Have you ever struggled with sharing your faith at work? Are you concerned about what your coworkers will think of you? Are you worried they may ask you a question you don’t know the answer to, or you’ll get in trouble with your boss? You are not alone if you’ve ever wrestled with these thoughts. So we’ve put a list of Scriptures and prayers together to help you receive God’s guidance and strength as you take the good news into your workplace.
1. Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. – 1 Peter 3:15 NLT
Heavenly Father, I know You want me to share Your Word at work, but sometimes I struggle to learn how to do that. I pray that You will help me to know how to tell others at work today about the reason for the hope I have in You. May my story point them back to You and the better story You want to write in their lives.
2. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone. – Colossians 4:6 NLT
Lord, things can get heated at work sometimes. With everything going on in the world right now, tensions are high. I pray You will help me be gracious in my words and actions today at work. When I’m asked the hard questions, I pray You will give me the proper response so others will know of Your goodness and love.
3. “In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.” – Matthew 5:16 NLT
Father, I thank You for showing me Your goodness. I praise You for the light that You have brought to my life. I know so many of my coworkers are living in darkness without You. I ask that You help me to see them the way You see them so I can love them the way You love them. Show me what good deeds You have planned for me at work today so that Your light can shine on my coworkers through me. May the good that I do at work become a bridge for people to walk across into a relationship with You.
4. But how can they call on Him to save them unless they believe in Him? And how can they believe in Him if they have never heard about Him? And how can they hear about Him unless someone tells them? – Romans 10:14 NLT
God, I’m so thankful for the people You brought into my life to share the gospel with me. If they had not dared to speak into my life, I would not have a relationship with You. So as I step into my workplace this week, I pray that You will give me the same courage You gave them. I know that without someone to share the gospel with my coworkers, they will never know how they can find life and salvation in You. So help me do what others have done for me in the past for them today.
5. When I am with those who are weak, I share their weakness, for I want to bring the weak to Christ. Yes, I try to find common ground with everyone, doing everything I can to save some. – 1 Corinthians 9:22 NLT
Heavenly Father, I’m so grateful You sought to find common ground with me by sending Your Son to become a human being and die for my sins. I can’t comprehend what that must have been like for You! As I go to work, I pray that You will help me to find common ground with my coworkers. Some days it’s hard to connect with them, but I believe You’ve put me here for a reason, and there is something we have in common that we can click on and use as a bridge to Christ. Help me to discover what that is today.
6. So let’s not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up. – Galatians 6:9 NLT
Lord, some days I get so tired. There are moments when I feel worn out and like I have nothing left to give. I pray You will fill me with Your presence and strength. Restore me with Your Spirit. Show me how I can abide and stay connected to You throughout the day. When discouragement creeps in, may I remember the promises of Your Word, the hope I have in You, and may I keep moving forward in what You’ve called me to do at work.
7. Jesus came and told His disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” – Matthew 28:18-20 NLT
God, I am humbled that You would choose me to share Your good news with the people in my life. It is an honor to take Your message wherever I go. I pray You will help me to communicate Your Word so that it resonates with my coworkers. May they be drawn to Your love and goodness. Show me how I can walk alongside them and guide them on how they can take their next steps in their relationship with Jesus in this season of their life.
8. “Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are My disciples.” – John 13:35 NLT
Heavenly Father, I thank You that You are a loving, gentle Father, slow to anger and abounding in love. Jesus said that people will know we are Your children by how we love one another. I pray that You will help me to be loving to everyone at work today. May I be filled with Your love, and may Your love overflow from my life into theirs. Show me how to connect my coworkers with the love I show them to the love You have for them.