of God’s forgiven people. That means we cannot “do church on our own.” Instead, we make a point of regular worship, service, prayer, and study with those whom Christ has called into His family.
5 Ingredients of a Healthy Church:
1. PREACH THROUGH THE BIBLE: Galatians 1:6-9 The Bible is held as God’s eternal, perfect, complete, and sufficient Word. Pastors should teach from it and explain God’s character, His truths, and how we should live because of these truths.
2. CLEARLY EMPHASIZE THE GOSPEL: Ephesians 4:11-16 The church believes the good news: Jesus came into the world to live, suffer, and die in the place of sinners so that sinners could be reconciled to God.
3. HAVE QUALIFIED PASTORS: Every pastor should meet the qualifications laid out in 1 Timothy 3:2 and Titus 1:7-9.
4. VALUE GROWTH: Acts 2:42-47 Members should be encouraged toward deeper devotion to God.
5. CLEARLY STATE BELIEFS: Titus 2:1 They communicate their beliefs clearly, with gentleness, and respect. When you’re discouraged, the friendships in your church can bring you comfort by reminding you of God’s hope. When life is easier, it’s a gift to have others celebrating God’s work with you. We pray you join a church where you can be encouraged, challenged, and sharpened in the faith.
Why This Week is the Best Time to Get Started:
The saying, “there is no time like the present to get things done” applies to connecting with the local church. Don’t let the doubts, fears, or the enemy’s lies keep you from the blessing of being with Jesus-loving people. This is the perfect time to promise God, and yourself, that you’ll gather with His people this weekend.
Remember to attend a church at least 4-6 weeks in a row to begin to learn the culture and “flavor” of that congregation. Stick with it, and prayerfully ask God to guide you.
1. Do you have any friends that go to a healthy church? Ask them about the “5 ingredients” in their church.
2. If you’re having a hard time finding a church, please feel free to give our pastors a call at 1-800-525-5683.
So that if I am delayed, you will know how people must conduct themselves in the household of God. This is the church of the living God, which is the pillar and foundation of the truth. - 1 Timothy 3:15
For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 3:11
Each one should use whatever gifts he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. - 1 Peter 4:10
Therefore, let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity. - Hebrews 6:1
Their responsibility is to equip God’s people to do his work and build up the church, the body of Christ. 13 This will continue until we all come to such unity in our faith and knowledge of God’s Son that we will be mature in the Lord, measuring up to the full and complete standard of Christ. - Ephesians 4:12-13