Posted on Saturday, Jan 18, 2020 by Pastor Randy
“Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works.” Hebrews 10:24 (NLT)
I am the person I am today because of my parents. They instilled specific morals that reside deep within me. Life with them also introduced deep dysfunctions that impacted me profoundly.
Our home was constantly filled with drama because of my mom’s bipolar disorder and my dad’s alcoholism. I grew up learning an attitude of “give your life away,” because my family couldn’t function at a daily level of normalcy without help from other people. But I also learned quickly that life’s not about me. It’s about helping and serving the hurting and wounded people closest to you.
As a young man, I would pray for my mom to have good mental health days and for my dad to maintain his sobriety. It demanded great maturity, patience and perseverance. My prayer for my parents would always center around Matthew 6:10: “May your Kingdom come soon. May your will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.”
That’s what Christian families do for each other! Sometimes the best way you can help your family is by praying for them. Here are a few prompts to guide you as you pray for your family:
- Pray for each family member by name.
- Pray for any specific needs God brings to mind for each family member.
- Pray for God’s provision for your family.
- Pray for God’s protection for your family.
- Pray for good health for your family members.
- Pray that God will show you how to best love and support your family members.
- Pray for God to restore any broken relationships in your family.
- Pray for God’s peace and blessing over your family.
- Pray for salvation for any family member who doesn’t know the Lord.
- What family member has been on your mind lately? Take time to pray specifically for them today.
- What issues are you currently facing that you need to be in prayer about for your family?
If you need prayer or you would like to talk with a K-LOVE Pastor, we are here to serve you. Call us at 844-364-4673 (hope).